Random Thoughts Thread

TaurusSHO

In contrast though, in the 42 years that Im alive, and I spent ALL of them in Montreal on XMAS day, I NEVER saw a green XMAS, it has ALWAYS been a white one.

I think this year, I have a pretty good chance in seeing a green XMAS...The weather man is calling for 12 degree Celsius...12 mother effin degrees...in Montreal...on the 25th of December???!!!!

We ususally get snowstorms on this day...no joke!!!

Sadly....Im NOT at all sad about it...

Mr. Bing Crosby has got me covered either way...

I aint posting the other song for fear of jinxing the 12 degrees Celsius...cause trust me...I aint dreaming of a white one this year!!!

The days start getting longer now. Thank goodness.

I ALWAYS say that!!!

Each and EVERY time the 1st day of winter rolls around, I see the silver lining in that frozen cloud and rejoice that finally, the days are getting longer again! AMEN!

Amen to what both of you said. I HAAAATE the days of waking up and it's dark..leave the house and it's dark, get home from work and it's already dark as well. I'm not working 12 hour days or anything either Just sun up was around 7:30 and sun down was around 5:00. 

In contrast though, in the 42 years that Im alive, and I spent ALL of them in Montreal on XMAS day, I NEVER saw a green XMAS, it has ALWAYS been a white one.

I think this year, I have a pretty good chance in seeing a green XMAS...The weather man is calling for 12 degree Celsius...12 mother effin degrees...in Montreal...on the 25th of December???!!!!

We ususally get snowstorms on this day...no joke!!!

Sadly....Im NOT at all sad about it...

Mr. Bing Crosby has got me covered either way...

I aint posting the other song for fear of jinxing the 12 degrees Celsius...cause trust me...I aint dreaming of a white one this year!!!

Speaking of freak weather... I woke up to thunderstorms this morning and a downpour like I haven't driven in in a long time. I couldn't drive quicker than about 40mph from lack of visibility and just that much water on the road I didn't want to catch a puddle and hydroplane like a jackass. Oh, and it's about 50 degrees this morning. It's NEVER been this warm this late around here. Okay, "Never" is a lie..I looked it up and record high for today was 74 degrees one year. But this is usually the time of year where we're getting frosts every night, highs in the 30's, snow threats(don't always get it but there's always the threat), and cold and windy. Not this year. It's freakin' weird. 

You can keep the warmth and rain. Last year sucked in Seattle with the lack of rain and cold and especially the short ski season. This year is awesome so far and I want it to continue so keep it as is and rock on! :metal:

So I've realized I want my entire life to be everything Eminence Front represents minus the drugs. Exactly like GMC's precision, in control, passion and precision and professional grade. So basically I want my life to be a GMC commercial.

That is called marketing. Damn folks, I have been seduced by the aspiration of a brand. Colour me impressed and deeply respectful of GMC.

I can see why Casa, another well put together man, has a GMC. A tip of my hat to you, fine sir.

Yes, GMC. Yes, Precision. Yes, Professional grade. Yes, Rembrandt. Yes, slice through crowds. Yes, victory. Yes!!! Yes!!! I beseech such personal, low-key grandeur. Such prominence. Such exuberance. Such wow.

This is my deliverance, my resurgence, my precision, my DENALI.

....my New Year's Resolution!!!

Anything less is unacceptable. 

• Agree 1

Ground floor: Perfumery, stationary, and leather goods, wigs and haberdashery, kitchenware and food. Going up...

First floor: Telephones, gents ready made suits, shirts, suits, ties, hats, underwear, and shoes. Going up...

Second floor: Carpets, travel goods, and bedding, materials, soft furnishings, restaurants, and ties. Going down...

First floor:Telephones, gents ready made suits, shirts, suits, ties, hats. Going down...

• Agree 1

Ground floor: Perfumery, stationary, and leather goods, wigs and haberdashery, kitchenware and food. Going up...

First floor: Telephones, gents ready made suits, shirts, suits, ties, hats, underwear, and shoes. Going up...

Second floor: Carpets, travel goods, and bedding, materials, soft furnishings, restaurants, and ties. Going down...

First floor:Telephones, gents ready made suits, shirts, suits, ties, hats. Going down...

Second floor, hardware, childrens wear, ladies lingerie

Oh,Good morning Mr. Tyler

Going down?

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 1

So I've realized I want my entire life to be everything Eminence Front represents minus the drugs. Exactly like GMC's precision, in control, passion and precision and professional grade. So basically I want my life to be a GMC commercial.

That is called marketing. Damn folks, I have been seduced by the aspiration of a brand. Colour me impressed and deeply respectful of GMC.

I can see why Casa, another well put together man, has a GMC. A tip of my hat to you, fine sir.

Yes, GMC. Yes, Precision. Yes, Professional grade. Yes, Rembrandt. Yes, slice through crowds. Yes, victory. Yes!!! Yes!!! I beseech such personal, low-key grandeur. Such prominence. Such exuberance. Such wow.

This is my deliverance, my resurgence, my precision, my DENALI.

....my New Year's Resolution!!!

Anything less is unacceptable. 

That is funny Suave...

Even if you are serious, and Im basically making fun of  you right now by not taking you serious and laughing at you...so please forgive me.

OH...I admire your English language skills.

I could only dream of mastering the English language the way you have. Its eloquent. Hence your name...DUH... You made another  post a day or two ago that I was in total  awe of your English language skills. 

• Agree 1

Going down?

LOL Totally not the reference I was making.  We'll see if anyone gets it.  I'm sure someone will... my bet is on Moltar.

Well Olds, English isn't even my main language. I learned it as a second language way back when.

People do often comment how I don't have a sliver of an accent - I get miffed at that, because I know people from Northern India who came here very early yet theirs is so thick. Yes, I'm a Northerner and Winter was coming...but didn't come.

But yeah, man, I want to slice through crowds. I'm done being a Jeep Comanche (remember the thread about your soul vehicle), I need and want to be a GMC Denali. So I will become one. More like a personal glory type deal, and a way of carrying swagger than anything else.

Anything less is unacceptable. :gmc:

Well Olds, English isn't even my main language. I learned it as a second language way back when.

People do often comment how I don't have a sliver of an accent - I get miffed at that, because I know people from Northern India who came here very early yet theirs is so thick. Yes, I'm a Northerner and Winter was coming...but didn't come.

But yeah, man, I want to slice through crowds. I'm done being a Jeep Comanche (remember the thread about your soul vehicle), I need and want to be a GMC Denali. So I will become one. More like a personal glory type deal, and a way of carrying swagger than anything else.

Suav, you're Indian? And most importantly, you don't have an accent??? 

Or conversely 

Yes, but a fully Naturalized Canadian kiddy.

You wouldn't know though, because of the 4 season climate I lived in before, I was pretty used to harsh winters already. 

And guess what, I got tanned IN CANADA.

He is Canadian of Borg... he has been assimilated, eh?

Or conversely 

Yes, but a fully Naturalized Canadian kiddy.

You wouldn't know though, because of the 4 season climate I lived in before, I was pretty used to harsh winters already. 

And guess what, I got tanned IN CANADA.

So you're from India and live in Canada? That's really neat, man! That sounds like a rare combo, lol.

My gf's parents are both indian(and the gf) and her dad has a very strong accent and he's been here for over 30 years at this point(probably close to 35). Her mom, you wouldn't know she was Indian if you just talked to her over the phone, no accent at all. But they both moved here at different ages her mom basically grew up in Wisconsin and her dad went through college over in India. 

Sun up at 7:30 and sundown at 5?

Try sun up at 9 and sundown at just after 3.

"I have lost my way/but I've heard tell/about Heaven in Alberta/'where they have all Hell for a basement'" -Gordie Johnson

Umm, hell no. I'm just tripping out over the fact that it is 15-20 degrees cooler here in the desert than just about anywhere east of the Mississippi. El Nino is wreaking havoc on the weather patterns here.

Edited by surreal1272

"I have lost my way/but I've heard tell/about Heaven in Alberta/'where they have all Hell for a basement'" -Gordie Johnson

Umm, hell no. I'm just tripping out over the fact that it is 15-20 degrees cooler here in the desert than just about anywhere east of the Mississippi. El Nino is wreaking havoc on the weather patterns here.

What temps are you lookin' at? Prior to today we've been highs in the mid 50's even low 60's for almost the past month. I just keep waiting to walk out of my house in the morning and finally get hit in the face with the nasty teens and 20's but it just hasn't happened yet. Heck, yesterday morning I was woken up before my alarm for a thunderstorm. On my drive to the bus I could only go about 40mph because of visibility and that much water on the ground, it was dumping rain hard. If that was snow, it would have been 2ft it was coming down that hard and it lightly rained all day. Weird. Ass. Weather. 

What temps are you lookin' at? Prior to today we've been highs in the mid 50's even low 60's for almost the past month. I just keep waiting to walk out of my house in the morning and finally get hit in the face with the nasty teens and 20's but it just hasn't happened yet. Heck, yesterday morning I was woken up before my alarm for a thunderstorm. On my drive to the bus I could only go about 40mph because of visibility and that much water on the ground, it was dumping rain hard. If that was snow, it would have been 2ft it was coming down that hard and it lightly rained all day. Weird. Ass. Weather. 

We have been in the 50s and 60s here while my hometown back in NC will be near 80 for Christmas. Craziness. I know the midwest is a little collier than that but you are at the same temperature as Phoenix so that is something right there.

Going down?

LOL Totally not the reference I was making.  We'll see if anyone gets it.  I'm sure someone will... my bet is on Moltar.

Dude it's Are You Being Served.

Going down?

Are you talking about Scottley's Department Store?

:deathwatch:

Okay this is a bit cryptic, and also retarded funny.

I've been talking about GMC a lot past few days, so sure enough, Motortrend tests a Denali Truck today. It performs adequately, at the very least.

And the same commercial I posted here played on TV at least once - each time I watched TV for about 25 mins at a time.

A very merry Christmas to you as well GM. Well played.

• Agree 1

It's 13 degrees Celsius or 55 Fahrenheit outside.

I could wear shorts right now.

In the middle of December. A retarded laugh ensues. EL K I reckon you're 6 ft under in snow by now.

Remarkably, no. Northern Alberta's temps and snowfall have been more along the line of what Ontario is typically like this time of year. Edited by El Kabong

attachicon.gif2015-12-25.png

For those who aren't instagramers.... 

If you are on instagram and would like to follow us - CheersandGears.com Instagram

Yeah, I really gotta get on the Social Media bandwagon. #NewYearResolutionthatIwillrenegeon  

Perhaps it's due to a kind of ineptitude...

But I love a play of masks, and dammit I like what I did to a portrait as myself that I use as the Avatar pic... comfortable resemblance, but flashy anonymity at the same thyme - and it's just like the default Avatar, because Imma wearing a suit and tie and all fancy.

Was coming into town yesterday and got to play with a Maserati Grand Turismo on the highway. Oh my god the noises it made, it was eargasmic. I was so surprised that the Miata was able to keep up with it when he gave it the beans. It was an awesome time to have the top down!

• Agree 1

I always take off the week between Xmas and New Years..sometimes to go out of town, sometimes to enjoy a staycation and rest.  The weather has been great here the past week, highs in the 50s-60s and lows in the mid 30s.  Some rain and overcast..

Just hanging out w/ the furkids, watching some British TV, catching up on sleep..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

This weather freakin' sucks! 

We've been getting heavy rain for about 3 days now. Flooding everywhere.. 

We FINALLY get wintery Quebec weather tomorrow.

SNOW FREAKIN' STORM!

Give me a HELL YEAH!

25-40 CM or in Yank speak...10-15 inches of pure Canadian snow!

Living in the desert the last 8 winters, I kind of miss the big, dry snows I lived with on the Front Range in Colorado.  3 feet, close to 4 feet in 2-3 days in fall or spring, then 50-70 degree days and melting...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

SNOW FREAKIN' STORM!

Give me a HELL YEAH!

Living in the desert the last 8 winters, I kind of miss the big, dry snows I lived with on the Front Range in Colorado.  3 feet, close to 4 feet in 2-3 days in fall or spring, then 50-70 degree days and melting...

I thought I was having a grand 'ol time when this El Nino stuff delayed the white stuff.

Then I thought about it... when the 24th and 25th came and went....a green Christmas sucks big time. 

I hate the snow when it arrives, but I miss it when it aint present when its supposed to be present.

I am sooooooo looking forward to this snow storm. And the province of Quebec issued an alert for the Montreal region. We rarely get a provincial warning...even when a snow storm is mentioned...so this one should be a biggie...and I cant wait for it to start!

Desert?

Las Vegas is where you call home now?

Edited by oldshurst442

SNOW FREAKIN' STORM!

Give me a HELL YEAH!

I thought I was having a grand 'ol time when this El Nino stuff delayed the white stuff.

Then I thought about it... when the 24th and 25th came and went....a green Christmas sucks big time. 

I hate the snow when it arrives, but I miss it when it aint present when its supposed to be present.

I am sooooooo looking forward to this snow storm. And the province of Quebec issued an alert for the Montreal region. We rarely get a provincial warning...even when a snow storm is mentioned...so this one should be a biggie...and I cant wait for it to start!

Desert?

Las Vegas is where you call home now?

Phoenix.   Been out here since '08, lived in Colorado (Colorado Springs then Denver) from '97-08.   But I'm originally from Ohio, lived in NE Ohio and SE Michigan, so I'm familiar with the fun of 'lake effect' snow.. :)