Mother May I?

ocnblu

A few goodies out running around.

About to turn on Rt. 1, saw a stunning metallic black on black brand new '10 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost, the chrome wheels sparkling and red "S" on the trunk really visible. Followed it into a shopping center & then snapped some shots. What a looker, in this trim, colors, these wheels, and the Ecoboost specific look bits.

1-11.jpg

1-12.jpg

1-13.jpg

Same place after I did some shopping, came out & a brand new pristine black on black GMC Sierra crew was parked against my Av, with PA tags. Nice truck, really nice truck. Great seeing it next to my also new Av, black & white in more than one way.

1-14.jpg

1-15.jpg

Beside the trucks was an also brand new, temp tagged navy blue Nissan Armada. They've made upgrades over the years, and with the chrome wheels, trim and mucho upgraded interior, this thing was also a looker. Don't see new ones lately, only once in a while like this.

Also again in the same lot, a white '07/08 Avalanche Z71 twin to mine, but 4wd, a black pinstripe and filthy beyond belief. Eck. 2 little dogs sitting inside with a window part way open, in the heat, too. Local truck, but I've never seen it before.

Edited by caddycruiser

This morning on the way to Wawa I saw:

-That nasty pro-street Mopar again.

-An early Nova convertible ('65ish), top down cruising.

-A Smart in the lot at Wawa, looking stupid.

Yesterday:

A Chrome-bumper era 911 making the most of an on-ramp.

On my way home from daytripping to the campground, I saw two ladies with long gray hair standing on the opposite shoulder of the highway, arms folded. Their tattered yellow '69 Firebird convertible sat motionless... hood up. I just got this weird vibe that they were spinster sisters, recluses, who bought the car new.

What else, but a Grand Le Mans!

Not a nice 75 or 76 coupe, but the downsized 78 sedan. It was the medium cream and looked a little frumpy, but, hey, it was turning on a major intersection in Portland.

My eyes would have popped out of my head had it been a mint-condition 75 or 76.

Grand Le Mans, baby!

Saw an extremely strange SUV Saturday night in downtown Denver, in a dimly lit parking lot. It was an Isuzu Axxiom, lifted on large tires (maybe 35 inch), chrome wheels, chrome bull bar on the front, chrome side bars below the doors, and chrome roll-bar style bars up and over the roof, outlining the rear hatch and windshield..connected on top w/ a chrome roof rack w/ a pair of large spare tires. Had a chrome air filter snorkel stack on the front fender.

The oddest detail, though,was the lack of Isuzu badging--it had Subaru Outback badging on the rear hatch and rear quarter panels. Truly wierd...wonder what the story w/ this one was.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Followed this black '88 Chevy crew cab truck home. Don't see too many of this era lately, especially crew cabs or diesels, and the 6.2L badge caught my eye. For Sale sign in the back window said '88, 75k miles, 6.2L, and $5,000.

1-16.jpg

Edited by caddycruiser

^ That can't have been an '88; I used to drive one. That was a redesign year for the pickup.

To answer the original post, I saw a disconcertingly high number of new Lexus RXs yesterday on my way to work, each one as bland as the other.

^ That can't have been an '88; I used to drive one. That was a redesign year for the pickup.

Only the light duty Silverados were redesigned for '88..the heavy duty (3500?) models kept the '73-87 style through '91...

A bunch of stuff...two survivor Chevrolet's a 1937 Maroon 4 door and a dark grey 1940 two door Deluxe, being towed on a trailer east of Columbus. Caught up with the guy at a truck stop, and other than a little paint work, both cars were all original and really kind of nice.

blue 1958 Chevrolet Cameo Truck, nice.

A whole strong of GM cars in black, two unrelated but identical Auroras in the front, followed by a black HHR, a black mid 70's Camaro, several Black Suburbans, another olds, a late model Vette, a silverado...and a bunch of other cars...all GM, all black. Odd.

Usually do my own oil changes, but work has been picking up and I've been lacking time, got the oil changed at the local Ford garage. Mint, perfect, one owner 1975 Maverick, in the garage with my Miata...flawless shape, babied...haven't seen that nice of a Maverick since the 70's...

What else, but a Grand Le Mans!

Not a nice 75 or 76 coupe, but the downsized 78 sedan. It was the medium cream and looked a little frumpy, but, hey, it was turning on a major intersection in Portland.

My eyes would have popped out of my head had it been a mint-condition 75 or 76.

Grand Le Mans, baby!

My dad had a 1975 Grand LeMans coupe in that powder blue color for a long time.

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

Blue last-gen Jetta wagon, lowered with chrome rims, chrome door handles, and an Acura emblem hanging underneath the rear end like truck nutz, cute brown boy driving with a sideways hat and bumping speakers.

Synergy Green Camaro coming at me in the opposite lane on a grass median-divided avenue, exchanged glances with the proud driver, noticed the temporary registration in the back window. Wickedly cool.

Maroon '95/96 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, all stock and great shape, Vogue tires on the factory chrome wheels. Roared forward, ahh, LT1.

On the road south, a black 2LT/RS Camaro blacked out a bit more with emblems and such. Menacing. Love watching these things go down the road, even our own.

1-18.jpg

Parked beside a blue base model Lincoln MKT at the liquor store today. All stock, aside from a nasty green & silver pinstripe...cue old guy...

By the time I came out, I saw the driver's door open & the apparent owner showing it, an older guy who just got out of a Grand Marquis quizzing him about everything, and then an older lady walking from it with a big smile. She passed me, said "did you see that new Lincoln? It's absolutely beautiful. But $45k!" I just smiled back and said, yep, but it is a Lincoln, so...

Interesting encounter I never expected. My big white still temp tagged Avalanche right next to it didn't get a blink from the oldies;-)

Went past the neighborhood BPGC store, had not one but two Grandpa edition '10 La Crosses---a white one and a maroon one--both w/ tan carriage tops, gold trim, white wall tires and chrome wheels. I wonder if they have AM radios also..

Went past the neighborhood BPGC store, had not one but two Grandpa edition '10 La Crosses---a white one and a maroon one--both w/ tan carriage tops, gold trim, white wall tires and chrome wheels. I wonder if they have AM radios also..

Dealer name please? I will report them. Seriously.

Would have liked to see pictures. I like the carriage tops on some cars.

I don't know why those AZ dealers are proud of those butchered up grandpa-editions. When I was in AZ at Christmastime I stopped into Kachina Cadillac on Scottsdale Road and they had a tarted up white DTS in the showroom of all places- sharing real estate with the CTS-V, CTS Wagon and SRX. I have absolutely nothing against the DTS, I quite like it in fact, but all that crap just spoils the lines of the car. I mean this thing had a white cloth top, pinstripes, and those stupid aftermarket chrome door trim pieces- and they didn't do it to just some base DTS- it was Lux IV version with Nav and Walnut trim.

Unbelievable what I was beside in the usual traffic jam on the way home yesterday (for you Ontarians: westbound 401, just east of the 404/DVP)

In order:

Mercedes/McLaren SLR

Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead (aka convertible)

Bugatti Veyron

Lamborghini Murcielago

Here are some photos people took once they got where they were going:

photos

I have never seen a 'carriage top' on either gen of CTS- nor on a LaC. A number of camry carriage tops, tho.

'68 Cadillac Coupe deVille, black primer, a bit rough, parked.

circa '68 Corvette, dark blue, great shape, rollin'.

'circa '53 Plymouth 2-dr sedan, black primer, a bit rough, parked.

In St. Michaels, MD today... my first Lexus 250h, in pearl white. What a pathetic little box of a car.

...agreed...saw a Pinto in a parking lot today...in a sea of Lexus, Camry, Accord, Hyundai et al...it was the most graceful thing in the parking lot...other than a dark blue G8 GXP...

Oh yeah... almost forgot.

Thursday while on my way to DC, we passed a Buick Grand National.

I love the Grand National!

In St. Michaels, MD today... my first Lexus 250h, in pearl white. What a pathetic little box of a car.

Saw the same car, same color, yesterday, crossing paths with me on the road. Jersey tags, older couple inside, just cruising along. Such a luxury piece :blush:

Black '07+ Avalanche Z71 glimpse yesterday, passing down the street. Nice. Later driving down Rt. 1, a Diamond White Avalanche LTZ pulled onto the road beside me, lady driving. Nice. Later, another one, identical, ended up beside me, guy eyed me, I nodded back. Av nod :AH-HA:

Opal White '10 Lacrosse CXL cruising through Rehoboth. Looked like a piece of art rolling in the sun, amidst the Camry's, robo-ccord's, and dime a dozen Benz's.

I don't know why those AZ dealers are proud of those butchered up grandpa-editions.

They have a large retiree population in AZ, so their probably is a lot of demand for the geezer bling..probably the same in S. Florida and other retiree hotspots..

Saw a maroon DTS done that way today--it went even further w/ the fake continental kit on the rear..

Today at lunch--

Saw a base '10 Camaro..first I've seen on the road w/ the steel wheels. Dark blue.

Saw two current-style CTSes--one in the dark, dark red (black cherry) that I really like, and the other in a medium purplish blue--never seen that color.

Saw a current style DTS in Mary Kay pink w/ Mary Kay graphics...

Saw a minty clean triple gold '77-79 Lincoln Continental coupe (not a MK V, but the regular Lincoln). Love those 5000lb '70s land yachts.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar