Mother May I?

ocnblu

Saw this barreling down Rt. 30 (Lincoln Highway) yesterday evening. Don't know the year Dodge Coronet.

post-51-12738493329836.png

'56, I think...'55-56 was a transitional period for Mopars between the upright stodginess of the early 50s and the lower longer wider finned '57-59 designs...

Saw a clean '75 or so Chevy longbed pickup yesterday, orange w/ white roof and original looking (faded) graphics on the sides...

Went to a car show...some cool stuff...

72 LTD Convertible, factory triple black factory 429 car, was actually parked in a garage and forgotten for 14 years...

51 Hudson, like Doc Hudson in Cars, black, nice...

Couple of nice Fox Bodies, thought of Cubitar...

Ratty 65 Grand Prix, thought of Balthazar...

Rice to the max accord, female owner, thought of Siegen...

Went to a car show...some cool stuff...

72 LTD Convertible, factory triple black factory 429 car, was actually parked in a garage and forgotten for 14 years...

:drool: The '71 & '72 are my favorite big Fords...lower longer wider, the last year before the park bench bumpers. I esp. like the '71 w/ the 3 piece taillights and grille treatment.

When I went to pick my car up from Pep Boys, I saw a Rambler 700 Classic sedan. Tan, and in the parking lot waiting for service. Someone has been taking care of that one.

As a matter of fact, there's an old (probably from the same decade) Buick about two stores down that I need to go get a closer look at. It's for sale.

Pontiacs in the area...

1955 Pontiac Star Chief:

4cb544e7.jpg

26aacdee.jpg

16253507.jpg

*Suffering from a right foot injury, so wife has driving duty during the nights & weekends (sounds like a cell phone plan :lol: ). Saw this at an auto recycling yard on Route 206 outside of Columbus, NJ. It must have been there a while, but being a passenger for the first time ever I just noticed it.

ffcd6d15.jpg

Directly behind the '55 Pontiac is a '58 Chevy sedan (not pictured), and then the '57 Buick and '66/'67 Chevelle. Also this is nearby :

6887a9c5.jpg

And this is out front:

8fe85edd.jpg

The neighbor down the street took his friends on vacation this week (he drove his new '10 electric blue Challenger), and this has been outside of his house teasing me all week:

632a32c5.jpg

An early '70s GMC 2500 or 3500 dump body in my town:

522b158d.jpg

Forgot to post last month a find at the Buick-GMC dealership in Marlton, NJ:

(2010 GMC Canyon Extended Cab SLE-1 V8 ZQ8 in Sonoma Red Mtallic)

990d3507.jpg

d04be2e1.jpg

:lovey: to all!!

^ Sweet sightings, GMTG! Not that it matters much, but the Buick is a '55 Special. I spy a '55 Chrysler behind the Firebird. Wonder what's under the other covers ??

I was just down by the Columbus market last month- but I don't kno this place.

-- -- -- -- --

Yesterday:

'72 'cuda hardtop, silver, exc shape, MoPar snorkel hood, front runners, drag car on trailer (towed by F-150 tho :confused0071: ).

'68 Charger R/T hardtop, black over red, factory, flawless, rumbling up Rt 18.

'67 Camaro hardtop, black over red, cowl hood, VG-EX shape, front runners, gassin' up.

Shelby 427 Cobra, typical blue w/ white stripes, bellowing down highway.

'56 Bel Air 4-dr sedan, white over orange creme, factory, decked out, looked flawless, for sale.

circa '29 Model A pick-up, green over black w/ yellow wires, factory, flawless, poot-pooting along.

Edited by balthazar

The first 'clear' picture of the '55 Pontiac was possible due to the chained gate having a wide opening. I didn't dare step inside (private property), but I could have fit through the gate opening because I was tempted to see what else is in there (too many covered up vehicles peaked my interest). This auto recycling yard is about 2-3 miles south of Columbus Flea Market, right on Route 206 (right past the Route 537 light). I work near here and pass by from time to time (not the most direct way home), but with the wife driving lately I've begun to notice a lot of older, parked (roadside) cars than I have in the past. Sorry about the Buick, I looked quickly at the picture and thought I saw the little turn signals like the '57s have (I actually like the '55 & '56 Buicks better!).

Saw a dark blue 'grandpa bling' style '10 LaCrosse in traffic today...dark blue, fake tan carriage roof, chrome trim on the B-pillars and around the windows, chromed mirrors, gold badging on the C-pillars, decklid and gold hood ventiports...whitewall tires and chromed wheels.

Last-gen Century at the gas station, driven by a young fellow. Three oval ventiports per fender, but no other modifications. I wanted to look him in the eye, shake his hand and congratulate him on a job well done. It's about time I see those things on a car they belong on.

Last-gen Century at the gas station, driven by a young fellow. Three oval ventiports per fender, but no other modifications. I wanted to look him in the eye, shake his hand and congratulate him on a job well done. It's about time I see those things on a car they belong on.

Yes! Finally!

I saw a Carbon Black/Cashmere '10 Lacrosse CXL with the chromies today...these things get me every time. What a looker on the road, especially in these colors. Made the new Benz next to it at the light look cheap.

On the commute this morning, saw a few interesting Chevys, from old to new. Saw a sharp copper w/ white roof '59 Chevy 4dr wagon, rolling on 18" TTs. A couple min later, I saw a very clean '81-85 Caprice 4dr in a gold-bronze w/ tan vinyl top, whitewalls, and the wire-wheel hubcaps that were common then. Got to work, parked next to a '10 Camaro (new w/ temporary tag) in a retina-searing Mountain Dew metallic green..is this the 'Synergy Green' color? First I've seen in this color...was an LT.

Also saw a dark gray Porsche Panamera at the coffee shop...first one I think I've seen in person..even uglier in person than in photos.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

1968 Skylark Custom convertible, maroon with white top and a definite patina. "LOLIFE" on the license plate, dual pipes rumbling along as I rode behind.

Why doesn't Buick sell a convertible in 2010?

1968 Skylark Custom convertible, maroon with white top and a definite patina. "LOLIFE" on the license plate, dual pipes rumbling along as I rode behind.

Why doesn't Buick sell a convertible in 2010?

Not to mention Buick hasn't had a 2dr anything in over a decade. Coupe and convertible versions of the new Regal could be quite nice..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

a late model ZR1 clone. thought it was one at first then noticed that the plexiglass dome on the hood was missing and there wasnt a carbon fiber roof.. the thing had badges wheels, even the ducts for the brakes.

Edited by cletus8269

Opal White '10 Lacrosse CXS with tinted windows & the 19" wheels in traffic. Buick sedan or not, every time I see one of these, it's so picture worthy. Just stunning, and in today's sun, the colors and trim of this one, and the ugly traffic around it, was really getting attention.

1-19.jpg

1-20.jpg

1-21.jpg

Today....lots of interesting oldies in Friday light traffic.

A long bed, small rear window '67 Chevy pickup w/ 'CST' cab badging, white bumpers, painted what appeared to be '68 Camaro Mullsanne Blue. Clean.

A yellow '71-72 short bed Chevy pickup w/ large chrome wheels.

A car hauler w/ 3 '70s survivors...in original, worn but restorable shape--a black '73-74 Cuda w/ the sugar scoop hood, a dark blue w/ white top '73-74 Challenger, and a blue base Firebird of the same vintage..interesting.

A sharp white w/ gold stripe '73 Cutlass 442.

A rat rod style Model A tudor w/ open hood sides parked on a freeway breakdown lane. Satin black, red wire wheels, whitewall tires.

A late model interesting car was a bright red C5 Z06..

Dark brown '08 Lacrosse Super. This was the longest running old leftover at the local GM dealer, just kept getting moved around & around, and was there through the sale/name change of the dealer, getting a new sticker. Finally after 2+ years, an older lady (I think) locally bought it finally.

Only Super I've ever seen in person, and still do.

1-23.jpg

1-22.jpg

Went shopping. All new stuff, but when dealer hopping, that's to be expected.

'10 Laser Blue Silverado with chrome gear. Saw a fresh '10 Denali XL in the same shade, recently finally showing up. Kinda pops.

1-28.jpg

1-25.jpg

1-26.jpg

Twin to my truck, but a '10 and new Sheer Silver.

1-27.jpg

SIM '10 Camaro SS with a custom grille covering the entire front, lights included, on the new lot.

1-24.jpg

White Diamond '10 Avalanche LTZ & a Taupe Gray '10 Avalanche Z71 2wd--I originally test drove the latter, before buying my '09.

1-30.jpg

1-31.jpg

And one oldie, a maroon '91 Custom Cruiser in really nice shape from a distance, at a little house/lot.

1-29.jpg

Stayed at home today and watched 3 auto races (Turkish GP, Indy 500, Coca-Cola 600)..didn't go out. But last night went to a concert and saw a sharp white w/ wood grain '90s Roadmaster wagon in very clean shape, w/ a set of 16" chrome TTs..

Saw a clean white '60 Buick LeSabre 4dr sedan in a carport w/ the rear axle off and the rear propped up about 4 feet in the air. I've seen this car for a while, was sitting on the street in front of it's house previously.