Cheers or Jeers: 6,000 Mile 1979 Cadillac DeVille Phaeton

6 members have voted

1. 1. Cheers or Jeers?

• Cheers! Well preserved!
    • Jeers! Too much money for too insignificant a car.

Available to purchase is perhaps the most original, lowest milage Phaetons in the country with only 6,732 original miles. This Cadillac was purchased brand new in Rhode Island with the intent to store and preserve. It has been garaged and pampered under a car cover its entire life. The original floor mats were covered in plastic for 32 years. Only 1,832 custom Phaetons were built in 1979. They were available in three color combinations and came in both two and four door models. The 1979 models were the last to be equipped with 425 c.i.d., 7.0 liter V-8, and the first year to feature a digital radio/clock, overhead map lights, and pleasant-sounding reminder chimes. The special edition package included the convertible-like fabric top, leather seating, leather wrapped steering wheel, lock-on wire wheel covers, brushed chrome coach lamps, and Phaeton script on the rear quarter panels. Every inch of this car, inside and out reflect its milage and concours condition. 100% original inside and out, including the luster Firemist Western Saddle lacquer paint with the exception of a professionally matched repaint of the original rear extensions due to slight fading from time. The chrome and stainless steel moldings have a mirror-like shine finish. Every option and power accessory work as should, including the antenna and luminescent coach pillar lights. The 425 cu. inch drive train starts and runs like the day it left the showroom floor. Under the hood and undercarriage are clean and dry, still showing all factory markings and tags. This rare and unique Cadillac comes with heavy records and documentation going back to 79' including original license plates, window sticker, dealer paperwork, and brochures.

$%28KGrHqVHJBEE9prF2DpMBPeLOF,5Bw~~60_4.JPG

$%28KGrHqFHJBUE9p8TD!fVBPeLO5gytQ~~60_4.JPG

$%28KGrHqVHJEYE92!YmIgoBPeLQLF4bQ~~60_4.JPG

$%28KGrHqJHJCIE93WLseGVBPeLPRiW9!~~60_4.JPG

$%28KGrHqZHJCoE9rUqLt14BPeLP5Wb3!~~60_4.JPG

Sharp Caddy. As a teenager, my neighbors in S. Florida had a gorgeous red w/ white top and white and red interior '77 Coupe de Ville..rode in it a few times..big cushy boat.,

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

There were a bunch of 'icky' colors in the 70s, but the same applies to many decades, except for the '90s-now because they're all so bland.

I have period Cadillac ads where a car is pastel yellow, and another pastel green. Blorf.

But I like that copper color ("Saddle Firemist"); it's butch. ;)

But I like that copper color ("Saddle Firemist")

Me, too. I'd take this for a summer daily driver no question.

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic

CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

* rNw-CC+event: http://rdwhl-capriceclassic.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=whatsgoingon *

"A long white line stretching out on the road ahead" __ Vince Gill __ 'The Radio'