My new car

Washed it, and started to take off the pinstripping. For a while it was going off pretty easy but then the later parts were getting pretty tough to peal off so I'll have to get back out there and take another stab at it. I love the tint on the sides and rear window, still not sure if I want to keep that strip accross the front.

Here's some pictures as it is now.

Posted Image

I almost laughed when I got my liscense plates

Posted Image

What do you guy's think of my center 'exhaust' :blink: (tow hitch, incase you can't see what I was refering to)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Something I need to take care of

That's if for now...

Edited by Decka

... although, the last three pics won't show up for me. :huh:

Finally, I get to use this:  :x:

Uploaded images to a new host.. they should work now.

I'd say if you don't need the window deflector, take it off. Looks out of place as if the chrome trim arond the window is incomplete, and doesn't cover up the door well.

While I agree with you on how the deflector takes away from the chrome strip, I actually have them for their sole purpose rather than looks. I always leave my windows slightly cracked open without having to worry about rain and $h! getting in my car.. though they don't really help from snow, but then it's mainly during the summer that I really need the ventilation in the car.

Thanks for the comments though.

Tonight I had gone to Wally World to get some generic black liscense plate frames but they wanted $6 each so I'll try Advanced Auto tomorrow, but I walked out of Walmart with a set of Silverstars

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Decka

very nice car decka....i've always like the aleros a ton. id say ditch the ventvisors on the side though....but thats just me. i've never really been a big fan. plus, I LOVE the silverstars. I have em in both the suburban and the impala. They are a little spendy but are WELL worth it. They look hot and you can see a ton more than to can with regular bulbs.

Decka, the best time to remove your tape stripes is late on a hot, sunny afternoon. Heat softens them up considerably. Or you could use a hair dryer. Don't force them off, you might hurt your paint. Heat them up first.

Yeah yesterday i took a hair dryer to the pinstriping and got all that off.. the molding, I got the driver's side off asside a little tape residue. Today I'm going to get the remaining tape residue and the passenger's side molding and take another stab at the driver's side window's rubber stripping.

yeah.. I definately perfer silverstars over anyother halogen bulb.. HIDs may be in the future if I'm able to retrofit some projectors.

Edited by Decka

Are your bulbs Sylvania Silverstars? It might be kind of late for this but I'd be wary of them. I've read they are pretty low-quality bulbs and fail kind of quickly.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=954736

i've had silverstar highs and lows in my impala for over a year and a half. The silverstars i have my suburban are over 2 years old now. I put them in my old suburban and moved them over to the new one when i traded. Both sets still work great. that is pretty good IMO.

i've had silverstar highs and lows in my impala for over a year and a half.  The silverstars i have my suburban are over 2 years old now.  I put them in my old suburban and moved them over to the new one when i traded.  Both sets still work great. that is pretty good IMO.

I just have them in my low beams for now.. my Achieva had them in the low/high beam for over two years (till it got totaled) and I had no problems with them.

Some more pics with no pin striping...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm having a hell of a time trying to get rid of the tape residue of the drivers side molding, once I get that off, I'll do the passenger's side.

Decka, great choice for a replacement to your Achieva. I've always liked the Alero in coupe form the best. I think the rear side window design is a nice nod to the Olds Cutlass' of the late 1960s. How many miles are on it? Did you find it locally? Best of luck with it and keep us informed of your ownership experience.

Awsome! Congrats buddy, it's a natrual choice for you. :)

Funny thing is this morning we went to an Oldsmobile sshow

at an ex-Olds dealership in the hometown of Billy Squire.

There was dozens of gorgeous cars there from 1936 all the

way to a 2dr Alero like yours... but this one was ONE of a

kind. Actually it was by far the coolest Alero in the world IMO.

I'll post photos tomorrow, you have to see this to beleive it! :)

Any interior pictures?

I guess I missed to post this one.. I could have sworn that I posted this.

Posted Image

hey so whatever happened to your old wheels youd just purchase? are they still in one peice? did you sell them? does the bolt pattern fit on the new alero?  those rims would be hot on this car

I still have the rims and the bolt patern on those are 5x100 where as the 99+ N-Bodies use the 5x115 bolt patern from w-bodies so my past rims won't fit and I'm selling them.. they have about 50% tred on the tires and have only been driven in the summer with no snow (with the exception of maybe 2-3 days). I'd like to get $500 out of them and I keep hearing from some of my friend that they "may" know someone who "might" be interested but so far noone's really definate in buying them. I'm open to offers to those interested, but I'd rather not ship them so pickup is prefered.

As for the Alero, I'd like to get rims but this time I'm going to do a struts/springs first to get rid of the 4x4 look and a nice controlled ride. Besides, I think the stock wheels don't look to bad as is (compared to the ugly hubcaps my Achieva had) . so I'm not in any hurry to replace those.

Sixty8.. Please post pics when you can.. I'm pretty interested in this Alero you saw.

Thanks for the comment everyone!

Well how about I just post it since Sixty8's dragging his feet and I'm the one who took him to the all-Olds show in my beat up '77 Cutlass Supreme sedan....

Posted Image

What do you get when you plop a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero coupe on an S10 pickup truck frame with the L98 350 Tuned Port out of an 80's Camaro? The only Alero that matters! Even cooler was the fact that it was driven in by the gentleman in his late 60's that built it. I hope General Motors is taking notes on this one! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: