Another Magnificent Seville Elegante

ClassyEldo

The same seller as the previous thread about a 1985 Seville Elegante has again listed a superb example in an extremely rare color combination:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320731922226&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#v4-34

This 1981 Seville Elegante is Mulberry Gray Firemist over Bordeaux Red with the Mulberry Gray Leather Interior (Mulberry Gray Firemist was exclusive to the Seville line in 1981 along with its complimentary Leather interior color)and this car features the standard (for 1981) V-8-6-4 engine (more desirable than the 4.1 liter aluminum block engines from 1982 through 1985). I hope the car continues to be preserved in such excellent condition when it gets a new owner! A true example of Cadillac at the top of its game!!!

Beautiful car! Not digging the wheels, but I can understand the likely reason for doing it. Finding the proper whitewalls in the OE size is difficult these days.

Side note, are you coming to the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, ClassyEldo? I thought I remembered you being in Pittsburgh also. My car will be on the show field.

Beautiful car! Not digging the wheels, but I can understand the likely reason for doing it. Finding the proper whitewalls in the OE size is difficult these days.

Side note, are you coming to the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, ClassyEldo? I thought I remembered you being in Pittsburgh also. My car will be on the show field.

As for the true wire wheels, they were not a factory option on the '80 through '85 Sevilles until 1985 model year, but they were often installed as a dealer accessory.

Side note reply: Every other year I've been on the Car Show field on Saturday, but this year I have another commitment tomorrow at 1:00 p.m. If I go it will not be until Sunday. (I've still got my '71 Eldorado Convertible.) :smilies-38096:

post-2749-0-88633600-1311392469.jpg

I will be there both days. My car isn't really show worthy, but since I'm going both days, and parking is a $10 "donation" I figure I'd just register it for $25 and then be right on the show field rather than having to take the parking shuttle. I'll look for you on Sunday.

Probably has low miles due to the V8-6-4 not working, haha. It is in excellent condition, but $25,000 seems steep for a car like that. The 81-85 Seville just doesn't seem like a classic or collectible car now, or in the future. Where as ClassyEldo's 1971 Eldorado is a classic car with character. I'd stop to look at that if I were down at the Vintage Grand Prix, if I saw an 80s Seville I'd keep walking.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

The owner claims $50K was spent on restoring the vehicle, which seems like a lot for a vehicle with only 12K miles. Supposedly the variable displacement feature can be disabled, but the engine adds to this particular car's charm.

We went to the auction they had a the Glenmoore Concours last year and a low miles Seville went for stupid money. While the car was low milage it still needed a lot of work. There were a lot better buys at that event than that Seville.

We figured they had two guys drinking and bidding against each other.