Random Thoughts Thread

TaurusSHO

Well ya know... there is a car spotters thread posted every month here @ C&G.

Wow, I feel really stupid because I knew that but forgot. I even stopped and glanced around just a second(and apparently very poorly) looking for sowmthing like that but I just completely forgot. So I said screw it, I'll just post'm here.

About the pics themselves,

The ONLY thing that didn't look right on the new Silverado was how the colored strip through the grill met the colored strip through the headlights. They don't match up. Other than that I REALLY like the refresh, a lot.

Edited by ccap41
  • Agree 1

The current Silverado's nose really is a jig-saw puzzle of pieces, isn't it? For some reason, I can't stop looking at the seams.

That's the only thing about the refresh that I don't like. It looks tacked on or aftermarket at close inspection. I'd like to see one in person to be sure though.

AAAND... there's a Volkswagen on the label...

Full of win, right there :)

1367290296684.png

That was a good scene in Planet of the Apes. A fitting example of VW. :P

The current Silverado's nose really is a jig-saw puzzle of pieces, isn't it? For some reason, I can't stop looking at the seams.

Agree, I have to say this is one of the ugliest versions of the Truck. GMC wins this round for having a superior looking nose.

That's the only thing about the refresh that I don't like. It looks tacked on or aftermarket at close inspection. I'd like to see one in person to be sure though.

On the right side you can see clearly they they beveled the strip down to match the headlight size, but since it is all white or any color for that matter it easily blends in looking more like a mismatch. Over all I think it was poorly executed. They could have done that grill better to match.

My house was built in '86.  I wonder how much it would cost to go through and update the electrical system... breaker box, etc.  none of my outdoor outlets work, and apparently they're tied to some of the inside outlets.  I'd also like to install an outlet in the garage for a car.

My house was built in '86.  I wonder how much it would cost to go through and update the electrical system... breaker box, etc.  none of my outdoor outlets work, and apparently they're tied to some of the inside outlets.  I'd also like to install an outlet in the garage for a car.

That's a lot of super easy work for an electrician. I had issues with a bunch of the outlets in my house and my brother (who has electrical experience) swapped out the bad ones in a few minutes, even repaired a light switch. Shouldn't require rewiring the whole house.

My house was built in '86. I wonder how much it would cost to go through and update the electrical system... breaker box, etc. none of my outdoor outlets work, and apparently they're tied to some of the inside outlets. I'd also like to install an outlet in the garage for a car.

Point of reference. In May of thise year, I updated from 60 amp service with fuses to 150 amp service with breakers. This also required replacing the exterior meter box and mast head. I had two brand new GFI recepticals added to the front of the house as well (no outlets before) and a whole house surge protector is inclded.

Price - $1900 all in.

• Agree 1

I got a promotion today.... sort of.

I finally got the title and job description to match what I've actually been doing for the past 24 months. At the same time I got assigned to an important new project that will finally get me the visibility in what I do.

not a bad way to end a week.

• Agree 4

I am baking broccoli and cheese casserole for early Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow over at Dad's.  "Fresh" broccoli heads at grocery store looked like they'd been cut 6 munts ago, but I picked through and bought the best 3 I could find.  On way home, I realized I have a locally famous farm stand not 2 miles from my house... so I took a turn and stopped in.  WOW... the broccoli is fantastic there, and only ONE DOLL HAIR per head!  So I took the other crappy stuff back.

You returned broccoli?

I said to the young hipster princess at customer service... "I know this is weird, but I need to return this broccoli, I just bought it..."  she happily obliged, after weighing it and checking my receipt.  ;)

It seems for a moment I was having a conversation with many in different threads and all of a sudden everyone just disappeared.

(Scratch, scratch, glance at recent memorable and funny post)

Somewhat like, what, well oh allright...

Testicular Solitude

Heavy emphasis on solitude. Solitude sold separately.

• Agree 1

Thed, I would not be able to survive what you have.  I hope your beautiful new car gets repaired fully to your satisfaction as quickly as possible.  Bummer, dude.  It seems the C&G Curse has life.  A good number of us have been there.

Miatas and deer don't get along.  :(

Miatas and deer don't get along.  :(

No!!! NOOOO!!! No! No!!

Why?!!

I don't know, ask the damn doe. She's the idiot...  :banghead:

12247020_10207027144589621_1883944509696

12234865_10207027144789626_3913420424863

12241402_10207030346749673_7051827793702

12294921_10207030347349688_1536469394097

That royally sucks Thed. I do not miss that about NC. I have had more close calls than I care to count in my 35 years in that state. 

(Opens letter for New Provincial Health Card)

(Shows it to brother first)

"The only thing that is missing is a joint"

"Bro, seriously, how much pot did you smoke that day?"

"Can they arrest you for looking like you smoked a sh!t ton of weed when you show up to renew you card?"

(I look at my Health Card, ensuing reaction)

5bf.jpg