Spotted A Silver Ghost? A Dodge Demon?

ocnblu

Mennonites are known for driving "black bumper" cars. They tend to buy black or very dark blue cars, and paint over the brightwork in body color. Some aren't so strict. Saw an example of that the other night... a 1974 base model Torino, black sedan with small hubcaps, in showroom new condition, parked in front of Shady Maple buffet in East Earl, PA... real Dutch Country.

Saw a very sharp pale yellow & white '56 Chevy Nomad, with whitewalls and chrome reverse/w baby moons wheels.

Also saw a pair of derelict battered well-worn old Chevy regular cab long bed fleetside pickups puttering around--a '71-72 in primer gray and a white '81-87 w/ the '88-91 Suburban/Blazer/heavy duty style grille...

later sightings:

Another worn longbed fleetside Chevy truck--a '64-66 in two tone blue w/ a white roof.

A pale yellow '62 Buick 4dr ht (saw from a distance, not sure if was a Le Sabre or Electra, both had 4 window versions then I think)..

A sharp, clean '80-83 Lincoln Mark VI convertible, top down, dark red w/ red interior, whitewalls w/ wire wheel covers, rolling down the street...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Cruising to Plymouth Meeting early yesterday morning, a new dark gray 2012 Camry LE/base pulled out behind me...noticed something new, but really as it seems, just the same Camry it's been for years with a body crease added and a less cheap, more detailed looking front silver grille. Cue the hubcaps. Older lady driving.

Passed a Toyota dealer later last night and saw a few more on display. Yawn.

Chevy dealer next door to work just added a '04-06 Victory Red Silverado SS with color matched hard tonneau cover to their used/Certified. Looks immaculate. Haven't seen an SS in a while, especially not in Philly.

Red Dodge Intrepid R/T...been so long since I've seen a non base model, blue smoking Intrepid...but sadly jumped a curb in the middle of an intersection, front wheels cocked and plastic fascia cracked up.

Last night. Merging onto the Jersey Turnpike south from the Garden State Parkway, in a BMW 3-series wagon trade myself, I saw white and then flames ahead...passed to see a few year old white BMW M3 coupe spewing flames from underhood and from underneath. Looked like it had just started.

What a sight in the dark rainy night.

One of the fire police officers from my station, a guy in his mid-60s, sold outright his beautifully well-taken care of 2001 GMC Sierra 2500 Extended Cab 4WD pickup and bought this leftover 2011 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Crew Cab 4WD:

IMG_20111002_123945.jpg

I got to see it on Sunday as we provided service for a local station's open house (October is fire prevention month, with the week of 10/10-16 being fire prevention week - go out and support your local fire departments!).

White Fisker Karma!! Incredible looking car... love the concept car proportions.

I can't wait to see them where I live!!

Mennonites are known for driving "black bumper" cars. They tend to buy black or very dark blue cars, and paint over the brightwork in body color. Some aren't so strict. Saw an example of that the other night... a 1974 base model Torino, black sedan with small hubcaps, in showroom new condition, parked in front of Shady Maple buffet in East Earl, PA... real Dutch Country.

Would love to have seen that!

Navy Blue over silver with rust-belt badgeing early Cadillac Cimarron :drool:

Another car that might have been interesting with more development...the Idea of a baby Cadillac is not bad...

Route 1 Northbound on the way into work (Princeton) this morning in the right lane was a new-ish silver Subaru Impreza WRT with a huge whale-tail spoiler, going slow. As I passed on the left, I looked over to see a man that appeared to be in his early 50's driving!! I guess the old saying, "You can sell an old guy a young man's car but you can't sell an old man's car to a young guy", is true!! :lol:

Saw some strange stuff this morning..

Saw a white '72 Pontiac ambulance tricked out in 'Arizona Ghostbusters' gear.

Saw a beige Yugo...first one I've seen in traffic in years.

And the strangest sight of all...driving along a busy 6-lane street saw a older white Plymouth minivan driving along about 40mph w/ the sliding side door open--with two shirtless big bald tatooed guys in the middle seat holding cigars. WTF???

At Starbucks I was behind a Jetta with a 'Euskadi' decal in the back window..don't see Basques everyday..

Picture252.jpg

Road runner I saw outside of a business on the east side....

Thought of Olds...personal luxury coupe...when I saw this....

Picture234.jpg

Picture085.jpg

Neat old Buick on the south end...

Picture057.jpg

This GTO made me think of Balthazar also...a guy was out enjoying it with his sons on a day off...wanted to get a better pic but couldn't get to the car fast enough...

Picture036.jpg

Sorry, couldn't get the image of the GP to rotate in my computer for some odd reason.

Picture098.jpg

Old Pontiac made me think of Balthazar....

'69 Tempest or LeMans...reminds me of PCS..haven't seen him around in ages...

Always liked this color on the Mustang...looks good on a Factory Five replica also....

Same color as my Mom's '68 Cougar...Mercury called it Glacier Blue, Ford called it Brittany Blue IIRC..

Went lot hopping today. Checked out the 2001 Sonoma ZQ8 (I thought it was a 2000), but, alas, it was a 2.2L autotragic, so it's off the list. New-style, chopped-roof Bug is terrific... LOVE those Heritage Wheels. Boxter Spyder is a honeydripper... and a '65 Bug sold new at this very dealership...100_0362.jpg

100_0361.jpg

100_0359.jpg

100_0360.jpg

Also sawr an '11 Charger R/T with an $8000+ Mopar option package. Sinister black with black wheels and a blue offset up-and-over stripe.

Subaru lot's almost empty.

Edited by ocnblu

Saw a gorgeous cherry red '71 Torino Cobra this morning...black out rear window slats and taillight panel, shaker hood scoop, Magnum 500 wheels. Love those early 70s muscle cars.

...and this afternoon, saw a very sharp '87-ish Camaro IROC-Z in a dark red w/ black stripes w/ chrome 17-18 inch wheels in the same style of the '87-88 era 5-spoke IROC wheels. Also saw an '00-05 Caddy DTS 4dr convertible, dark red, top down. And a '79-81 Malibu 2dr, black, updated w/ the 4 headlight '83-87 El Camino nose.

I'm on a "shortie" (okay, I know nowadays that since there are three bed lengths, they're not called "shorties" anymore but standard beds <-- but that sounds so blah to me!) hunt...

First I saw this '11 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Regular Cab Standard Bed Z71 Off-Road 4WD that I already posted about Friday night in Lebanon, PA on the way to & from my hotel for the Hershey AACA show:

post-418-0-98162900-1318347082.jpg

Recently on the way to & from work a Chevy dealer in Lawrenceville, NJ (they say they're in Princeton!) has had this on a lift on their lot, barely visible from the highway, and yesterday on my way home I noticed it was moved to the ground (so a stop on the way in this morning got me this picture)... '11 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2LT Regular Cab Standard Bed 4WD:

IMG_20111011_103937.jpg

I noticed two other Silverado's on the lot (std bed, equipped the same way - one white, one black). Finally, dealers ordering these trucks!!

• Agree 1

http://www.cheersandgears.com/gallery/album/248-2011-aaca-fall-eastern-meet-hershery-pa

I uploaded a TON of (mostly GM) photos I took at the 2011 AACA FAll Eastern Meet in Hershey, PA in the above album.

*Oldsmoboi - if that is too many pictures or too large of an album, please feel free to delete it after one week of viewing?

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

Impala SS cruising to work in the morning last week.

IMG_2365.jpg

Spotted yesterday, a first in a long time, if not the first time ever, a Jaguar X-Type Estate wagon...rare bird.

IMG_4743.jpg

And on Monday, driving back to Philly from southern DE on the highway:

IMG_9217.jpg

Out for a walk tonight around the neighborhood.

1) Black base'ish model 2011 Saab 9-5 on the corner.

IMG_2419.jpg

2) New navy blue Camaro SS half on sideway, half on street. Nice.

IMG_4827.jpg

3) Really "dressed" yellow Hummer H3 that moved onto the street recently.

IMG_5942.jpg

At Laguna seca for rennsport reunion...Porsche racing heaven...fun day

Had a great weekend in Monterey, Ca. Spent two days at Rennsport Reunion. Intoxicating to see hundreds of Porsches--racing cars and street cars and famous racing drivers. Saw oodles of 356s, 911s, some 908s, 910s, 917s, 935s, 936s, 956s, 962s, etc. Saw 4 of the 2012 911s. Incredible weekend, lots of fun. Beautiful surroundings and weather. I love the smell of gasoline and burnt rubber in the morning.

Took a lot of pics, will post a link to my Fotki pages tonite.

Had a nice Chrysler 300 rental--a smooth driving, comfortable car. Not sure if it was a 2011 or 2012, had 745 miles on the odo when I picked it up at the San Jose Airport Friday night.

Saw an off-white RR Phantom here in Scottsdale this morning.

Saw a black w/ red trim '12 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca edition at lunch today..great exhaust note. Looks badass. Saw a worn but solid '71-72 Blazer, top off. Saw a clean '64-66 Ford pickup in dark red. Saw a slammed primered '40 Ford pickup street rod.