Internal Alarm Clock

Sixty8panther

Went to bed at 3:49am, set Alarm Clock for 7:40am,

I startled myself awake (nightmare) and litteraly as soon as I stood up out of bed and starred at the alarm clock it turned from 7:39 to 7:40 and the alarm went off. Less than 2 seconds after my having woken up.

What's more creepy than the fact that my alarm clock is Atomic Clock accurate is the fact that this heppens quite often. Bizzare & frankly, a bit perplexing.

Anyone else have this happen on occasion?

Sixty8, I'm in the same boat. If I make a mental note the night before, I will wake up seconds before the alarm goes off.

Now, the problem is, if I fail to set my alarm, and I wake up at the correct time, my internal "snooze" button doesn't work right--giving me an extra "hour" of sleep when maybe I'd want 10 more minutes LOL

I WISH I was that way.

In all honesty, I'll sleep until 2:00 in the afternoon unless someone wakes me up regardless of what time I went to sleep the night before. Alarm clocks literally have no effect on me when I'm sleeping. The worst part is that I HATE wasting the day sleeping.

I can easily sleep more than 12 hours at a time.

I had a weird spell this summer where I would wake up many days at 5:55 AM (I had to be to work by 7), even though my alarm was set for 6:15. Not 5:54 or 5:56...5:55 AM exactly. Even here at school, I usually wake up 10-15 minutes before my alarm clock goes off, and every time it freaks me out because I think that I overslept.

Edited by mustang84

Happens to me pretty often...I set the alarm for my usual 5:30, and I'm awake at 5:25-5:29....then I hear the clock click softly right before the alarm sounds and shut it off..

If I forget to set the alarm, I'm still awake at 5:30... though I try and sleep in late on the weekends (7).

Alright, so I'm not loosing my marbles.

I mean it's happened a few dozen times in my life but this time it was creepy. It was litteraly like 1.75 sec. between me waking up and the alarm going off. Bizzare.

The worst part is that I HATE wasting the day sleeping.

*nods*

I know this feeling all too well. When I was off work with the abdominal pains (medical leave), I'd find myself setting my alarm for 10:30 in the morning ... but invariably not completely waking up until about 1pm in the afternoon. I'd be so frustrated that I'd slept so long that I wouldn't do much the rest of the day :(.

But, on workdays, most of the time, my alarm will go off, but I won't remember hearing it go off. Then, I'm usually up a half hour later.

*shrugs*

And, yeah, Sixty8, you sure aren't alone in this :).

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"So tired that I couldn't even sleep" ... Soul Asylum ... 'Runaway Train'

I WISH I was that way. 

In all honesty, I'll sleep until 2:00 in the afternoon unless someone wakes me up regardless of what time I went to sleep the night before.  Alarm clocks literally have no effect on me when I'm sleeping.  The worst part is that I HATE wasting the day sleeping. 

I can easily sleep more than 12 hours at a time.

I am exactly the same way.