Random Thoughts Thread

TaurusSHO

It would make a really nice Nissan. I mean, it's got good power, the hatch is convenient, all that good stuff. But it's just a bit thrashy and noisy, and some of the switchgear was a bit chintzy. Maybe the new one is better, but I'm not sold on it by any means.

It would make a really nice Nissan. I mean, it's got good power, the hatch is convenient, all that good stuff. But it's just a bit thrashy and noisy, and some of the switchgear was a bit chintzy. Maybe the new one is better, but I'm not sold on it by any means.

Infiniti in general is a mixed bag. While I detest CUVs in general, I always liked the 1st gen. FX35/45. IMO, it still looks better than most of the CUVs out there. Now, they are just bland.

BOZOS, RETREAT FROM YOUR CONSOLES!  :AH-HA:

SCREW YOU!! IT'S A JAPANESE CAR DESIGNED BY THE FRENCH!!!

THE FRICKIN' FREEEEEENCH!!!!!!!

...no more energy drinks for me.

Oh my, sir.  I am sorry you took the bait, as that was simply a random thought not directed at anyone in pat tick uh larr.  :)

Well...the French...

The hockey team that was created for the French, but the French never took to them because they knew that it was a blatant cash grab when there were perfectly other Montreal based French hockey teams around and when the team's first hockey star was an Anglo by the name of Howie Morenz...to boot, the home arena was moved to the very Anglo Forum where the very Anglo Maroons played  and the only way that the French took to the team was when the team won a couple of those Stanley Cups...just won their first game of the season against a team that I actually hate more than that French oriented team in Montreal...

But this year is special...before ANYBODY says Im joining the Habs bandwagon...Im cheering for them...solely because my home team needs to bring back the Stanley Cup to my home city...my city needs this....just because we need to feel good about oursleves again...

We are about to dump millions of gallons of waste in the Ste. Lawrence River and even New York State is peeved at us...so...please...that is 1 victory closer to the the city's countless amount...but the Hab's 25th...

Its sweet that the Hab's 1st victory on their 1st game came at Toronto's expense...

Big game Saturday though...The Bruins are next!!!

Yup...fall has arrived...

NFL, NHL and MLB playoffs have started....I LOVE this time of year...not quite as much as I love summer...but close. and it only gets better...

Canadian Thanksgiving,  Halloween (not that I like Halloween per se, its all those wonderful autumn colours and the countdown to XMAS that I love)...American Thanksgiving and Macy's Parade, XMAS and New Year's...and then its all down hill!!! With the exemption of the Super Bowl...but then again...the Super Bowl as of late have been all duds...so...yeah...the down hill continues...

Until the NHL playoffs start...and THAT is when Summer is near again...because I hate Spring...I prefer the winter...

I HATE the month of March. Even though my birthday is in March...the only thing I love about the Spring is Greek Easter.  And Cabane A Sucre...Maple Syrup season.

Blues Vs. Oilers tonight to open our season!!

LGB!

GO BLUES!!!

The Jets are playing th Bruins tonight and I have no idea what the score is.

I came home late from work and to tell you the truth...Im not so hot on the Bruins this year. Im willing to bet that the Bruins are gonna lose tonight....an thegame n=must be almost over by now...like I said, I have no idea what the score is.

crying-gif-2_zps8078ab18.gif

That would be my aftershock reaction realizing that the Bruins are no longer  Big nor Bad....

Teddy Bears yup...Teddy Bears...

By golly though...they are MY Teddy Bears no matter what kind of season they have...

They are my Teddy Bears...I dont want them to be My Tigers....because Tigers are waaaaaay to ruff, I dont want them to be my Lions, because Lions are not the kind you love too much...

Ive got another one...

Life is too short and you cant take it with you...therefore

Money is made to be spent, food meant to be ate, wine meant to be drank and life is made to live, so enjoy it.

Just dont tell her we discussed this this way, because you might be spending the money all alone...and quite possibly, wont be able to be spending it 'cause you'll be giving it all to her in alimony cheques...so she'll be getting to spend it...not you!

Happy Wife, Happy Life.

Blues Vs. Oilers tonight to open our season!!

LGB!

GO BLUES!!!

The Jets are playing th Bruins tonight and I have no idea what the score is.

I came home late from work and to tell you the truth...Im not so hot on the Bruins this year. Im willing to bet that the Bruins are gonna lose tonight....an thegame n=must be almost over by now...like I said, I have no idea what the score is.

Blues notched their first victory of the season! The only goal "given up" was on a puck we won off a face off in our own zone, went to clear it, and it went off our own player's calf and went in. Elliot had NO CHANCE at stopping that.

I didn't see any of the Bruin's game but a 6-2 loss isn't a hot start. But there's plenty of time to correct things.

Edited by ccap41

Yeah, plenty of time. 81 games to be precise.

Problem is, in my opinion, is that the Bruins dont have the offensive depth, nor the defensive depth, heck, not even the goalie depth to make the playoffs. They dont even have enough cap space to correct all three areas. Maybe one area. But the Bruins are lacking in all three. And although its 1 game in, in an 82 game season and as early as beginning the of October, Im afraid come April, we will have witnessed many 6-2 blowouts...

Just realized GM put their 8spd in the Silverado before the ATS/CTS. Isn't this one if those things that should trickle down FROM Cadillac?

Ps. Thank you Drew for editing the above post!

Because the 8-speed was always meant to go into all vehicles that can handle it.  

Just realized GM put their 8spd in the Silverado before the ATS/CTS. Isn't this one if those things that should trickle down FROM Cadillac?

Because the 8-speed was always meant to go into all vehicles that can handle it.

Well yes, buuuuuut now the Cadillacs have a truck transmission instead of the trucks having a premium Cadillac transmission. I know WE know the difference but it's the same type of situation that Ford did with Sync3. Why would they introduce it in a Ford not a Lincoln?

Well yes, buuuuuut now the Cadillacs have a truck transmission instead of the trucks having a premium Cadillac transmission. I know WE know the difference but it's the same type of situation that Ford did with Sync3. Why would they introduce it in a Ford not a Lincoln?

I think the fact that it is one of the best automatic transmissions out there currently will smooth over that difficulty. 

I think the fact that it is one of the best automatic transmissions out there currently will smooth over that difficulty.

I understand that and that putting it in their trucks first will help amortize the cost sooner and everything but it just seemed a little backwards.

I can't wait will Ford catches up in this transmission game. Everything GM and Ram will have either 8 or 9spd transmissions by the time Ford gets their 9&10spds ready and GM will be utilizing them too.

I understand that and that putting it in their trucks first will help amortize the cost sooner and everything but it just seemed a little backwards.

I can't wait will Ford catches up in this transmission game. Everything GM and Ram will have either 8 or 9spd transmissions by the time Ford gets their 9&10spds ready and GM will be utilizing them too.

I don't think the amortization had anything to do with it.  The trucks were ready to go and the engine updates for Cadillac weren't.   You don't hold back on releasing the product to the trucks just so Cadillac can claim "First!". 

Yes, I understand what but going that route why wouldn't cadillac's drive lines have the priority to be updated and ready before the trucks because the trucks they went in weren't updated that year either. The 6.0 was redone for the '13 model year, right?

Different projects and different timelines.   The various V6es that came from Cadillac were supposed to be ready for the launch of the CT6, and they were originally supposed to go into that car first.   Cadillac is doing more rolling changes year to year, so they went with the new V6es in all of the RWD models instead of waiting around for the CT6 to launch. 

Probably belongs in the Phone thread, and it's not really a random thought, much more a persistent one:

Deciding on which phone to upgrade to in December (better deals maybe on some, and expected release of others). The choices, the choices.

Why can't Apple make a slightly fatter phone to house a bigger battery? I'd like it to crest to 2,000 Miliamp Hours. They argued so heavily in the past that a larger size was: "less compelling," yet introduced the Plus size. I really don't want a clumsy battery case. Otherwise, a strong contender. One of the smaller form factor in terms of screen size really helps. I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too. Maybe wait another year to maximize my return on a switch to Apple? [I've said that 3 years in a row, and now I'm disgusted at my patience]

As for Android: Sony Xperia Z5... when the hell are you coming to Canada? Rogers, please speed up the process. Samsung.... No. Just no. I just don't want another Samsung product, no matter how good to replace my Nexus S (by Samsung). It doesn't help that nothing from Samsung is pocket-able or that the Touch Wiz Ui bogs down the excellent hardware more than I'd like. And the Nexus phones are even less compelling, sure, pure Android, but again, the exchange rate dilemma, and the mindset of not wanting to buy a phone outright when I know I'm going on a contract. 

I like Motorola, they are great for the price, but the availability of the model I want, the Moto G w/ 16 GB storage and 2 GB ram isn't available here without importing it outright. I want a contract to subsidize the price though. Paying $400 plus import fees for the upgraded version makes no sense when I could go for the 64 GB 6s with the same plan and pay only $600 upfront.  

And Windows: I considered the 950. It had excellent specs on paper, and really what matters to me most. Best LTE along w/ Apple, awesome camera and virtually no way to end up with bloatware and the best battery life optimization. Then the over-priced pricing was released. Then all Canadian carriers laughed at the prospect of selling such a dead niche product with the current exchange rates. Thus, Microsoft's cellular phone future in Canada died. And I smiled and said good riddance to Microsoft. They just don't get it, they cannot make a profit on those phones anyways, and then they shoot themselves in the foot. It's a different world. I normally call for price parity of other products such as cars based on content and execution, but here Microsoft desperately needs to undercut Apple by more than even $500. Yup, that's how little prestige they carry.   

And I may live in the the good old United Provinces and Territories + Unique Quebec of Canada, but Research in Motion's subsidiary, Blackberry, is on the brink of failure. It doesn't help when the CEO doesn't have the tact to realize that telling people that the next product is everything the company has bet on will only fuel doubters. They're going to leave the hardware business if the Priv fails. Oh, and again, pricing. Our exchange rate sure sucks.

Just realized GM put their 8spd in the Silverado before the ATS/CTS. Isn't this one of those things that should trickle down FROM Cadillac?

The Escalade got an 8-speed at the same time as the Silvy. The CTS had an outsourced 8-speed at introduction in the 2014 V-Sport and 3.6L LFX V6 RWD models.

The 2016 ATS/CTS are getting a different light duty 8-speed that GM was still putting finishing touches on for the 2.0T and 3.6L LGX. They staggered the release rather than holding back models that were already complete.

Edited by cp-the-nerd