GM News: Spying: Chevrolet Sliverado/GMC Sierra - Part II

GMTruckGuy74

I just hope they can make this truck take a bigger leap forward and market the hell out of it. Fords truck has made some big changes and people have responded to the marketing hype they have used to promote it.

If GM just does evolutionary changes it will be hard to excite people over them. I really thing the market is open for some new things in pick ups and they are expecting them now.

Looks like the current one. If they want to make a splash, make a 30 mpg version. But I expect the evolutionary changes and more of the same. Ford is the only one doing much innovation with pick-ups over the last few years and we'll see if Ford keeps to their promise of taking weight out of the F150.

Looks like the current one. If they want to make a splash, make a 30 mpg version. But I expect the evolutionary changes and more of the same. Ford is the only one doing much innovation with pick-ups over the last few years and we'll see if Ford keeps to their promise of taking weight out of the F150.

Maybe the base engine will be the new 2.0 turbo...

What innovation has Ford performed in trucks? Since 2003 (as a 2004) the F150 is on the same chasis granted it has been updated cosmetically to keep it fresh looking. A major overhaul does not come till 2014. That is 11 years on same platform. Ecoboost that is nothing more than a turbo V6 is an innovation? In fact GM brought more changes to the heavy duty trucks in its guts compared to Ford that just Tonka-ized the heavy duties.

And FYI GM already has lightest trucks in all the segments. Some of GM trucks are lighter by as much as 500 lbs than its Ford counter parts. While I would like to see further weight loss, it is Ford that is lagging. GM should have a CEO like smoke and mirrors Mullaly to go with the products.

Immediate improvements to GM trucks - interiors, removing that V6, introduction of small diesels, better aerodynamics, smart space management and ending the dumpy styling of the Chevy versions.

The front looks funny, as though it's missing a bumper. I am also intrigued by the front end's recollection to the GMT400, as has been stated here. And I see Ram MegaCab in the length of the rear door.

Up to now for the last good while, I've been unhappy with GM's lack of color and trim variations as compared to Dodge and Ford. I hope that changes with these new ones. GM trucks have always been excellent, operationally, they're just a little bit... conservative.

The front looks funny, as though it's missing a bumper. I am also intrigued by the front end's recollection to the GMT400, as has been stated here.

Ed Welburn has stated his affection for the GMT400 pickups in the past. Those trucks have proven themselves to be quite a timeless piece of design.

I think there's a chance, though, we'll see the stacked headlamps go away on these next trucks.

And I see Ram MegaCab in the length of the rear door.

Well, the entire greenhouse is more elongated and squat compared to the current trucks. While GM may have added on an inch or two for the cabs of their next trucks, I don't think GM will go so far as to offer something insane like a MegaCab option.

Up to now for the last good while, I've been unhappy with GM's lack of color and trim variations as compared to Dodge and Ford. I hope that changes with these new ones. GM trucks have always been excellent, operationally, they're just a little bit... conservative.

I'll have to agree here.