I accidentally

ocnblu

Wanted to get out of the house as it's been a boring weekend. Drove south a few miles toward Conestoga, PA, and sawr a sign for "Shenk's Mill Wildflower Preserve". Not really familiar with the area even though it's like 6 miles south of my house.

Suddenly, the blacktop ended and the road turned to gravel with some decent washouts and steep down- and uphill approach and departures. I turned around at a railroad track and took a different route. It was like I dropped off the face of the earth. I lowered the window to listen for the sound of banjos...

Little Patriot pulled through well. I got a little mud on 'im. It turned out to be a fun excursion.

• Agree 1

Cool...I haven't done any off-pavement driving in ages. I remember thrashing my Jeep around dirt and gravel trails in the Colorado high country about a week after I bought it..got into mud, tree branches, rocks, etc...

he is making fun of me being vegitarian for a week.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, Here I thought he was making a referance to eating up the vegi's on the trail. :P

Nothing wrong with doing the vegi thing for a week or two. Great way to clean yourself out. :P

Just teasin' Drewbert. Anyhoo, now that I know where this place is, I'll be checking it out periodically. Makes me enjoy my vehicle even more to explore its capabilities (modest as they may be compared to a Wrangler, but ahead of others in its class. A Terrain would have busted the bumper off the front of it, it's like 3 inches off the street at its lowest point! ;) )

All this talk of Jeeps and off-roading quite upsets me.

I never had the chance to really enjoy my Cherokee. In hindsight, I could kick my own ass for selling it. If I had just thought ahead, I would've seen that I would've been able to have it completely roadworthy this month.

Oh well, foresight is never 20/20.

I'm wonder if a reunion is a possibility, though? I know the guy I sold it to put a low-mileage 4.0 in it recently.

Edited by black-knight

Sounds like a great trip, ocn ... but ... did you take any pics?

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic

CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"The rhythm of the rails is all they feel" __ Steve Goodman __ 'City Of New Orleans'

Oh noez!!! you got mud on a jeep!?!

That will buff right out!

Yes a Pair of 160 decible train horns would be cool on it. I have them on my Suburban and the freak people out due to how loud they are :P

I need those for my Miata...that would really freak people out!