Random Thoughts Thread

TaurusSHO

Whenever I see a middle-aged man on a bicycle, I inevitably think "DUI".  Is that bad?

Or someone who likes fitness and exercise.  Esp. if they are spandex clad and out on a 105 degree day...

My assumption still stands...

Is it OCNBLU that is on that bike with spandex clad crappy pants out on a 105 degree day?

Could very well be DUI on OCNBLU's part...

• Agree 1

?  Your imagination runs wild, sir.  Spandex is not now and will never be in my closet.

I would like to own a cruiser with 3 or 5 speeds and knobby tires, if it exists.  I find 21 speeds redundant and needlessly complicated.

?  Your imagination runs wild, sir.  Spandex is not now and will never be in my closet.

I would like to own a cruiser with 3 or 5 speeds and knobby tires, if it exists.  I find 21 speeds redundant and needlessly complicated.

maybe you could use google to help you with the complications...

I did ride a 21spd mountain bike the 5 years I lived in Colorado Springs...best shape I was ever in...lots of dirt trail riding..alas, that was 15 years and 60 pounds ago.  Haven't ridden my bike in close to 10 years.   Too sedentary...

About the only exercise I get in the long hot summer here in the Valley of $h! is swimming in my pool....got to get back into morning and evening walks once fall gets here in a month or two...

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

Recently on vacation, I walked about 8 miles a day for over 2 weeks, according to my phone app, and it was great exercise, not to mention daily swimming. Practically zero impact, and the terrain was very hilly.  I shed about 5 lbs in that time and barely tried.  Better than running, IMO.  And, you get to actually see more scenery while talking with people, or on the phone, etc.

But nothing is as good as mountain biking.  Phenomenal exercise.

So who got a chance to see the lunar eclipse?

I really need a better camera, but nevertheless is was quite something.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Once the eclipse was mostly past the moon was so bright I was able to increase the shutter speed and got a couple clear shots of the moon.

web.jpg

web.jpg

My favorite of the eclipse photos, even if the quality isn't as good as I would have liked...I've certainly seen worse making rounds on the internet.

web.jpg

My friend who has a Canon 5D got some pretty incredible photos.

web.jpg

• Agree 2

About the only exercise I get in the long hot summer here in the Valley of $h! is swimming in my pool....got to get back into morning and evening walks once fall gets here in a month or two...

You must live in my neck of the woods (Phoenix). I'll be glad when it dips back into the 90's next week.

So, this place sure has gone downhill since my last visit. 

I just got the renewal notice for the domain name... .and for the first time ever... I hesitated.

That's what some people around here are making me feel about my own website. 

• Agree 1

I just got the renewal notice for the domain name... .and for the first time ever... I hesitated.

Yeah, but sometimes the traitors come from within.

The downfall of this website won't be caused by people like Bong, Ccap, Olds, Cp, and a myriad others, proven, reliable and the real deal when it comes to class.

My interaction with this website is sheer amusement. And balking at stupid rhetoric. Or petty entitlements. 

• Agree 3

You must live in my neck of the woods (Phoenix). I'll be glad when it dips back into the 90's next week.

Yeah, I live in Phoenix..moved here from Denver in '08.  Long story..don't like the climate and the desert, but the tech job market is solid, and lots of good restaurants around the valley...

Yeah, but sometimes the traitors come from within.

The downfall of this website won't be caused by people like Bong, Ccap, Olds, Cp, and a myriad others, proven, reliable and the real deal when it comes to class.

My interaction with this website is sheer amusement. And balking at stupid rhetoric. Or petty entitlements. 

Yeah, I live in Phoenix..moved here from Denver in '08.  Long story..don't like the climate and the desert, but the tech job market is solid, and lots of good restaurants around the valley...

I moved out here from NC back in 2007 (Prescott for the first five years and then to Peoria where I live now). Glad to be away from the humidity and while the desert heat can be a *****, it makes up for it from fall to spring. And yes, lots of good eating around here (looking at you Lolo's Chicken and Waffles)!

Edited by surreal1272

Let me guess... rusty brake lines.

Nah, thinking it is something with the ABS.  Had an ABS light on, went to stop and the pedal was stuck out and vibrating like ABS was activated, then the ABS light went out..  Did it to me twice, i honestly have no clue.

Let me guess... rusty brake lines.

Nah, thinking it is something with the ABS.  Had an ABS light on, went to stop and the pedal was stuck out and vibrating like ABS was activated, then the ABS light went out..  Did it to me twice, i honestly have no clue.

If it has been sitting for a period of time, moisture in the brake system can play with the ABS sensors and how the whole brakes respond. I would flush the whole brake system, check for rusty lines, make sure all calipers are working properly and not seizing up and check the sensors.

Ugh, a Prius?  Why do these exist?  They are the ultimate "anti-car"... no fun, no style (and about to get worse), no sex appeal... just a complete waste of steel, plastic and rubber.

post-37-0-02418900-1443979997_thumb.jpg

Edited by ocnblu

I came across one of the rare Nissan Murano Cabriolets. I parked at a restaurant last thursday when the gf and I went out to eat and I walked past "something I didn't recognize" and I stopped and looked at it, looked for a badge on the back because I was confused as all hell, saw nothing. Walked around front and sure as $h!.. it was a Murano Cabriolet! Odd vehicle...for sure.