Besides GM, your other two fav brands.

A Horse With No Name

No doubt about it, Mazda and Porsche....after that VW is a distant third, Ford a distant Forth, and.... there are other car makers on the planet?

Seriously, GM, Porsche and Mazda are my big thee.

Yours?

Historically, my favorties were GM, AMC and None.

And since GM discontinued my favorite two split grill divisions, GM is no longer a favorite anymore... so favorite makes as of 2011:

None, None and None.

I'm trying to warm up to Mopar, BMW, Mercedes... Lamborghini, but I doubt I would ever actually buy one, even if I could. Fisker has potential.

GM is my First choice and then Dodge followed by Ford. I normally would say do not send your profits out of the country, but then what company does not outsource and build out of country. I still prefer to support US owned companies first.

Edited by dfelt

Let's do it this way (and I'm skipping the real exotics, because I don't think thats a fair comparison, and it's also too long of a list)

Also I'm doing NA market only and grouping by manufacturer.

2 thumbs up: Mazda, BMW, Subaru

1 thumb up: Nissan/Infiniti, Volkswagen/Audi, Daimler, FoMoCo

neutral: Honda, Hyundai/Kia

1 thumb down: Mitsubishi, Suzuki

2 thumbs down: Toyota/Lexus, ChryCo

Edited by the_yellow_dart

Let's do it this way (and I'm skipping the real exotics, because I don't think thats a fair comparison, and it's also too long of a list)

Also I'm doing NA market only and grouping by manufacturer.

2 thumbs up: Mazda, BMW, Subaru

1 thumb up: Nissan/Infiniti, Volkswagen/Audi, Daimler, FoMoCo

neutral: Honda, Hyundai/Kia

1 thumb down: Mitsubishi, Suzuki

2 thumbs down: Toyota/Lexus, ChryCo

Where does GM fit on that list?

1st Place: GMC (use to be tied with Pontiac)

2nd Place: Jeep (though I've never owned one, it's likely the only manufacturer I'd purchase from outside of GM)

3rd Place: TIE between Ford (though the 'big mouthed bass' look with its new cars is making me question this choice) and RAM Trucks

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

Odd ... I could've sworn I replied to this last time. Ah, well.

Dodge

Ford

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic

* PRE-SURGERY PARTY = ~5:30p-10:30p, Saturday, 10/29/2011 at Beef Villa, 1225 W Spring St, S Elgin IL *

"Just when I think that I can make it without you, you come around & say you want me now" __ Rosanne Cash __ 'I Don't Know Why You Don't Want Me'

I really don't have a favorite brand now....

I *want* to love Chevrolet but really, the only things they have that reallyimpress me are the Camaro, Corvette and maybe Cruze RS. Same thing goes for GMC and Cadillac... Nice stuff, but not really anything I'd buy at this point in my life.

I'd say Ford is probably my favorite "brand" right now... If I was shopping, I'd probably be purchasing from them in the form of a Mustang, Focus or Taurus.

Dodge is probably competeing with Chevrolet for second, but all they really have that I'd write checks for is the Charger or Challenger.

BMW would probably be my favorite 'fooore-in' brand.

The rest: Buick, Chrysler, Jeep, Fiat, Ram and Lincoln.... zzzZZZZzzzzzZZZZzz. Wake me up when they achieve HALF of the appeal that the discontinued "damaged" brands had.