Cadillac is a big tease on their New Small Car - ATS teaser shot

Drew Dowdell

Honestly, the ATS is a make or break deal for Cadillac's future and I'll rather see it 1 year late than 1 year immature. They have to get it right out of the gates.

It's already years late. Even a turd car will get people back int the Cadillac showrooms.

Not that this is a turd. Just bring it out already!!!!

Yeah, with 20/20 hindsight this is a car Cadillac should have had 15-20 years ago when the compact premium market really started heating up. Better late than never, though. Actually, they did have a turd in this niche once long ago, but it's best forgotten.

A turd? No. Two turds... Caterra, followed by BLS

I was thinking of their earlier attempt at a compact premium model, in the '80s. The Catera and BLS were more mid-sized.

I got a shrunken CTS feel from that picture. But sharing proportions with the CTS is not a bad thing and the surface detailing is a real differentiation tool so I'll reserve judgement until we see the whole car.

I got a shrunken CTS feel from that picture. But sharing proportions with the CTS is not a bad thing and the surface detailing is a real differentiation tool so I'll reserve judgement until we see the whole car.

Like most cars partial photoas are not always smart to pass final judgment on. It always best to see them in person as they take on a whole different look in 3D. The CTS coupe looks odd in photos but in person it pops.

I've never ben a big fan of the C-class or even the old 190e, but the new C-class is quite

elegant & looks like a real Mercedes Benz, not some "upscale economy sedan"

That being said this is supposed to be a Cadillac, let's hope it looks like a real Caddy.

I can see the Mercedes comparison based on the body line that shoots up & over the

center-line of the car, or if you will, slopes downward towards the front of the car.

This new Caddy has RWD proportions, is it? Will there be an AWD version for the

Scardy-Cats & Pansies in the North East?

Like most cars partial photos are not always smart to pass final judgment on. It always best to see them in person as they take on a whole different look in 3D. The CTS coupe looks odd in photos but in person it pops.

Saw quite a few CTS coupes in FL this past weeks during my holidays, so I agree. Looks much better in person.

Wonder if the ATS will be shown as a concept in Detroit or if we'll see it in production trim...

Like most cars partial photoas are not always smart to pass final judgment on. It always best to see them in person as they take on a whole different look in 3D. The CTS coupe looks odd in photos but in person it pops.

cts coupe always looks drop dead gorgeous to me in person when i see one. saw a white one the other day, i was just oogling for a long time.

my only CTS coupe complaint is how fat the proportioning of the lower body is......hard to fix without dropping the bottom of the glazing or picking up the bottom of the body a couple inches.......

cts coupe always looks drop dead gorgeous to me in person when i see one. saw a white one the other day, i was just oogling for a long time.

my only CTS coupe complaint is how fat the proportioning of the lower body is......hard to fix without dropping the bottom of the glazing or picking up the bottom of the body a couple inches.......

I spent a 1/2 hr or so wandering around the local Caddy store lot last night, checking out and sitting in a dark gray CTS coupe, CTS sedan, wagon, DTS sedan..they had a goregous dark red CTS-v coupe rotating on an outside dias, a silver CTS-v sedan in the showroom, and a black CTS-v wagon in the showroom...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar