He Might Be Back!

hyperv6

Found this on Autoblog. I am not sure how good this is but I was just thinking the other day I wish they just had Bob around to tell them they are doing something stupid once in a while.

Seem sto the story Dan Akerson wants him back but the Goverment does not want him back [go figure].

Well I hope GM can get him in to help sort out the new product and make sure they don't screw it up. I would like him to take Mark Reuss and really teach him all he knows.

It is refreshing to see someone like Akerson show that he needs help with product. There may be hope for him yet and it is so sad the Goverment is showing that they are inept as usual. God can only hope their idea of a good product person is not Joe Biden.

I would like to see Bob set up a system of people and standard that will remain in place with GM after he is finally gone. At the age of 79 he can not stay for ever and GM will need a way forward with like minded product people. Too few product people get put in place like Bob. I would like to see them keep a steady stream of people in line to keep up the standards set to bring the best product out and stop short cutting things for the sake of the $$$. The money they save taking a cheaper way out at times developing a new car bites them in the a$$ with lost sales and larger losses than the money they saved.

Someone needs to keep Akerson in check (I can't put my finger on it but the man reminds me of Roger Smith for some reason) and due to the structure of the company that man really can't be Reuss, at least not yet.

I'd feel more comfortable without Lutz if Ed Whitacre had stayed on. I think he had better business sense and understood the point of a car company better. Also he was more willing to admit that he wasn't an expert on cars and defer to those (Lutz included) who were.

• Agree 3

I'd love to see this happen. The government doesn't like him because they're currently a bunch of ecoweenie dreamers, and Bob is a REAL car guy.

The Goverment does not like him because he tells them what he thinks no matter if they like it or not. They also may be affraid of him since he owns his own Mig and he is not affraid to use it.

I think really do think they fear him because if the get to much involved with poor decision he will spill the beans on them to the public. Elected officials have a fear of being outed in public.

• Agree 2

Someone needs to keep Akerson in check (I can't put my finger on it but the man reminds me of Roger Smith for some reason) and due to the structure of the company that man really can't be Reuss, at least not yet.

I'd feel more comfortable without Lutz if Ed Whitacre had stayed on. I think he had better business sense and understood the point of a car company better. Also he was more willing to admit that he wasn't an expert on cars and defer to those (Lutz included) who were.

I think this is Akersons way of showing he is willing to go to people who know more on product. GM of late was looking like they were going the old corperate way and now look like they are moving back to a more product friendly enviroment. Just two weeks ago the truth on the Lutz group of journalist that were reviewing product and looked lost and now Ruess cam out and said he supported the knothole group.

I get the feeling their is a fight going on with some folks inside on product. We keep getting some things that look bad then someone counters. I wonder what is really going on.

This. Akerson so far seems more aloof than anything else. The "perform or GTFO" mentality that Big Ed instilled in GM's culture seems to be gone now with Akerson. His attempts to trash talk the competition (a la Lutz) come off as forced and made him look really bad. My only hope is, as hyperv6 alluded to, that Akerson is just keeping the chair warm for Mark Reuss, and they want to bring on Lutz to help groom him.

The Goverment does not like him because he tells them what he thinks no matter if they like it or not. They also may be affraid of him since he owns his own Mig and he is not affraid to use it.

I think really do think they fear him because if the get to much involved with poor decision he will spill the beans on them to the public. Elected officials have a fear of being outed in public.

'he owns his Mig and is not afraid to use it'

the jet flies in, the jet flies out.....

Edited by regfootball

• 4 weeks later...