G5 Official; LaCrosse Super; 2007 Enclave!

Mule Bakersdozen LS

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...MOTORSPORTSNEWS

Not sure if it was posted yet, but here;s my take:

Good Points: Montana SV6 in its current form dies, LaCrosse Super is confirmed and coming, and Enclave will be a 2007 model!

Bad Points: The G5 name, if its not changed enough from Cobalt, ("It looks like a Cobalt." That's a nasty phrase...).

I don't like the feeling on saying it's just under 15,000.

Looking at current Cobalt coupe lineup, the LT is 15920, and it's the 2.2L

That means the G5 will start with the 2.2L as well. Straight overlap.

I don't get why they won't just bring a base G6 coupe, wheel covers, 2.4L and put the pricing along with the base sedan. Unless there is a capacity problem with the 2.4L, but if this is the case, it means the G5 won't be getting 2.4L as a starter for sure either.

Edited by ToniCipriani

There will be a base model and a performance model they said-so maybe this could be an SJ with a 2.4-liter DOHC ECOTEC 175hp I-4, while a GT (Formula preferred) could have the SS Supercharged 2.0-liter DOHC 205hp (or more?) I-4.

All good news!!!

With the addition of the G5 (Cobalt as it may be) and lower end G6, combined with the small sales bump from Torrent; Pontiac should be able to sustain itself. Below $15,000... Wow.

20,000 Solsti sounds nice too.... I think the B/P/GMC channel does need another entry level car besides the Vibe.

Lacrosse Super should help Buick that much more!