Random Thoughts Thread

TaurusSHO

This is probably the last time I see a few of you.  I hope they're gentle when they stuff you, and they keep you well basted on your journey.  We know you've given your all, and we appreciate it, always.

Enjoy the Basting and roll on hard with the rest of the trimmings.

Happy Turkey Day to you all! :P

• Agree 1

They didn't have the 300C I requested so they offered it to me as a "free upgrade." It was the first time I'd ever been in one so I figured I'd see what the deal was.

The deal was: it's an oddly-styled high hatchback with a torquey but thrashy engine, married to a transmission that reacted slower to throttle inputs than Kobe Bryant. Not quite what I was hoping for, to say the least.

So much for the so called betting experts favoring the Cowboys just because Romo was back. Well they were half right on one thing though. He did make a difference. Problem is that he made a difference for the Panthers courtesy of two pick sixes. Rushing for squat doesn't help the cause either. So much for that vaunted Dallas front line. Go 11-0 Panthers!

Edited by surreal1272

A fool on the Malibu forum is trying to convince everyone that the difference between gasoline octanes is oil company propaganda. He thinks if the car runs on regular gas, then premium is pointless. And he keeps posting articles and "proof" taken totally out of context because he doesn't actually understand octane or engine tuning at a fundamental level.

A fool on the Malibu forum is trying to convince everyone that the difference between gasoline octanes is oil company propaganda. He thinks if the car runs on regular gas, then premium is pointless. And he keeps posting articles and "proof" taken totally out of context because he doesn't actually understand octane or engine tuning at a fundamental level.

Those are the "fun ones" to start trolling. Get to it CP!

• Agree 1

To force somebody to change their user name because somebody "didn't like it" is stupid and the said individual should just grow a set instead of complaining about somebody's friggin screen name. There are a million better and more worthy things to worry about. You're the kind of person who will bitch and complain at Wal*Mart to get more than your money back because they left you "unsatisfied" and you "deserve" to be treated differently. Grow up, Grow a set, and stop feeling entitled. Funny story, not everything can go your way in life. Sometimes...you just have to deal with it.

• Agree 1

If one honestly thins they can change how somebody acts by forcing them to change their name they're just plain wrong. Look at the posts following said name change for proof.

No, one didn't have to deal with it because they cried like a little baby till they got their bottle. I never thought they would have been one of "those people".

"You can take the person out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the person."

• Agree 1

Breaking news:  Lincoln brings back the Continental coupe for 2018, seen here completely without camo.  Also, this will be the first Lincoln with their latest "family face".  Nice!  :)

post-37-0-95965600-1449055334_thumb.jpg

(disclaimer:  this is a JOKE.  It's not real.  I hope.)

Breaking news:  Lincoln brings back the Continental coupe for 2018, seen here completely without camo.  Also, this will be the first Lincoln with their latest "family face".  Nice!  :)

attachicon.gif11217567_410607082479633_2085215284332934284_n.jpg

(disclaimer:  this is a JOKE.  It's not real.  I hope.)

Very Cool,

Gotta love the pedestrian decapitation front end on it and of course this will come standard with the rear cameras to deal with the small blind spots! :P

:roflmao:

So I wonder how fast be fore we see families with a BOLT as their go to work and local driving auto plus a gas powered or Hybrid CUV for road trips?

Amazing Deer tries to take out Police Cruiser. Dashcam captures the deer after flipping over the auto and then running off into the woods.

WOW :o

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/12028256/Deer-flips-into-the-air-after-hitting-a-police-car-then-miraculously-runs-away.html

Rules is rules. The same rules apply equally to all. Deferring to someone who willfully flaunts them is a terrible message to send. Correcting them, no matter how petty it may seem, is the correct action to take.

Simple as that

Where are these rules you speak of anyhow?

What is the rule on screen names?

Edited by ccap41

The rule is "trolling behaviour." If every post you make, regardless of topic, includes a dig against an automaker before you even type a word?... you're a troll, and you clearly have no other reason to be here other than to troll.

But what does a screen name change change about the person behind the keyboard?

The part of user names being out of accordance with forum etiquette is called a signature violation.

I'm all for freedom of expression but you can't have a user name that becomes a snide insinuation in any circumstance. 

It becomes immediately obvious when a post is created by the same person that is an assertion in line with the user name.

Besides, if such user names were reciprocated throughout the forum, there would be no semblance of a community. 

See like this, this is a great head2head in another industry that is a good example.

Username: Coca-cola induced cancer 

Thread: Coca-cola vs Pepsi

You see?! As an analogy. I hate coca-cola, (well, Pepsi too). I hope they burn like highly volatile hydrocarbons.

If I was a member for a forum for soft drinks, and my only interest was to participate in topics concerning the two, it would seem like I was to dog coca-cola that whole time. I don't think I'd get any favours from other posters or mods to see to my cause.  

• Agree 2

About user name that is trolly...

Who?

What?

Where?

When?

and finally

Why?

Any good journalist needs to find these out....then again, I aint a journalist...but I would still like to know. Curiosity killed the cat you know, thankfully, I got several more lives to go.

• Agree 2

About user name that is trolly...

Who?

What?

Where?

When?

and finally

Why?

Any good journalist needs to find these out....then again, I aint a journalist...but I would still like to know. Curiosity killed the cat you know, thankfully, I got several more lives to go.

Hey Olds you're back!!

Yup...like Ahnold...Im Back!

Id post a gif of some sorts with the Governator saying that, but my tablet wont let me post links in this site for some reason. I spilled water on my laptop 2-3 weeks ago and Staples, or Bureau En Gros as its known up here in French Territory formely known as Lower Canada, has a hard time replacing the keyboard. 

Difficulty with parts they have.

Same suppliers as Tesla they must be.

Turned to the dark side they are. Like Elon Musk once did.

Oh please Master Yoda, save us from the evil Empire that is Staples and from Lord Elon....

I stopped posting not only for laptop woes, as I could have done it with this stupid tablet, leave of absence to reset my thought process was necessary.

Anyhoo....glad to be back.

Glad I was missed by a couple of fellow Canucks.

• Agree 2

Nope...im trying to find a way to even post a youtube link, and this tablet does not have the right power...

The tablet must not be a Jedi Knight, must be Jar Jar Binks....

Oh well, when I get my laptop back, Ill be sure to post Sheena Easton's Sugar Walls.

Why?

Well, I finally got to revisit those walls of sugar that belong to my wife recently, I just remembered one of the reasons why I love her. The other reason is she cooks real good.

Come to think of it, she cooks real good in the bedroom too...

Edited by oldshurst442

The part of user names being out of accordance with forum etiquette is called a signature violation.

I'm all for freedom of expression but you can't have a user name that becomes a snide insinuation in any circumstance. 

It becomes immediately obvious when a post is created by the same person that is an assertion in line with the user name.

Besides, if such user names were reciprocated throughout the forum, there would be no semblance of a community. 

See like this, this is a great head2head in another industry that is a good example.

Username: Coca-cola induced cancer 

Thread: Coca-cola vs Pepsi

You see?! As an analogy. I hate coca-cola, (well, Pepsi too). I hope they burn like highly volatile hydrocarbons.

If I was a member for a forum for soft drinks, and my only interest was to participate in topics concerning the two, it would seem like I was to dog coca-cola that whole time. I don't think I'd get any favours from other posters or mods to see to my cause.  

I guess one thing that makes this confusing is the sole advocate of the name change's name.

You can have a name that is derogatory in nature and can be easily regarded as offensive.. but "Burnt Valve(enter engine here)" is worse?

..jus' say'n.. ;)

One question. is this a random or persistent thought?

If it's persistent, please pm more about this to me or Drew. I can happily explain why and when.

Otherwise I don't want anymore of this the invade the last thread I want to go off track.

Random thoughts are not persistent ones.