Happy 9th Anniversay to ME!!

GMTruckGuy74

Today is my 9th anniversary of joining Cheers & Gears!! I joined on March 15, 2002 and have never been able to leave.

To all of the "old timers" here - thank you for a wonderful nine years spent with you and your thoughts, advice, and news. To those that have joined in the recent past, thank you for sharing your input and insight with me and others in the time you've been here. I have to admit that I cannot seem to live without visiting this place at least once a day, even when I'm on vacation or preoccupied with other things (thank God for an android cell phone!).

I remember the reason I found C&G was due to my searching the Interner for information on the next generation S-Series pickups - which would eventually be renamed Canyon (Sonoma) and Colorado (S-10). Since then my passion for GM became even larger with my visits here and I've been severely addicted to this place and the people that reside here (those still here and those no longer a member).

A BIG thanks to Walt Keegan for bringing this site to life, to FlyBrian for his efforts in keeping this place alive mid-decade, and of course now to our fearless leader Drew (Oldsmoboi) for his immense contributions to this place by not only keeping it going, but with great improvements and features. I hope to be celebrating for many more years with everyone here.

Also, it has been great meeting several of the posters in person - Drew (Oldsmoboi), Camino (Bob), Bill (ocnblu), FlyBrian (Brian) - am I forgeting anybody? And I look forward to meeting more in person... maybe I should revisit the 'club gathering' suggestion at this year's All-GM Nationals in Carlisle (June)???

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

Good to know ya, Roger, sir. I've never heard a negative thing escape your mind and appear on this screen. Quite an accomplishment.

Hahaha... what a way to be remembered here! But I wish I was the saint you are making me out to be. Yes, I am a people-pleaser and a mediator-type in real life, and I guess that it carries over to the Internet (well, at least here). I'm also known as a "ray of sunshine" at work :lol:

Thanks all!

My wife just gave me a "are you serious" look when I told her yesterday :lol: She thinks I spend way too much time here and thinks it's funny how I refer to posters like I know all of you personally. Women... :P

I really enjoy the camaraderie of this place, though good times and bad. It has been my main source of GM information since Day #1, and I've learned a ton of stuff about other manufacturers & the industry in general too in the process.

Here I am today, Year 9, Day #2, like clockwork :)

And I'd like to meet more in person, too. There's some in NJ alone (Balthazar, SAmadei) that I haven't met yet and should soon. And if knightfan ever gets down my way in southern NJ on one of his famous road trips, I'd like to meet him too!

Edited by GMTruckGuy74