Tricks? Treats? Spots?

ocnblu

Saw a very clean dark blue mid '60s Corvette roadster yesterday.

In a Target parking lot, I saw an '70s vintage Mercedes camper van, German number plates, a young blond couple getting out of it. Shipped it to the US for a cross country holiday, maybe?

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Took the wife's G6 to the dealer Monday for her free #3 LOF-tire rotation-27-point inspection that GM gave to Pontiac owners. While waiting, I browsed the lot and saw this beauty:

2011 GMC Sierra Regular Cab Short Bed Z71 2WD :lovey:

IMG_20101004_100139-1.jpg

IMG_20101004_100229-1.jpg

Went back today with the Envoy for some warranty issues and a LOF, and saw these GMCs that weren't on the lot Monday:

IMG_20101006_103859-1.jpg

(boy would that look nice in my driveway, parked next to the same-colored G6 my wife owns :lol: )

IMG_20101006_104137.jpg

All-Terrain Sierra's aren't too common on south Jersey, at least to my own observations.

Sadly, that beautiful '11 Regular Cab sold Monday night. I was hoping to take it out for a test drive today, but the new owner traded in a very well kept '04 GMC Sierra Regular Cab Z71 4WD Sportside :smile:

As a result of some parts not in-stock for the Envoy, they were keeping it overnight and the GMPP warranty gavce me this as my rental:

2010 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD

IMG_20101006_181822.jpg

IMG_20101006_181903.jpg

IMG_20101006_181913.jpg

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

I've tried configuring Short-bed Regular Cabs on both the US and Canadian websites and it seems to show them as unavailable; I wonder why.

I tried building that combo today and had difficulty using GM's site (GM.com, GMC.com, and the GM Supplier Discount site). I was able to select the model, trim, and bed lengths, but when selecting options I could not get what I wanted and eventually received error messages. I hope GM is not cancelling the shorty regular cabs; I realize they ae not huge sellers by any means, but they are still popular and not many dealers stock them on the lots (I was very surprised to see the black one Monday; even more shocked that it sold as quickly as it did). I know that the regular cab/long bed pickup will survive, as they are the work trucks of American businesses, but I pray GM doesn't cancel the shorty. I'm hoping to be able to finally get one in the next couple of years (new, not used).

I tried building that combo today and had difficulty using GM's site (GM.com, GMC.com, and the GM Supplier Discount site). I was able to select the model, trim, and bed lengths, but when selecting options I could not get what I wanted and eventually received error messages. I hope GM is not cancelling the shorty regular cabs; I realize they ae not huge sellers by any means, but they are still popular and not many dealers stock them on the lots (I was very surprised to see the black one Monday; even more shocked that it sold as quickly as it did). I know that the regular cab/long bed pickup will survive, as they are the work trucks of American businesses, but I pray GM doesn't cancel the shorty. I'm hoping to be able to finally get one in the next couple of years (new, not used).

If that's a 2011 pictured then it's especially perplexing. I tried using the 2010 MY Configurator as well months ago and they didn't have them either. Made me wonder especially since I see them on dealer lots and Ocn had one.

I've tried configuring Short-bed Regular Cabs on both the US and Canadian websites and it seems to show them as unavailable; I wonder why.

Friend of mine is thinking of getting a new F150 to replace his 2003. It seems short-bed regular cab F150s are also something of a unicorn.

Friend of mine is thinking of getting a new F150 to replace his 2003. It seems short-bed regular cab F150s are also something of a unicorn.

I wonder if Dodge even makes them...I didn't even realize the current gen Ram was available in a regular cab until I saw one a few weeks ago. Regular cab trucks (short or long bed) are a real rare sight anymore..

I wonder if Dodge even makes them...I didn't even realize the current gen Ram was available in a regular cab until I saw one a few weeks ago. Regular cab trucks (short or long bed) are a real rare sight anymore..

Yes, Ram (Dodge) currently offers a regular cab truck... a neighbor of mine has a standard Ram long bed 2WD. Regular cabs, long or short but usually long, are popular here in my area with local municipal government fleets and large businesses as maintenance trucks (I can think of PSE&G <Public Service Electric & Gas>, the NJ & PA Turnpike Authorities, and American Water off the top of my head as owners of 2WD regular cab long bed trucks). Cruise any GMC, Chevrolet, Ford or Dodge dealership and you'll see one base model "work truck" configuration on sale (regular cab, long bed, 2WD, base trim). Now the days of loaded up regular cab pickups, long or short, sitting on dealers lots waiting for customers is long gone - the BPG dealership by me that closed May 2008 use to stock two GMC Sierra SLE 4WD regular cabs - one short and one long and when they sold he'd reorder another one to replace it. Of course it usually took all year to sell it! :lol:

If GM makes the Holden Ute available here between 2013-2015, I may opt for that. Otherwise a regular cab, 4WD GMC Sierra is on my radar during that timeframe (still undecided if it will be short or long bed though, but GM can aid in that decision if they bring back the stepside/sportside bed option! :AH-HA: )

Saw an absolutely goregous creampuff triple black '71-72 Mercury Monterey 2dr ht this morning. Now that is an old Mercury I'd be crazy about like the song.

Only negative were the goofy '50s style wide whitewall tires w/ chrome reverse wheels and baby moon hubcaps. Ick. I'd rock it w/ narrow whitewall radials and Magnum 500s.

Case in point, here's a 2011 Sierra 1500 W/T Regular Cab Long Bed 2WD I saw at Faulkner Buick-GMC at the end of August:

post-418-018778100 1286468631.jpg

And in April, the dealership I bought my Envoy from had this gently used (only had 10k miles) 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 W/T Regular Cab Short Bed 4WD for sale in their GM Certified lot (first shortie I had seen in a long while):

post-418-097448400 1286468718.jpg

And just for the hell of it, here's what ocnblu's Sierra shortie looked like ;)

post-418-082966500 1286468997.jpg

post-418-018345400 1286469043.jpg

Walking into Chipotle for lunch, saw a middle aged woman walk out of the Jenny Craig store next door and get into a Porsche...not a safe, soft Cayenne or 911 cabrio, but a screaming yellow hardcore badazzmofo 911 GT3!

Saw a minty black '92-93 Mercedes 500E tonight...a very rare car--only about 1500 were imported to the US over 3 years. Very subtle sports sedan, not flashy like the AMG models of that era. This was a car I lusted over when I was in college..they still look great..I recognized it in the rear view mirror as was passing me, they have subtle differences from a regular 300E of that era.

Must have been a car show I saw a '74 Matador(Oh so that's a Matador) coupe butterscotch over caramel 360cid no less(that's why I'm guessing '74)

Also saw a bustle back black Imperial '81ish? I almost like them better than Seville's of that period they both way outclassed the Lincoln Versailles

Black on black '11 Ford Flex Titanium. The wheels, blacked out roof/pillars, grille and so forth make it sinister. Customer ordered unit, arrived Friday & left yesterday. First one in person I've seen.

'02 base blue Cavalier coupe with silver painted side ground effects and SS stickers. Not over the top, really, until the owner told me about it being a limited edition "special SS there are very few of"... :palm:

Must have been a car show I saw a '74 Matador(Oh so that's a Matador) coupe butterscotch over caramel 360cid no less(that's why I'm guessing '74)

I tell the early Matadors from the late by the front turn signals... round ('74-75) or square-ish ('76-'78).

The 360 was available during during that entire Matador's lifetime... '74-'78. In fact, you could also get the Matador with the 401 in '74 and '75... though only 4 '75 401 Matador coupe were built.

I was thinking that they dropped the 360 along with the 401 in '76

Went to lunch at the Mel O Dee in Park Layne outside of New Carlisle saw a near mint '74 Delta 88 'vert whit Blk. top White Int. 9 out of 10 car made me feel like a teen again :booyah:

I was thinking that they dropped the 360 along with the 401 in '76

I always thought that, too... but I had forgotten that AMC was using these engines in Jeeps. So the 401 actually lasted until '79 in Jeeps. The 304 lasted to '81. The shocker (at least to me) is that the 360 survived pretty far into the Chrysler era... until 1991!

The 360 has the distinction of being the last carbureted engine used in an American vehicle.

I always thought that, too... but I had forgotten that AMC was using these engines in Jeeps. So the 401 actually lasted until '79 in Jeeps. The 304 lasted to '81. The shocker (at least to me) is that the 360 survived pretty far into the Chrysler era... until 1991!

Yeah, in the big Grand Wagoneer...I don't think it ever used any Chrysler engines during it's length run..

Been seeing lots of fun cars out for cruises as the season comes to an end here in PA.

E-Type Jag (not the one I worked on).

Perfect '67 Chevelle hardtop with black top and deep maroon in color sporting original dog dish hubcaps on color-matched wheels.

Watched a Lotus Elise chasing a Maserati Quatroportte around.

Austin-Healey 3000

Lots more.

And, I saw a new Regal - seeing it "in the steel" didn't improve my opinion of it.

Saw this last Sunday (10/10), a '57 Chevy Bel-Air Sedan for sale (the seller is asking $15k) in the town I live in:

IMG_20101010_151704.jpg

Started a new job (temporary worker with Kelly Services) at a pharmacutecal company on Monday (10/11) and this was in their parking lot:

IMG_20101011_082409.jpg

Last Thursday night was my local fire company's "open house" night for fire prevention week and they had an antique apparatus display, which is where I saw these two Macks ('49 & '50):

IMG_20101007_194949.jpg

IMG_20101007_195135.jpg

(sorry they're crappy, was taken with my Droid phone in the dark)

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

Was back in Ohio for a long weekend...saw a variety of interesting cars..

Black w/ black vinyl top '70 Olds 442 2dr sedan (post)..very clean (at Columbus Aiport)

goldish-brown w/ white top '75/76 Le Sabre 4dr ht (looked kinda like the Flybrain car)-very clean-Columbus

gold '66 GTO 2dr ht--clean, I-71

bright green w/ gold stripes '69 Mustang Mach 1 being trailered, very clean I-71

bright blue w/ white vinyl top '72 Impala Sport Coupe--very clean I-71

At the Hot Rod City restaurant in New Philadelphia, Ohio I saw yesterday:

must have been a Ford car club outing--a group of older folks were there dining w/ their older cars--

lt green w/ dk green top '51 Mercury

two-tone green '56 Ford convertible

blue w/ white roof '56 Thunderbird

red '48 Ford coupe hot rod

black w/ flames '49 Ford Tudor

'66 Ford Fairlane conv bronze

'65 Ford Galaxie conv red

'79 Caddy Sedan De Ville --green, very clean

(here's some of the cars):

66270_1651741663296_1529653142_31651800_2067110_n.jpg

Here's another side of the restaurant:

69350_1651742823325_1529653142_31651803_1938738_n.jpg

And my 5.0 in the restaurant lot:

36048_1651769463991_1529653142_31651858_3333678_n.jpg

Plus inside the restaurant, a lt blue '66 Nova 2dr sedan, black '62 Bel Air 2dr sedan, and a '30s Chevy sedan.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Another new white '11 JGC Laredo on the road:

IMG_8195.jpg

Then hit the local GM lot for a Sunday browse around.

New '11 Tahoe LS 2wd. With the black plastic 100% gone and the recent '11 change adding the chrome strip to the body side molding on ALL models, even the "base" is a great looker now. Red Jewel helps.

IMG_4027.jpg

New '11 GMC Acadia Denali SOLD (with nicely done tag on the dash):

IMG_4581.jpg

IMG_9853.jpg

IMG_2317.jpg

New '11 Cruze 1LT in Ice Blue...liked it, but not my style. Very solid car, regardless:

IMG_6181.jpg

IMG_2343.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_8150.jpg

Edited by caddycruiser

My step-son's high school sponsored a Ford ride-and-drive Saturday afternoon to raise money for Project Graduation. For every person that tst-drove a new Ford, the local Ford-Lincoln-Mercury dealership donates $20 to the fundraiser. I had to go to help out, and got to drive a Ford F-150 STX 4WD Regular Cab Shortbed (my favorite combo), Here's a picture of the one I drove:

IMG_20101023_121725.jpg

Not bad at all, and I enjoyed the brief but fun experience.

Saw something scary and stomach-churning after lunch today..nearly hurled my pad thai... it was a '10 Camaro, painted a very bright light blue w/ a hot pink stripe down the middle, hot pink side stripes, and insanely huge (probably 26 or 30 inch) wheels--pink rims and light blue centers, on rubber band tires.

Must be the Camaro WTF edition... :)

Saw something scary and stomach-churning after lunch today..nearly hurled my pad thai... it was a '10 Camaro, painted a very bright light blue w/ a hot pink stripe down the middle, hot pink side stripes, and insanely huge (probably 26 or 30 inch) wheels--pink rims and light blue centers, on rubber band tires.

Must be the Camaro WTF edition... :)

If it saves an older Cutty from being donked...it's worth it.

White Fiesta SES hatch... Enterprise rental car. Makes me wonder if Ford is really doing as well with this car as we're told.

Ford fleets all their models, wouldn't surprise me to see one as a rental. Don't think it necessarily means anything as far as consumer sales..

Saw an odd one this morning....came up behind a slinky new black Infiniti M37/45..but it wasn't..

It was a Nissan Fuga w/ Michigan plates.

I wonder who was driving a Nissan Fuga w/ Michigan plates at 6:20am in Chandler, AZ? Press? Corporate?