Door number one and door number two

ocnblu

Back in 1994 I worked part-time (college) at an insurance company and there was a 19 year old girl that finally got her driver's license. Her first car? Her grandmother's '79 Caprice coupe in two-tone light and bright green! While I didn't like the color, I loved the roof line styling.

That Wraparound squared-off rear window has always been a period styling favourite of mine. I think that the 1977-79 was infinitely better looking than the 1980-1990 models.

Same here! Though, I like the headlights/taillights of the '89-'90 Caprice Classic sedans.

Some friends of ours had a '79 Caprice Classic coupe ... white with light blue interior and vinyl top. Recently, I saw a "reverse" of that on Craiglist ... blue with white interior/vinyl top.

When I was looking for my "winter beater", I had my mind set on a '77-'79 Caprice Classic coupe, but found none. Almost bought a '77 Impala coupe, but I already have 5 cars that have a nameplate irrevocably tied to FWD ... don't need another! Instead, went for the '79 Caprice Classic sedan ... and wouldn't change that decision now.

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic

* Radio.HolidayCDshowcase | 12.24.2011 | Noon-4p.CENTRAL | www.wrmn1410.com *

"Rockies are calling, Denver snow falling" __ Steve Wariner/Alabama __ 'Tennessee Christmas'