Good Cars/Bad Cars

lauren

Of course, the CR artcile had most of the reibale cars be Japanese...although the Monte Carlo and Mariner made it in there too, a bit of a surprise (too bad no one really wants a Monte Carlo). Funny how no Europeans made it on the reiable list...and the media bashes Detroit for poor reliablity? hah! Is the Cobalt that unreiable? My best friend's mother bought a 2000 Dodge Neon new, and has never brought it in the shop for anything besides routine maintainance and brake pads. That thing still looks brand new 6 years later...seems pretty reliablle to me. aand omg it's American! heh

(too bad no one really wants a Monte Carlo).

plenty of people want monte carlos... they are actually a very popular car... i see alot of them around here and im sure in the south... where NASCAR is more popular... there are even more... im sick and tired of people downtalkin them just cuz they're front wheel drive... if you ever drove one you wouldnt be sayin this... trust me i know... i own one... and ive driven my friends RWD 05 mustang... i prefer mine by far... so please... stop with the trash talk about montes

plenty of people want monte carlos... they are actually a very popular car... i see alot of them around here and im sure in the south... where NASCAR is more popular... there are even more... im sick and tired of people downtalkin them just cuz they're front wheel drive... if you ever drove one you wouldnt be sayin this... trust me i know... i own one... and ive driven my friends RWD 05 mustang... i prefer mine by far... so please... stop with the trash talk about montes

Agreed. Montes are pretty tough cars too...I see a few take a beating, and just keep going..

At least the pickups and utilites can serve a purpose. What does an Italian sports car do besides be yellow, look funny, and break?

you know what's funny...?

In the morning, especially when it's cold, my car sounds like it has a nest of baby birds in the back of it.

Not quite sure what the sound is...I think it has something to do with the targa.

cheep cheap?

Agreed. Montes are pretty tough cars too...I see a few take a beating, and just keep going..

they really are... a while ago i was drivin my friend home from someplace... and i was goin to make a left hand turn when this ford cargo van came flyin up the road the other way and clipped the corner of my front bumper... he just kept goin... i pulled over and checked... no damage besides a little scraping in the paint

Oh yeah? My mistake then. I just don't see that many of them in my area (and not not a single one when i was in Witchita for 2 weeks). I'm curious how the refreshed one looks in person...

if you ever drove one you wouldnt be sayin this... trust me i know... i own one...

...as did I (2000 LS)...for 4 years. But, the minute I got behind the wheel of my buddy's then '87 MC LS ... I knew the 2000 LS was just not going to work for me any longer. And, when the 2000 got totaled due to a flood in '03 ... I scooped up my current daily driver, '87 MC LS ... and haven't regretted it (except for having to drive it in winter).....

*shrugs*

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"I wanna drive" ... Trace Adkins ... '(Her Favorite Color Is) Chrome'

To me, it seems like GM took everything I like about my Grand Prix, made it worse, then called it Monte Carlo. And I drove a 2000 Mustang V6, and that car will definately outhandle my Grand Prix GTP or any MC, and had a 5 speed, something not available on the W bodies. If only Grand Prixs were RWD with a manual :drool:

...as did I (2000 LS)...for 4 years.  But, the minute I got behind the wheel of my buddy's then '87 MC LS ... I knew the 2000 LS was just not going to work for me any longer.

well yeah... im not sayin that i woulnt prefer a powerful RWD car to my monte... im just sayin alot of people assume that bcuz its FWD its terrible... which it really isnt... especially the L67...

dodgefan... ive seen the refreshe ones... they look mean as hell... ive been seriously consiering trading mine in for an 06 SS... with a V8! :metal: