Spied! 2014 GM Half-Tons Caught Testing

Source: http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2012/04/spied-2014-gm-half-tons-caught-testing.html#more

Spied! 2014 GM Half-Tons Caught Testing

Posted by Mark Williams | May 2, 2012

Our ever-vigilant spy photographers are still on the prowl for any shots they can get of the new GM pickup trucks that, from what we're hearing, are scheduled to go on sale sometime in 2013 as 2014 models.

These shots seem to indicate that all sorts of models will be ready to debut when the curtain opens. Towing mirrors on a regular cab short bed is an interesting combination and makes us think they're collecting a lot of towing data in relation to a new engine and transmission combination. Eight-speed models have been floating around the rumor mill and would make sense with both a new V-8 and V-6 option, as we've seen from Ram.

Likewise, there seems to be something interesting going on in the front skid plate area that we can't quite make out. We'll just have to wait and see. But if you happen to be out on the road and you see a well-camouflaged pickup truck rolling down the road, feel free to pull out your camera phone and send us a peek.

*Click link above to see pictures.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I know that is the GMC Sierra under that camo. I can tell by the rims, which are classier than the ones shown on the Chvey Silverado extended & crew cabs from earlier postings.

I can't wait for these trucks to be revealed to the public!! If things go right the next couple of years, a regular cab model (or if things financially go really right, a crew cab) will be gracing my driveway :smilewide:

Nice capture, Mr. Doane :AH-HA:

I hope there's not an evil, political pricing agenda on these trucks to discourage Americans from driving what they want by jacking the MSRP up to, say, 5 million doll hairs. I will go OFF.

I hope there's not an evil, political pricing agenda on these trucks to discourage Americans from driving what they want by jacking the MSRP up to, say, 5 million doll hairs. I will go OFF.

Yeeea....because GM *wants* to lose money on their trucks... :huh:

will this have the DI v8 like the corvette?

assuming a 3.6L will be the v6, right?

The Gen V V8 will be in there, yea.

Which V6 it will get is still a little uncertain. Some sources indicate it might actually launch with the ancient 4.3L V6. Others think the 3.6L will go in. There's also the matter of the 3.0L turbo V6 currently being worked on. Though most seem to think the 3.0L T won't be ready in time for launch.

Yeeea....because GM *wants* to lose money on their trucks... :huh:

will this have the DI v8 like the corvette?

assuming a 3.6L will be the v6, right?

The Gen V V8 will be in there, yea.

Which V6 it will get is still a little uncertain. Some sources indicate it might actually launch with the ancient 4.3L V6. Others think the 3.6L will go in. There's also the matter of the 3.0L turbo V6 currently being worked on. Though most seem to think the 3.0L T won't be ready in time for launch.

That is what I have pretty much have heard. The V8 will be the DI and the V6 will be the 3.6 with the Turbo coming later.

I have heard the EcoBoost 150 sales not only suprised Ford but GM too.

Depending how the elections go left I suspect GM will use the 1/2 ton and push the V6 and V6 turbo. Then they will push a light 3/4 ton to catch the breaks the heavier trucks will get in MPG. Now if the elections go a lilttle righ I see them getting the breaks they need to keep a V8 in the 1/2 tone a little more easier. At this point I don't think GM really knows which way they will go after 2017 right now. THey want the goverment to review where they will be then but the present energy people do not want to talk to them. If there are new people in there that could change.

Either way we will still have large trucks. Too much money to be made or lost here.

I know that is the GMC Sierra under that camo.

No, it's a Chevy.

Possibly a Silverado Sport. Not an SS, but something to go against the R/T or FX2.

Darn, I was wrong. Have you spotted any GMCs yet? I know a lot of the pictures floating around the 'Net are of the Chevy.

The regular cab shortbed LIVES!!! :wub:

I wasn't too worried the past month or two since I found this information online:

2014 GM Full-Size Pickup and SUV Production Start Dates

2014 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab (K2CC) – April 29, 2013

2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab (K2CG) – April 29, 2013

2014 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab (K2EC) – July 15, 2013

2014 GMC Sierra Extended Cab (K2EG) – July 15, 2013

2014 Chevrolet Silverado Regular Cab (K2RC) – August 5, 2013

2014 GMC Sierra Regular Cab (K2RG) – August 5, 2013

2014 Chevrolet Tahoe (K2UC) – October 21, 2013

2014 GMC Yukon (K2UG) – October 21, 2013

2014 Chevrolet Suburban (K2YC) – October 21, 2013

2014 GMC Yukon XL (K2YG) – October 21, 2013

2014 Cadillac Escalade (K2XL) – January 27, 2014 (body styles not defined)

Now last year I was starting to wonder if the regular cab model would survive with the 2014 redesign. Glad to see that it wasn't on the chopping block, as that's likely the model I will get in '15 or '16 (unless some financial windfall occurs in the next couple of years and I can get away with a crew cab). I've always wanted and regular cab pickup anyway :smilewide: