Dodge Avenger Spyshots

Intrepidation

Dodge engineers have begun testing their four-door spin-off of the next Chrysler Sebring. Whether it will be called Stratus or Avenger is a subject of speculation, but there is no doubt that it takes its design inspiration from the Dodge Charger. Although the resemblance to its Sebring platform-mate is clear, the Dodge gets a distinct front fascia, a unique C-pillar design and - judging from the camouflage on the rear fender and door - a Charger-style rear fender arch. The prototype's taillights are also finished almost identically to those on the Charger.

When viewed in profile, the new Dodge has a more formal rear window slope compared to the Sebring, which features a fastback design. The result is a flatter, longer-looking trunk lid on the Dodge, which almost looks as if it has been lengthened a bit. It's more likely that it's an optical illusion and not a dimensional shift, but we can't be sure from this first sighting.

Prototypes for the next Sebring have been regulars on the testing circuit for about the past eight months. It seems logical to assume that since this prototype for the Dodge version has just appeared, it's likely to reach showrooms at least six months after the new Sebring goes on sale.

Link: http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enthusiast...178.A10327.html

Posted Image

Posted Image

Look closely at the tail lights and you'll see they look just like the tail lights of the sneak peak we saw of the Avenger from the Geneva video clip! Sweet! I also like how it looks as though the Sebring and Avenger will look more differenciated than in the past.

Edited by Dodgefan

I hope to see a 2 door Avenger produced.  From what I can tell, this car looks substantial, with its 5 lug wheels and mini-Charger looks.

Well, the first one they had never sold and the second one (when it became the Stratus) really never sold, so don't bet on it.

In truth, these vehicles (Sebring/Avenger) seem to have been in development for so long, especially after some early delays, I sure hope they're damned perfect...and not even the least bit out of date like a lot of GM's end up. Then again, it is Chrysler, and that's been a really good thing to be lately :thumbsup:

ive seen some disturbing photos labeled "dodge avenger" that involved a roofline that continued all the way to the rear... and a trunk that included the rear glass... i was highly disturbed by these photos and am praying to god that the real avenger looks like the one in these spy photos... and not the strange cross of an M80 and a caliber that i saw...

this is from edmunds...

Posted Image

and this is from canadian driver

Posted Image

:yuck::spit::banghead::puke:

ive seen some disturbing photos labeled "dodge avenger" that involved a roofline that continued all the way to the rear... and a trunk that included the rear glass... i was highly disturbed by these photos and am praying to god that the real avenger looks like the one in these spy photos... and not the strange cross of an M80 and a caliber that i saw...

this is from edmunds...

Posted Image

and this is from canadian driver

Posted Image

:yuck:  :spit:  :banghead:  :puke:

dude, that concept is like 3 years old, the new avenger will not look like that. >.>

Edited by Dodgefan

good... i wouldve hated DCX forever if they made it look like that

its so weird looking(the concept) but they should bring back those mirrors on the original stratus/breeze/cirrus..i love having them

I thought I was the only one that enjoyed having those slender twin-spoked mirrors.

Hey Raven, ever notice that when Pontiac face-lifted the Grand Am, it got twin-spoke mirrors? And how long has Porche's 911 had twin spokes?