What new 2011 vehicle do you wish you could own?

GMTruckGuy74

Over the past several days I've been thinking of intrigued's new 2012 Mustang GT Premium response in the "Any changes to your "automotive family" soon?" thread and how there is not a vehicle I currently drool over that I could afford now or next year (trust me, I drool over the 2011 GMC Sierra Denali plenty, just cannot afford a new one now or in the near future). I remember in the late '80s through the mid part of this decade always lusting over something attainable. I guess the prices today, the lack of funds and credit on my end, just make it impossible for me to lust over anything much.

However, there is something I wish I could have, if offered here in the states, if I had the funds:

2011 Holden SV6 Ute or Commodore SV6 Sportswagon:

30-SV6%20Ute_600-600x400.jpg

holden-ve-sportwagon-2-big.jpg

If those were on sale here in the states, I'd be at the closest dealership at least once a week drooling over them.

What would you choose if you had the option?

Realisically, if I had garage space--for the practical daily driver I'd cross-shop the new Chrysler 300C, Charger R/T, Grand Cherokee, or CTS.

Realistically, for a #2 fun car if I had garage space, a new Mustang Boss 302 or GT. Or a Camaro SS. Or a Challenger R/T. I find all of them appealing. Would have to do a number of test drives before picking one.

(I'd really like to go buy a new car today, but am holding off until I take care of the big issues..i.e. new house in a different state, moving, etc).

For a money-no-object sell-your-soul new dream car, maybe an Aston Martin DB9, Merc SLS, Merc S65 AMG, Porsche 911GT3RS, Caddy CTS-v, or Audi R8 V10 Spyder.

For a money-no-object insane-with-no-practical-use car, I really, really want an Ariel Atom.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

A Toyota Blazer, Z?

wtf? I posted a CTS-V coupe. The host must not like the fact that I hotlinked his pic.

Edted my post and got rid of the pic of that disgusting vomit inducing picture. Now let us never speak of this again :ninja:

Mustang GT premium, 6 speed stick, 3.73 rear end, brembo package, HID and NAV. Black exterior saddle interior.

Fortunately my dream car is not super expensive and I will order a custom build in the next year to 18 months from now.

It's going to be my reward to myself for finally finishing my undergrad and paying off all my debt besides my school loans. The only other debt I will have is a mortgage hopefully since I am looking to buy a condo in the same time period.

2011 Dodge Charger

...but you already knew my answer, Roger! ;)

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * meet_05.21.11_FrnkGrv.IL *

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Father Time still takes a toll on every minute that you save" __ Clint Black __ 'No Time To Kill'

With my recent attendance to the NY auto show, I'm going to personally extend this to include upcoming vehicles.

• Realistically: 2012 Kia Rio Hatch. Loaded up, it offers more upscale materials and features than any similarly priced VW. Not to mention, it looks utterly delicious for a subcompact.
  • Stretching: 2012 VW Golf R. Not 100% official but close enough. Great mix of luxury, sport, and civility.
  • Wishing: 2012 Land Rover Evoque. It's awesome in every way. LR managed to make the coolest SUV to soon be available.
  • Dreaming: All three. :P

Oh there's a whole list of cars I want...

Obviously,

Corvette ZR1

Corvette GS (painted correctly!)

Camaro ZL1

Camaro SS/RS

But also...

Shelby GT500

Viper ACR

Lamborghini Aventador

Ferrari 458 Italia

Ferrari 599 GTO

McLaren MP4-12C

Nissan GTR Spec-V

Aston Martin DBS

Lexus LF-A

Audi R8 5.2 V10

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione

2013 Lotus Esprit (yeah, yeah, I know, but it's so awesome)

Realistically: 2012 Kia Rio Hatchback or Ford Fiesta Hatchback

Stretching: Ram 1500 Tradesman, Kia Optima SX, Sportage SX, Buick LaCrosse eAssist, Chrysler 300, Suzuki Kizashi SLS Sport AWD, Chevrolet Cruze Eco, Ford Focus ST, Subaru Legacy GT

Dream: BMW 335d, BMW X3 xDrive28i, Cadillac CTS-V Sedan, Volvo S60 T6, Mercedes-Benz E63 Wagon (I think you have to do special order), Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Jaguar XFR, Jaguar XJ, Audi S4, Alpina B7, Rolls-Royce Ghost, Aston Martin DBS, Dodge Challenger SRT8 392

Lottery Winner: All vehicles listed and a barn to hold them :smilewide:

GM:

Fantasy, in order:

Corvette Z06

CTS-V (sedan or most likely coupe)

Camaro ZL1

Sierra Denali

Escalade Platinum

Realistic, in order:

Terrain

Cruze ECO -or- LTZ RS

Volt

*** I'd also consider the sporty version of the Sonic if GM actually delivers or a sporty Malibu if I can shift myself or even a Regal GS if GM actually gives it balls.

Chrysler:

Fantasy, in order:

Charger SRT-8

300 SRT-8

Realistic:

Fiat 500

*** A mid-size Jeep truck would go right to the top of my list.

Ford

Fantasy, in order:

Mustang Boss 302

Taurus SHO

Mustang GT500

Flex

Explorer

Ecoboost F150

Realistic, in order:

Focus (preferrably ST)

Fiesta (preferrably ST)

*** I'll also consider a next gen Fusion when it loses the patchwork styling.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM