Hey Roger

The 93 Yukon is sure sweet and would be a great project to clean up and make very Cherry! :)

I agree 100%. Sent an email to the seller yesterday but no reply yet. I have plans tonight that I cannot change, so I'm hoping this Yukon is still around tomorrow evening. I realized today looking at the picture of it on my monitor that it is two-tone dark blue and silver. Dark blue is my favorite color, and I've always loved how the GMT-400 trucks & SUVs looked with the deluxe two-tone paint option with the silver color. Is this a sign of fate? :scratchchin:

The 93 Yukon is sure sweet and would be a great project to clean up and make very Cherry! :)

I agree 100%. Sent an email to the seller yesterday but no reply yet. I have plans tonight that I cannot change, so I'm hoping this Yukon is still around tomorrow evening. I realized today looking at the picture of it on my monitor that it is two-tone dark blue and silver. Dark blue is my favorite color, and I've always loved how the GMT-400 trucks & SUVs looked with the deluxe two-tone paint option with the silver color. Is this a sign of fate? :scratchchin:

Rock On :metal:

I have a 94 GMC suburban SLE that is Teal and it just still looks awesome. Not a fan of the current Yukon body style, but I have to say that the 90's era SUV's age very well and seem to just keep looking better. You can see it in my pictures under my profile.

I think this is Fate and it will still be there for you tomorrow. Good Luck with the project.

Edited by dfelt

First, I'll post the pictures I took of the '93 Yukon tonight:

EXTERIOR:

Grille/Bumper/Hood (grille chrome is starting to wrinkle)

IMG_2696.jpg

IMG_2697.jpg

IMG_2677.jpg

Paint on hood is peeling off

IMG_2678.jpg

Paint on roof is peeling and surface rust is starting to develop

IMG_2679.jpg

Rust starting to develop in front of the rear wheel on driver's side

IMG_2680.jpg

Shot inside of the driver's rear wheel well

IMG_2681.jpg

IMG_2682.jpg

Ahhhh - stickers and missing emblem (holes expessed to the elements)

IMG_2683.jpg

Very rusty trailer hitch, but rest looks decent

IMG_2686.jpg

IMG_2684.jpg

Rust developing around rear wheel well

IMG_2688.jpg

Rust developing in front of passenger rear wheel

IMG_2689.jpg

Notice the crooked front bumper ("no accidents", well at least not reported accidents!)

IMG_2690.jpg

IMG_2691.jpg

Detail of bumper & panel filler

IMG_2692.jpg

IMG_2695.jpg

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

So my thoughts now that I've posted the pictures...

Interior is disgusting... maybe a thorough cleaning may help, but the driver's seat frame is obviously broken as the seat is crooked, panel missing on dash, stains galore, very dirty. Rear cargo area is in need of new everything - the plastic panels are damaged or stained. Headliner looked like it was not sagging, but seeing as how clean everything else was not a replacement would be needed (seat coverings, carpet too).

Exterior surprisingly is in very decent shape for being 19 years old. Complete stripping of the paint is needed and body checked for any imperfections or evidence of prior repair. Windshield would need to be replaced, as the edges have bubbles forming and weatherstipping is dried out. Frame from what I could see seemed decent, but of course I didn't go underneath the vehicle to check/confirm. Doors may be in need of hinge cleaning and spray, otherwise the driver's door was sticking and I'd have to check out the hinges (didn't open the passenger door). Rust developing in the same place on both sides - in front of the rear wheels - would need to be cut and new patch panels welded in.

Drivetrain - couldn't start up or drive as the seller conveniently had the battery out. He claims it starts up and runs, but told me a replacement engine would need to be put in because he doesn't trust the one in there. Said he had it running the other day, but rough. Advised to tow back home if I were to purchase it. Also conveniently parked on borrowed land - his lot is across the street and he said there's no room for it - but the overall condition told me that he wasn't willing to keep it a running truck on his regular lot (the other vehicles on this borrowed land included cars that were dropped off by the local towing company - all accident victims.

Overall, I think this truck is a perfect candidate for someone looking to do a complete frame-off restoration - but not for me. It seemed to have all its factory options there and the body appeared to be the best thing about it. Seller won't budge from the $1,200 selling price, saying that if he took the time to drop a new engine in it he could sell it for 3x that amount - but doesn't want to invest time and money into it. Some of his story didn't settle with me - he said he bought it from an auction sight unseen and had it delivered to him - but who would buy something the needs an investment to make it sale worthy? I think he gets a lot of his vehicles from the local towing company and flips them for a profit - all of the vehicles on the lot across the street are in need of work to make road worthy.

If I had the storage space to keep a non-running vehicle in, the extra cash to do this resto right (body off frame), and the skills to do some of the work myself I might be more confident in purchasing this Yukon. As it currently sits, this is not the truck for me.

One word in summation - DISAPPOINTED (but I know. someone will comment, "What did you expect for $1,200 bucks?).

Camino, if you want to check out that '92 near you that you started this topic off with, I'm all ears!!

No way!

I'm going to be the one collecting those millions! :lol:

These 2-doors commonly have the rust in front of the rear wheels, but the one you posted is about to break out in rust all over.

That, and the bad engine/rough interior really make it a big project.

The '92 has some of that rust (at least on one side), but I've seen it on the road as recently as a few weeks ago. It's rough, but a bit more honestly rough than the '93.

I'm so glad that my Tahoe shows none of that rust so far!

Edited by Camino LS6