2011 Super Bowl Ads

GMTruckGuy74

Very cool! I really like the "Black Betty" Beetle commercial, and the Camaro commercial with the chick driving.

Concur. I enjoy the Black Betty Bettle "previews". Nicely done. The VW Passat one is something, not sure what, but the end effect is good. It's fun to watch.

The Cruze ECO retirement home clip is hilarious. Regardless of what some may think, the Cruze "Facebook updates" should get some interest by gen whatever now...actually showing it working. Cool for the kiddies.

I'm ready for a night of game & commercials. Bring it on.

Edited by caddycruiser

Why, Chrysler? WHY would you use EMINEM as a celebrity endorsement? Didn't you learn your lesson with Snoop Dog? Bad rappers are not classy, ESPECIALLY NOT MARSHALL BRUCE MATHERS II

Well, Eminem is a Detroit icon.. and the ad was about Detroit. I liked it, fits well w/ the GC ad from a couple months ago.

• Agree 2

My favorite so far is the Chrysler one. Great use of music and Detroit imagery and a great tagline.

Liked the Doritos one w/ the pug. Though the beverage ad w/ the woman throwing the can was pretty funny also.

Fast Five ad---looks like a dreadful over-CGI'd mess

Cowboys and Aliens movie ad- same as above

Kia Optima ad- same as above

Thor ad-same as above

Transformers 3 ad-same as above, plus big Michael Bay explosions

Coke ad-more CGI. Meh

BMW X3 ad..strange that BMW would emphasize the 'Made in America' aspect.

Interesting that the Budweiser ad and BMW diesel ad both used '70s pop hits.

Passat ad w/ Darth Vader- odd but amusing

• Chrysler one was great. I liked how it told a story and wasn't just your typical stupid/funny commercial.
  • VW Beetle commercial was cute.
  • Audi commercial was pretty funny. Love how they take shots at Mercedes even though I don't care for the A8.
  • VW Passat commercial was a great example how to cleverly use a franchise to remote your product, even if remote start is nothing new. :P
  • Camaro commercial is how not to use a franchise to promote your product.
  • The other one was meh.
  • Volt commercial - pretty good but I like Mike Rowe better as far as using tv personalities to narrate your commercials.
  • Cruze commercial - made me not want to buy a Cruze. When the selling feature is that you can facebook that you just crashed into a tree while texting, it puts me off.
  • Other Cruze commercial - completely forgettable. Something about old people and Eco.
  • Silverado commercial - So its a loyal pet? What's that got to do with towing or payload capacity?
  • Kia Optima - A commercial showcasing that the advertising agency can 3D, but little about the car. I'd be nice if Kia's marketing grew up for once.

The Chrysler ad was amazing! I loved every second of it....

I think Eminem is a genius and I think he's an excellent spokesperson.

Such vision; such dedication!

The Vader ad was both lame and pointless IMO. It didn't even show a decent shot of the car and just made the kid out to look dumb (like most kids are) Wow, that VeeDub has remote gadgetry?! You don't say!

The Beetle ad was pretty damn cool, though.

I thought all of the Chevy spots were pretty lame... The teacher spot is probably the best, but it's very cliche and looks low budget. 'Tommy' actually seemed to be a big hit, but I don't really see the point. 'Misunderstanding' seems to be the top rated one and it's probably the best from a humor standpoint. 'Discovery' is cool; but it needed better imagery and it wasn't very good at keeping viewers attention. I knew that 'Status' would be an either love it or hate it thing... Seems that most people hate it (which isn't surprising given how played out Facebook is getting)

The Transformer Camaro commercial had potential, but alas, the crappy style killed it.

I thought 'Release The Hounds' was cool.

'Epic Ride' was probably the dumbest commercial of the entire game, IMO. Yet it's getting good ratings.

I thought the Hyundai kaleidoscope commercial was pretty neat.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

After Youtubing for an hour or so...

• I loved the Chrysler commercial with Eminem and Detroit, though it could have been better if it were shorter.
  • Per the VW commercials, I definitely prefer the Beetle one, though I can see the appeal in the Passat one.
  • Chevrolet had horrible commercials for the most part. The only enjoyable ones were the Volt and Silverado ones.
  • Hyundai's were rather 'meh' save for the hypnotized commercial, which was executed rather well, I though.
  • I thought Kia's had a great concept, but ruined it by dragging it out as much as they did.
  • Audi's was okay. Cleverly written, at least.
  • Suzuki's was pretty underwhelming. Fake snowmen, a great way to induce sales, right?
  • I liked Mercedes' save for Diddy. His role was far less fitting than Eminem's in Chrysler's.
  • Mini's "Cram it in the boot" was mildly entertaining. Sexual puns are fun.

Unrelated...

• There's a Doritos commercial that I found hilarious, but it apparently didn't make the cut. Those gay references will do that.
  • The one Pepsi Max commercial was pretty entertaining with the controlling wife.
  • I'm looking forward to the new Fast Five movie despite many's displeasure with it.
  • The Sealy commercial was good... If only I agreed with their message. Springs are evil.
  • Cowboys and Aliens has to be the worst movie I've seen previewed. Just why?!
  • Snickers with Roseanne Barr was pretty funny. Not as good as Betty White's, though.
  • Homeaway... All I can say is "Test baby!"

The Doritos commercial you're referencing was actually fake.

The two that were actually shown were creepy.

the Mercedes ad was great until P-diddy showed up and ruined it. I've been to the museum shown very briefly in one of the clips.

The Volt ad had decent heritage, but showed so little of the car it was almost pointless.

The Silverado HD ad was entertaining.

The Audi ad was good, but Mercedes got some burn in on twitter. "Mercedes cars look great. They look even better when they are in Audi commercials"

The news was interviewing the kid from the VW Darth Vader ad this morning.

What utter idiocy. Surely there are more important things to talk about than stupid commercials.

The commercial itself was absolutely nothing special. As a Star Wars fan, it's great to see it at a big event like that, but I don't understand why so many people think that some kid in a Vader outfit pretending to use the force is amazing. Nothing clever about it, and the vehicle didn't fit with the theme at all. "Vader, your completely bland, silver, pedestrian, econocar has arrived!!"

Edited by siegen

A site that contains many GM fans is talking mostly about the non-GM ads. That says something. And I really think they couldve skipped the Cruze Eco and Camaro ads in favor of something from Buick and Cadillac.

I agree.

Anyway...

The Passat ad did nothing to showcase the Passat, and it hould have at least been black. However VW is using the brand cache the George Lucas hasn't milked all the way out of the Stars Wars franchise. It's certainly better than a sleazy dealership doing a very poor job at being surprised that one of there cars just turned into a giant f-ing robot.

What utter idiocy. Surely there are more important things to talk about than stupid commercials.

The commercial itself was absolutely nothing special. As a Star Wars fan, it's great to see it at a big event like that, but I don't understand why so many people think that some kid in a Vader outfit pretending to use the force is amazing. Nothing clever about it, and the vehicle didn't fit with the theme at all. "Vader, your completely bland, silver, pedestrian, econocar has arrived!!"

THIS

I'd be interested to see a clip of that interview ... because that kid has a CHD (congenital heart disease) ... just like me. And, apparently, the casting of him in that role was supposed to be an effort to help spread awareness. Not sure if that actually will work or not, though, since it wasn't referenced IN the commercial.

*shrugs*

My favorites:

Cars.com ... "The Reviews Are In"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRYLhkOV2so

Budweiser ... "Wild West"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utGsPnTMD9Q&feature=youtube_gdata

Mercedes Benz ... "Welcome"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLVCjnEGrqQ

NFL ... Best Fans / TV shows

http://vodpod.com/watch/5521054-nfl-tv-montage-best-fans-ever-super-bowl-commercial-hd

...including:

DALLAS theme

Brady Bunch

Happy Days

90210 (original)

Seinfield

The Office

Sopranos

Seinfield

Cheers

Golden Girls

Dukes of Hazzard

American Dad

Sesame Street

Family Matters

Alf

How I met Your Mother

Friends

Glee

Modern Family

Simpsons

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * meet_05.21.11_FrnkGrv.IL *

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Now, how do you feel?" __ Dido __ 'Don't Think Of Me'