Cheers or Jeers: 60,000 Mile 1976 GMC Sierra

wildmanjoe

Cheers or Jeers: 60,000 1976 GMC Sierra  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Cheers or Jeers?

• Cheers! Well preserved and worth the price.
    • Jeers! Avacado green needs to stay in the 1970's.

Cheers or Jeers: 60,000 Mile 1976 GMC Sierra

THIS CALIFORNIA SURVIVOR 1976 GMC SIERA CLASSIC WAS A GARAGE KEPTED TRUCK AND WAS BOUGHT FROM THE SECOND OWNER IN SACRAMENTO CALIFORNIA. THIS TRUCK WAS BUILT IN FREMONT CALIFORNIA. THIS TRUCK IS LOADED WITH OPTIONS FROM THE FACTORY SUCH AS, FACTORY DUAL GAS TANKS, BODY SIDE MOLDINGS UPPER AND LOWER, TILT WHEEL, FRONT AND REAR CHROME BUMPERS, TINTED GLASS, AIR CONDITIONING, 400 V8 MOTOR, 400 TURBO HYDRA-MATIC,, POWER STEERING, POWER DISC BRAKES, AM/FM PUSH BUTTON RADIO, MEDIUM GREEN AND WHITE PAINT.

THE BODY AND PAINT- The body on this truck is in over all outstanding condition with factory floor pans that are super solid with no rust at all they have never been patched or tampered with. The kick panels are also solid and original to the truck. The original tunnel and fire wall is in outstanding condition and has not been cut up or beat on. The bed sides panels are original to the truck and are in outstanding condition with out dents or waves. Both the original doors are super solid and are rust free and are also in outstanding condition they are not dented or wavy. Both the original front fenders are in great condition and are rust free accept small bubbles on the passanger side down low see in the picture theyare not dented or wavy. The original inner and outer rocker panels are not rusted out or full of body filler and will not need to be cut off or replaced they are in excellent condition. The roof and rain gutters are also in excellent condition. The windshield pillars and upper windshield area both out side and inside are rust free and are in excellent condition. The hood is in great condition. This truck has all its original GM panels and this truck is free of body fillers. In the bed of this truck is super clean and is not beat up and it will blow your mind how nice it is. The top of the bedrails are also in outstanding condition. The factory color is medium green and white and the paint on this truck is in good condition over all.

THE INTERIOR- The inside of this truck is mostly stock and is in good condition for its age. The carpet is starting to show its age and is almost due to be replaced. The dash pad is original and is starting to crack but is not blown up. The headliner is in super condition. The door panels are also in good condition for being original to the truck. The felts and rubbers are also original to the truck and are in good condition. The tilt steering wheel is nice and tight. The original steering wheel is in great condition. The seat is intact and in good condition. Overall the inside of this truck is very presentable and is clean looking.

THE MOTOR- This trucks motor is the original 400 small block that runs great and does not leak or smoke and is equipped with all the factory equipment.

THE TRANS - The trans is a turbo 400 that works great and does not leak. The rear end is a nice tight rear end that dose not clunk or howl. When you drop this truck in to gear there is no universal joint clunks or noises. This is a good driving truck no joke.

THE AC- the air conditioning is all intact but the clutch on the pump will need to be replaced.

THE TIRES- The tires are 235/85/16 and they are good condition with good tread depth. These tires are mounted to factory 16” steel rims with the factory stock hubcaps that are in super.

THE ELECTRICAL- All the original electrical in this truck is in good working order including all the outside lights, all the interior lights, the radio, the dash interments, the heater blower and controls, ECT.

OVER ALL- This truck is equipped with newer tires. Newer Duel exhaust. This truck Runs and drives great and is dependable. This is a super nice original survivor truck that is in over all in super condition for its age.

$(KGrHqRHJC4E7y9l),,JBO-SpvgVrg~~60_4.JPG

$(KGrHqF,!g8E7QvUpREeBO-R47dkZQ~~60_4.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!ocE63(l+L!nBO-R9iDH4Q~~60_4.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!iwE68Ozrg5YBO-R-KdL7Q~~60_4.JPG

Tailgate isn't original, but a very nice truck indeed.

I don't see anything out of place w/ the tailgate..is it from a different year? And is the grille missing a chunk in the top center, or that a slot to reach for the hood release?

Sharp truck.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Tailgate isn't original, but a very nice truck indeed.

I don't see anything out of place w/ the tailgate..is it from a different year? And is the grille missing a chunk in the top center, or that a slot to reach for the hood release?

Sharp truck.

Yes, the aluminum insert is a later style on the tailgate - it should be a narrow strip and inset for this year.

Not positive on the grille, but yes, I think a chunk is missing. My '79 didn't have a gap like that as I recall.

Nice!

I was still farming back in those days and I had a '76 Chevy K10 Scottsdale 4X4. Mine had the 350 4V with 4-speed stick (with the granny gear) and lockout hubs. It was a good running truck but was constantly in the shop--electrical system was crap and the clutch plate & throwout bearing gave me no end of grief. I'd wanted a similar pickup with a 292 six but couldn't find one, so settled on the V8 one.

Buddy of mine had almost the same truck, but with the 400 V8 & full-time 4WD...it had a lot more scat than mine did.

• 2 months later...

I've had a '70s GMC pickup truck addiction since last October... here's a beautiful '77 K30 SRW Crew Cab that is simply amazing (love the two-tone color of this one too). It's not far from me, maybe I'll email the seller to see if I can take some pictures (b/c God knows I can't afford his asking price!!):

http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/2911220209.html

5I85G65F33G63I63Ncc3jeb3b19f871291620.jpg5I85F25Hb3I93Lb3J9c3j936642725465178f.jpg