What Car is a Definite Home(r) Run?

Blake Noble

What Car is a Definite Home(r) Run?

Monday, 11th October, 2010 by "black-knight"

the-homer.jpg

I'm sure that if you're an average American you've probably watched Fox's long-running animated sitcom "The Simpsons" at one point in your lifetime. I'm also sure that if you're an average American who likes cars that's watched that aforementioned TV show, you know about The Homer, the car protagonist Homer Simpson designed himself for his half-brother's (Herb Powell) domestic automobile manufacturer, Powell Motors. Okay, well, if you didn't before now, now you do and you can see that hunk of fictional American metal in the header above.

Now, there's an old saying that goes, "Life imitates art." As strange as it may seem, there have been real Homers produced sometime during automotive history, cars with questionable, WTF! styling, features that really make no sense whatsoever (The Homer had three horns and a metal bowler for a hood ornament), and a demographic that seems to be made up of only one person.

I think my vote here has to go to the Nissan Juke. The styling is questionable, to put it politely, and it's supposed to appeal to young men with an "active" lifestyle, meaning they like to snowboard and constantly film themselves doing something stupid to feature on their YouTube channel. As we all know, in reality, guys like that typically drive 1989 Jeep Cherokees, are generally broke, have neckbeards, and only go snowboarding when they decide to load that particular disc into their game console.

So what's your vote go to?

Edited by black-knight

Anything from Honda right now, esp. the Crosstour, or really anything from Acura.

The Juke can join the Cube, Godzilla the GTR, and the Maxima was truely awful automotive deisngs that are "Homers"

The hideous new Mazda three...