MARCH 2012 CAR SPOTTERS THREAD

ocnblu

I'm also putting Liberty Buick of Glendale AZ on notice this week. I'm in Arizona 4-5 weeks out of the year and I see enough of these fogey edition cars with the vogue tires and cloth/riveted faux cabrio tops. Now they're polluting my country with them too? Unacceptable.

That's bad. Really, really, really bad. Like the Lincoln MKS running around my parent's in Delaware that's dark maroon with a tan "riveted" top, and oh yeah, a trunk metal "luggage rack" like the old days.

I sold a new 2012 Acura RL to a customer last month who was coming out of a 2001 Lincoln Continental with a cloth top. She put all of 39k miles in 11 years on the Continental. Wanted a cloth top and chrome wheel well moldings. Luckily after discussion and honestly them not making such items for the car, we decided on simply 2 chrome Acura A's on the C-pillars. Cloth tops...should expire away entirely.

New crystal red 2013 Malibu Eco with PA Disabled tags parked outside Costco. Then as I turned the corner a 2011 current/last gen Malibu LT 4-cyl in the same color, parked nose to nose with it. The 2013 looked great in person.

Edited by caddycruiser

Noticed another 2012 Jeep Patriot white today on the way into work.

Funny how once your son buys one you tend to notice the auto more in your surroundings. :P

Edited by dfelt

On the drive in to work yesterday, coming off of Route 295 North onto Route 1 North, a gold colored '87 Oldsmobile Cutlass Salon with Delaware tags in pristine-looking condition. Last night attended a county fire police meeting and saw my Lieutenant's new (leftover) 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 2WD Crew Cab in White Diamond Tricoat (he replaced his '09 Colorado 2WD Crew Cab). A lot of the members at my firehouse drive Fords, as is our Traffic Unit truck ('06 F-350 4WD Crew Cab), so I was worried they were going to convert him over. He's been a Chevy man for years and was only too happy to stay with the General this time.

In my complex, someone has a silver WRX sedan. Last generation, I believe.

I normally wouldn't mention it, but with the sea of Camcords and Corollivics that populate this place, a fast Subie stands out.

So strange. Perpendicular to me at a red light, what I thought was a gray last gen Lexus GS...with a very strange front bumper that looked damage. 3 looks later and again confusion, I finally realized it was a new 2013 with the fang/angled new front end. High ride height. Old look. Strange. But definitely a 2013.

In other words, a Lexus.