Uncalled-for comments

ocnblu

My mother got on my nerves when she said my car reminds her of a bicycle helmet. She drives a Cube. I thought of it too late, but I should have shot back "yeah, and there's the box it came in!" *points at green Nissan* :neenerneener:

Please share any untoward comments you've heard about your ride.

"Why are you buying a mom-mobile?"

Finance manager at my last dealership, before doing my CX-9's paperwork. Because it's an SUV that drives like a sport sedan...and uber luxurious...and spacious. Not the typical, but typical is uncommon for me. Only negative I've had about it from someone.

"Is that your banana parked in front of the church?"

"Maybe you should put a sign on top of it and start your own taxi service."

"Why the hell did they go with an I5?"

I know that I must get some comments from my rides, but at my size, people keep them to themselves. I'm sure watching me drive around with the top of my head out of the sunroof on the GP or unfold from the Sunfire is something of a spectacle.

Mom doesn't approve of a couple cars... usually my older ones. For example, the '95 Caprice... because I got it dirt cheap and the paint is burning off of it. But the commentary rarely goes beyond "junk".

My favorite comment I've gotten lately... while coming out of the dollar store holding 5 gallons of beverages with each hand, a guy walking the other way yelled. "Damn, this M-F'er is THIRSTY!"

I had to move a coworker's new Lexus ES once, and as I was getting into it some passersby said "That's a beautiful car!"...I was speechless...I was hoping he was talking about my car that was parked close behind it, but I'm pretty sure he was referring to the blandmobile. People have no taste anymore...It is no wonder cars are so ugly.

I've received nothing but compliments for my car...those who know me know it is not so pretty underneath, though.

Driving a lifted Suburban in the Seattle area, you have your mob's of fans and haters. The best comment came at the Woodinville Costco where I was filling up my baby as the rebuilt engine 402 requires premium.

Person driving a Toyota Prius said it was a beautiful auto (right after I had it detailed) to bad it kills so many trees and other parts of Mother earth, you should be ashamed of driving it.

My reply, Stay out of my way so I do not have to pick you out of my tire tread. At least I will survive if I get caught between two semi's compared to you.

I am sure I could have come up with a better response as I usually think of something better 10 miles down the road, but it is just amazing how people think everyone should fit into their narrow view of life. At 6'6" tall, I am not one to fold up into a POS Prius. :explode:

Not much outside of my own family...my brother gave me grief over driving a 'Kraut Rocket' or a 'Nazi car' when I had my M3, and gave me a hard time over driving a Chrysler product w/ my Jeep. But I just ignore him.

My Prius-driving friends and colleagues never gave me a hard time over my Jeep, except when I briefly worked at a startup 3 years ago where almost everyone drove a Toyota product--they constantly ragged on me for driving an American car and why didn't I embrace the perfection that was Toyota (oddly, it was the same place that was a very strong Mac fanboy environment).

Not a negative comment, but a confused one that made me laugh years ago...I was driving my Mom's silver blue '68 Cougar back around '92, stopped at a convenience store and as I was walking in, some teenagers came out, and one exclaimed 'wow--what a sweet Camaro!'. LoL.

Not much outside of my own family...my brother gave me grief over driving a 'Kraut Rocket' or a 'Nazi car' when I had my M3, and gave me a hard time over driving a Chrysler product w/ my Jeep. But I just ignore him.

My Prius-driving friends and colleagues never gave me a hard time over my Jeep, except when I briefly worked at a startup 3 years ago where almost everyone drove a Toyota product--they constantly ragged on me for driving an American car and why didn't I embrace the perfection that was Toyota (oddly, it was the same place that was a very strong Mac fanboy environment).

Not a negative comment, but a confused one that made me laugh years ago...I was driving my Mom's silver blue '68 Cougar back around '92, stopped at a convenience store and as I was walking in, some teenagers came out, and one exclaimed 'wow--what a sweet Camaro!'. LoL.

The Camaro comment on the cougar is too funny!!! :roflmao:

Poor you having to work at a company of Toyota lovers with their rotten Mac's. Real companies know better than to use macs. I have yet to see mac users create any real products outside of Graphic Designs.

Poor you having to work at a company of Toyota lovers with their rotten Mac's. Real companies know better than to use macs. I have yet to see mac users create any real products outside of Graphic Designs.

Most of the developers on Macs (incl. myself sometimes) I know use Macs because of the pure UNIX goodness inside of OSX. They didn't pay attention to the old Macs, but embrace the newer ones as an alternative to a DIY Linux on a Windows laptop approach.. I like my Mac Book Pro and my Dell Studio XPS, but every other dev shop I've worked in over the last decade has used laptops (HP, Dell or Lenovo) running Win XP... having used Windows, various UNIX flavors (Solaris, HP-UX, Digital, several Linuxes) and Mac OSX over the years as development environments, I can see the pros and cons of each..

At that startup, the civilians (management, testers, support, etc) used Windows laptops, but the developers all used Macs..it wasn't even a web app but more of an infrastructure technology that was deployed on UNIX or Windows servers..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Most of the developers on Macs (incl. myself sometimes) I know use Macs because of the pure UNIX goodness inside of OSX. They didn't pay attention to the old Macs, but embrace the newer ones as an alternative to a DIY Linux on a Windows laptop approach.. I like my Mac Book Pro and my Dell Studio XPS, but every other dev shop I've worked in over the last decade has used laptops (HP, Dell or Lenovo) running Win XP... having used Windows, various UNIX flavors (Solaris, HP-UX, Digital, several Linuxes) and Mac OSX over the years as development environments, I can see the pros and cons of each..

At that startup, the civilians (management, testers, support, etc) used Windows laptops, but the developers all used Macs..it wasn't even a web app but more of an infrastructure technology that was deployed on UNIX or Windows servers..

Sounds totally cool, the small company I am building a storage division in, my QA team uses all windows or linux multi monitor desktops, yet dev's all use mac's to work on the linux kernel of our storage appliance. So I totally understand where you come from on the Mac. Some can handle the change between setups and others cannot.

What type of product what this that you worked on? Mine is a storage accelerator. you can see it at storage.dataram.com

Sounds totally cool, the small company I am building a storage division in, my QA team uses all windows or linux multi monitor desktops, yet dev's all use mac's to work on the linux kernel of our storage appliance. So I totally understand where you come from on the Mac. Some can handle the change between setups and others cannot.

What type of product what this that you worked on? Mine is a storage accelerator. you can see it at storage.dataram.com

That company was building fraud detection algorithms and plugins for e-commerce, credit card processing and banking applications. I've spent the last 2 years in banking systems at a big bank, am now doing a contract at a health care services company working on software for pharmacy and drug company communication..

The storage accelerator sounds interesting..

Person driving a Toyota Prius said it was a beautiful auto (right after I had it detailed) to bad it kills so many trees and other parts of Mother earth, you should be ashamed of driving it.

Actually, trees love warm weather, carbon dioxide and water... so they wish everyone had a Suburban.

When I was buying my Magnum, my wife asked "Are you sure you want to buy a hearse?"

And now that's what she calls it. "Are we taking the hearse today?" "For a hearse, it has a nice rdie"

Then I remind her that her Fit will fit in the back of my car, and that usually keeps her quiet for a while.

When I was buying my Magnum, my wife asked "Are you sure you want to buy a hearse?"

That's what my Mom says they look like...never saw the connotation..they don't look hearse-like to me, but like a sleek wagon...