May the Fourth Be With You!

GMTruckGuy74

So what is so special for Star Wars fans today??

Link: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/star-wars-day-marked-blu-185339

Nine-disc "Star Wars: The Complete Saga" will be available on Sept. 16.

Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment marked Star Wars Day Wednesday with the announcement that a Blu-ray version of Star Wars: The Complete Saga will be available to consumers on Sept. 16.

The collection includes 40+ hours of special features, highlighted by never-before-seen content sourced from the Lucasfilm archives. Deleted, extended and alternate scenes are also part of the set as are new documentaries and various Star Wars spoofs.

Lucasfilm will preview the collection's bonus material at Comic-Con in July. The set will be released internationally on Sept. 12.

The set is divided as follows:

Disc One -- Star Wars: Episode I -- The Phamtom Menace, plus bonus features

Disc Two -- Star Wars: Episode II -- Attack of the Clones, plus bonus features

Disc Three -- Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith, plus bonus features

Disc Four -- Star Wars: Episode IV -- A New Hope, plus bonus features

Disc Five -- Star Wars: Episode V -- The Empire Strikes Back, plus bonus features

Disc Six -- Star Wars: Episode VI -- Return of the Jedi, plus bonus features

Disc Seven -- New Star Wars Archives: Episodes I-III

Disc Eight -- New Star Wars Archives: Episodes IV-VI

Disc Nine -- The Star Wars documentaries

I'm very excited for September to arrive!!

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

So what is so special for Star Wars fans today??

Link: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/star-wars-day-marked-blu-185339

Nine-disc "Star Wars: The Complete Saga" will be available on Sept. 16.

Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment marked Star Wars Day Wednesday with the announcement that a Blu-ray version of Star Wars: The Complete Saga will be available to consumers on Sept. 16.

The collection includes 40+ hours of special features, highlighted by never-before-seen content sourced from the Lucasfilm archives. Deleted, extended and alternate scenes are also part of the set as are new documentaries and various Star Wars spoofs.

Lucasfilm will preview the collection's bonus material at Comic-Con in July. The set will be released internationally on Sept. 12.

The set is divided as follows:

Disc One -- Star Wars: Episode I -- The Phamtom Menace, plus bonus features

Disc Two -- Star Wars: Episode II -- Attack of the Clones, plus bonus features

Disc Three -- Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith, plus bonus features

Disc Four -- Star Wars: Episode IV -- A New Hope, plus bonus features

Disc Five -- Star Wars: Episode V -- The Empire Strikes Back, plus bonus features

Disc Six -- Star Wars: Episode VI -- Return of the Jedi, plus bonus features

Disc Seven -- New Star Wars Archives: Episodes I-III

Disc Eight -- New Star Wars Archives: Episodes IV-VI

Disc Nine -- The Star Wars documentaries

I'm very excited for September to arrive!!

Cool...I wonder if the Star Wars Holiday Special will be included in the extras..I don't think it's ever been released...saw it as a kid in 1978.

If it is, it would be the first time "officially" released by Lucas. I was a mere 3 years old when it was shown in 1978, so if I watched it I don't remember it. I've seen very cheesy bootlegged copies at toy shows, and have seen parts of it on YouTube a couple years back. George Lucas does not like that show andI doubt very much it will be included, though the article above does say various SW spoofs are to be included (and I'm sure Lucas thinks that show is a "spoof").

On another SW-related note, I will be travelling to Orlando, FL in 19 days (5/23-27)for a brief 5-day family vacation in Walt Disney World. It was timed to coincide with the opening of the new Star Tours 2.0 ride opening in Disney Hollywood Studios :smilewide:

Probably 5 years since I've watched the original trilogy..I have them in regular DVD format and VHS from the '90s reissues. Saw them in the theater on the original runs as a kid, and the re-releases back in the '90s when I was in grad school..