Mitsubishi Prices 2007 Eclipse Spyder Under $26K

Variance

Mitsubishi Prices 2007 Eclipse Spyder Under $26,000

Date posted: 02-04-2006

LA JOLLA, Calif. — The 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder, which goes on sale in March, will start at $25,984, including a $595 destination charge, for the base GS model.

The uplevel GT model will start at $28,864, including destination, the company said.

A leather package on the GS includes such items as heated front seats and side mirrors; it adds another $980. The $1,980 premium sport package on the GT includes 18-inch wheels, leather seats, heated front seats, automatic temperature control, and aluminum pedals. A windscreen is a dealer-installed option, but pricing has not been set on that feature.

The GS model is powered by a 162-horsepower, 2.4-liter, four-cylinder engine mated to a five-speed manual transmission or an optional four-speed automatic. The Spyder GT's 3.8-liter V6 produces 260 hp and 258 pound-feet of torque and is teamed with a standard six-speed manual transmission or an optional five-speed automatic. Both models come with an automatic cloth top and a standard 650-watt Rockford Fosgate audio system.

What this means to you: Mitsubishi has priced its Eclipse Spyder smack in the middle of an intensely competitive set that includes such varied offerings as the Volkswagen New Beetle convertible, the Toyota Solara, and the Nissan 350Z.

Posted Image

Link: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=109183

That massive vestigial vent window only looks worse on the Spyder...ungainly. I don't understand why they can't fit the glass into the door like virtually everyone else does.

Better forward visibility, probably. All cars with door-mounted side mirrors have them.

Better forward visibility, probably. All cars with door-mounted side mirrors have them.

That or it may be an aerodynamics thing when the windows (and/or roof) are opened, due to the overall shape of the car.

I like it. Aside from the brake problems, I think the Eclipse is a pretty cool car.

Does anyone believe GM made a mistake by putting a hardtop in the G6 convertible? I mean, sure it is the only midsize convertible with a hardtop but it is also one of the most expensive. For a loaded base model or even mid to high-grade Eclipse or Solara, you are getting a base G6.

Ugh.

Is it still a FWD torque-steering beast?

162-horsepower 2.4-liter? What does it redline at, 4000rpms? That doesn't sound like a sporty engine at all. I would take a 170hp 1.6L in a lightweight Civic any day. But I guess people will buy the V6 if they want to go fast.

And it's ugly to boot. Where's the 2nd gen Turbo Eclipse when you need it??? They still haven't managed to improve on that design even after 10 years.

Ugh.

Is it still a FWD torque-steering beast?

162-horsepower 2.4-liter? What does it redline at, 4000rpms? That doesn't sound like a sporty engine at all. I would take a 170hp 1.6L in a lightweight Civic any day. But I guess people will buy the V6 if they want to go fast.

And it's ugly to boot. Where's the 2nd gen Turbo Eclipse when you need it??? They still haven't managed to improve on that design even after 10 years.

I wonder how the G6 convertible will compare..

I think it's a strengthening thing on the convertible..lessens windshield frame shake..

or

since the coupe has it also.---with the slope of the glass and shape of the door, a full-width window probably probably wouldn't lower all the way..