%$#@*&# SNOW!

Camino LS6

I called my dad, and before I could suggest postponing his birthday dinner out, he suggested it himself. So we're going tomorrow.

Growing up on the farm with my uncle and grandfather, this is the kind of day we'd pile in the old Ford pickup and travel the roads all day, stopping to eat and barhop.

Lost power again last night after midnight. Much of CT has no power. They're talking several days before power gets restored. The tools of today were a 4x4 pickup, a snow blower and a chain saw. I'm tired.

I'm hoping power doesn't take this long. Happy I have a laptop and a Mi-Fi card!

Last Saturday of the month (should be a huge sales day) and combine ice pellets with snow and rain and frigidness...not nice. Snowed weird amounts in random places around Philly, as I saw driving around today. Some with a few inches, some with one, some with a dusting, all with a lot of melting wet roads.

I remember trick or treating in western PA as a little kid on a freak snow storm Halloween before...back again that came.

Long Island skated for the most part. Piled into a Jeep with some friends went to the city and back Saturday evening, and when I came back the car had about a half inch of the slushy white crap on it.

Still, not an encouraging sign to be using the s-word as early as the end of October. I'm about ready to become a snowbird at age 33.

• Agree 1

it's like reading an expeditionist's diary.

"Day 374--

Still no power again. I've begun to completely forget what a lit light bulb looks like. The feel of central heating. The satisfaction of a cooked meal. All distant, blurry memories to me anymore. One wonders when this madness will ever end, though I must confess, I've begun to lose hope that it ever will..."

Edited by Turbojett

Day 4 - no power. The major electric utility leadership has lots of excuses, but not much in the way of results to show. 50% of the state still without power. Their ETA is "Sunday at 11:59 PM".

I'm getting a generator and wiring it into the house when this is over!

Ya'll can keep that snow, for now, please and thank you.

*shudders*

WAY TOO EARLY.

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic

CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.models.RadioShows.legos.HO.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I know you can hear me, but I'm not sure you're listening" __ Martina McBride __ 'Whatever You Say'