Damn it, Volkswagen!

Cory Wolfe

Need a big box to put all those parts in (like modelers do w/ 1:25th scale model parts). Shake a parts box, never know what you are going to find. So do you have enough parts to combine together to build 1 driveable car?

Boy that'd drive me nuts enough to go and buy a reliable car, like a Cob- oh wait.

Once the almighty Golf is on the road, the Cobalt is being given away to Goodwill. They're expanding the building just for my little donation. :P

You took that picture from your helicopter?

Garage roof. It makes a great vantage point.

Making a Harlequin Jetta?

I wish. I only have one of the Harlequin colors unfortunately, and that car is the wrecked one. Ooopsie.

So do you have enough parts to combine together to build 1 driveable car?

One? I have enough for two! If I had a bare shell that wasn't damaged, I could easily build it up alongside my Golf and have parts to spare afterwords.

Out of my searching for parts, I've found that I tend to buy things I really don't need or I will simply buy something I do need, but end up getting the wrong one. There's also my ever changing mind. I tend to make an amendment to my plans halfway into executing them. To put everything into perspective, I've spent more money on parts I didn't need than I did for the car itself. :D

The good news out of all this, however, is that I am just a few parts shy of getting the Golf on the road and it happens to be the only mechanical part; one that needs replaced because I busted it myself. The rest have been pure cosmetics and amenities. Once it's done and I have all my pictures sorted, I'll try to put it all together in a build thread of sorts. However, this is, in reality, only the beginning. Once it's on the road, and the Sunfire replaces the Cobalt, I do have further plans. I am eventually going to rebuild & tune the engine, redo all the suspension pieces; struts, control arms, bushings, etc., redo the brakes, more bodywork & eventual respray, and more than likely I'll switch more parts that I don't necessarily have planned at the moment. I do happen to have a parts wish list if I even get to that point.

Here, have a tease:

Golftease.jpg

• 3 weeks later...