Cadillac ATS Pricing?

CreativeVision

When is GM going to release pricing details and a configurator for the ATS. Wasn't it due in showrooms this summer...seems they should be announcing something by now before the public forgets about it. We already got info on the XTS, although I don't recall the timing of those in showrooms in comparison. I'm anxiously awaiting to see if I can afford an ATS with AWD.

I expect GM to keep the price to be just under the 3 and 5 with the new ATS and CTS.

Also I expect the base ATS 4 to be less than any CTS but the price will climb up to higher levels once the options are added. I look for a wide price range on this one from ATS 2.5 to ATSv

I expect the base MSRP to be low... like very close to $30K. The 2.5L can compete against vehicles like TSX, while the 2.0T goes head to head with 328i and A4.

I don't consider 30K to be low, but this is a Cadillac so I completely understand. Was hoping for a base around 26K, with an AWD starting around 29K-30K. I figured all gussied up it would top out around 34K-35K. This one might be a bit out of reach for me.

The most basic 3-series sedan starts at $34,900, so I would think that would be target, maybe undercutting it a bit. $26k is Chevy or Buick FWD territory, can't see the ATS going that low.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

A Lincoln MKZ is 34,755. Surely an ATS should cost as much as a luxury trim Fusion. I think $34,000 is a reasonable starting point for an ATS, around $40,000 for a V6. Although that 2.5 engine is bad, that might get the car cheaper. But if it is meant to take on the 3-series, it should have 3-series pricing.

• Agree 1

Yeah, now that I understand the competition pricing, I don't know what I was thinking for figures. Does make more sense to be in the ranges you all have stated versus my delusional dreams. Oh well, guess I have to keep looking for my next ride elsewhere. Champagne dreams on a beer budget. :banghead:

i would hope the ATS and Regal prices are not too similar.

There's about a $3,300 dollar price difference between the base Cadillac ATS and the base Buick Regal. The top-drawer ATS will undoubtedly top out a price much higher than the Regal GS too. You also have to consider that someone checking out a BMW 3-Series will probably never set foot into a Buick showroom. The ATS, although still unproven, does stand something of a chance of stealing a passing glance or two away from someone playing hoochie-coo with a Beamer.

Will there be that one buyer who didn't feel like ponying up the extra dough for the ATS, found what he wanted in the Regal, and wound up buying the Buick over the Cadillac? Sure. It isn't entirely impossible. Sometimes people do tend to cross shop a bit sporadically. I don't think, however, that will amount outright cannibalization at all.

A Lincoln MKZ is 34,755. Surely an ATS should cost as much as a luxury trim Fusion. I think $34,000 is a reasonable starting point for an ATS, around $40,000 for a V6. Although that 2.5 engine is bad, that might get the car cheaper. But if it is meant to take on the 3-series, it should have 3-series pricing.

Boy, oh boy. Where do I start with this mess? I just ... wow. I hate to be an ass, but do you even read what you write sometimes?

Any idiot can tell that Cadillac is probably going to undercut the BMW the first year or two its on sale and raise the price subtly as the model gains traction in the marketplace. By the time the second-generation ATS debuts, I'd say its more than likely it could wind up costing near the same price as the 3-Series.

Edited by black-knight

They will offer an entry ATS and while it will be nice it will be pretty basic. I see this intro model to get people to look but the normal price will be much closer to $40K by the time you get the better bits like a Turbo 4 etc. The ATS V will be closer to $50K.

The price of this car will cover a large area.

The Base car will be more for marketing vs sales as we will see few people buy the base car. It will be available if you want one but most buyers will be spending more.

>>"...we will see few people buy the base car. It will be available if you want one but most buyers will be spending more. "<<

just like every single other vehicle on the market, in other words.

Not so much in the higher level cars but in the entry level cars yes!

The ATS is the gateway car to to win the general public. BMW, Benz and most other Luxury MFG offer a base car that is offered but seldom sold.

Cadillac did this with the CTS originally and few people bought it. You need a car that has the marketing price to get the people in and then you show them the goods in the car that they can get for only $95 more a month.

We will not see this pricing with the flagship car and I would supect the next CTS will also not offer a ultra low price base model.

The mid range trim BMW and Mercs seem to be the most common. Then again, a lot of 3-series are sold with vinyl seats.

I have see many of the cheap 3 series and Benz that sell to wantabe owners who can't afford the full package. These are the seekers of image that just do not have the funds to provide leather. Besides how many times I remember the old 190 Benz advertised for the low $30K range that I would still choose a loaded GM car over at the same price.

I had a buddy a while back who for a daily driver chose a vinyal seat hatch 3 series. You may remember the one with no back end. I called it the half ass BMW and we made fun of it all the time. But his other car was a Viper and he was still in collage so he deserved it. LOL!

SMK, you've driven the 2.5 liter ATS? Can you share your impressions of it? The numbers are class competitive with the other base engines out there, so I'm curious what the issue is.

Torque.

328i: 260 lb-ft @ 1250 rpm

A4: 258 lb-ft @ 1500 rpm

C250: 229 lb-ft @ 2200 RPM (and that is weak engine for the class)

ATS: 190 lb-ft @ 4400 RPM

ATS also has 6 gears, while BMW and Audi have 8. 328i and A4 2.0T both do 0-60 in 5.6 seconds so that should be the target for a base model ATS, and 34 mpg.

The 318 hatch is a decent little runabout as long as you're not expecting to win any races. Better than driving a Civic...

To be honest it was under powered, it had a crappy interior and was over priced for what you got.

I think after he got it he was disapointed in it. Lots of quality issues and not cheap to repair.

The new 2.5 should be pretty good for enticing new customers.... ecotecs in general are zippy, and the ATS is light. I envision 15% of ATS to be the base motor. Trans tuning will be the key. If it's tuned for aggressive tip in and lauch feel, it should impress those shopping in the low thirties, which is all it needs to do. Cadillac's key will be a cheap intro lease on the ATS. Keep it closer to 300.... if someone wants whiz bang, then the turbo and six are there.

On the whole, a base 2.5 ATS will be a far more refined and enjoyable car than the turd 3.6 G8....if all you want is a rear drive GM car.

The best value on the ATS will be a turbo RWD with few options. The price will be palatable and the performance will satisfy, not just be sufficient for the status seekers.

I see nothing wrong with GM hitting 30K for a base level ATS. With all the kids in the seattle area driving base BMW or MB, this will be just right for a parent to shell out 30K for a car for their HighSchool Rug rat brat. :P

Mid 30's for a turbo 4 and then 40 for the v6 sounds about right. I cannot see the ATS hitting 50K unless it is a ATS-V edition.

I see nothing wrong with GM hitting 30K for a base level ATS. With all the kids in the seattle area driving base BMW or MB, this will be just right for a parent to shell out 30K for a car for their HighSchool Rug rat brat. :P

Mid 30's for a turbo 4 and then 40 for the v6 sounds about right. I cannot see the ATS hitting 50K unless it is a ATS-V edition.

A BMW 328i can cross $50,000 with all the toys. Although I think that is too much for a 4-banger, I can easily see a V6 ATS hitting $50k, since a C350 or Audi S4 can, and a V6 CTS does as well.

The Turbo will be priced over the Buick GS.

To be honest the Trubo loaded up may be pretty close to the V6 price. I see the Turbo getting the more sporting parts and the Vs being more luxury. Thst is till the the V6 V series comes along.

To be honest the Trubo loaded up may be pretty close to the V6 price. I see the Turbo getting the more sporting parts and the Vs being more luxury. Thst is till the the V6 V series comes along.

Have to disagree with you, the V series should always be luxury Performance, no just Luxury. Otherwise you dilute the Brand. People think of V as performance with a touch of Luxury and that is where it should stay be it having a Turbo 4 or Turbo v6

Have to disagree with you, the V series should always be luxury Performance, no just Luxury. Otherwise you dilute the Brand. People think of V as performance with a touch of Luxury and that is where it should stay be it having a Turbo 4 or Turbo v6

Agreed... for non-performance luxury, Cadillac has the 'Platinum' name it can use. 'V-series' is akin to 'M' or 'AMG'--serious performance w/ luxury.

I am sorry I was not awake whe I typed this.

I should have stated the V should be more Luxury and sports. In my mind the V should be the car that is no options and the full load of features performance and luxury. The Turbo can be performance and ala cart luxury. The V6 can be more Luxury and ala cart Performance.

I hope this clears up my intentions now that I am awake. LOL!

I am sorry I was not awake whe I typed this.

I should have stated the V should be more Luxury and sports. In my mind the V should be the car that is no options and the full load of features performance and luxury. The Turbo can be performance and ala cart luxury. The V6 can be more Luxury and ala cart Performance.

I hope this clears up my intentions now that I am awake. LOL!

:tipsy: Drink that Energy Drink! ;)