Word Association

Charger4U

Verrazano Narrows Bridge

My response to thread:

Guido

(you know, way too many Italians with too much chest hair and too many gold chains live on both sides of it, so much so that they used it on 'Saturday Night Fever' as it was a good frame of reference) :lol:

My response to thread:

Guido

(you know, way too many Italians with too much chest hair and too many gold chains live on both sides of it, so much so that they used it on 'Saturday Night Fever' as it was a good frame of reference) :lol:

Response to thread: Sopranos

Bob, I just think its a cool bridge, and underrated in terms of its significance.

Response to thread: Sopranos

Bob, I just think its a cool bridge, and underrated in terms of its significance.

Response to thread: Emmy

the camber in it (right term? where's a CE when you need one?) is quite noticeable compared to that of the GG

Lou Harrison

Bob, Camber is the correct term if you are talking about the angles between the towers and the draping of the steel wires. I like the GG, too, but of the two bridges that lead to S.F. the Bay Bridge is my favorite. I think its an underdog and underappreciated as well. The new east span will be amazing when it gets done. I will fly out and see it when after it opens.

Brush

@ Bob - yes, Ponte 25 de Abril looks similar to the Golden Gate :) IIRC it either designed/engineered or built by the same company. Back to my Literature Review and Dissertation Project now. I effin' hate having to do this stuff, as I am completely untalented with regard to academic research.

Chest

Congrats on being accepted to grad school, and thanks for the well wishes, K.C.!

I'm halfway through the assigment and I'll have it all finished by next Tuesday night. My deadline is next Thursday so all's fine and dandy.

I'm not being ambitious on this one... As long as I get a passing grade so I can finish the curricular part, I'll be happy. We're all migrating to a new curriculum that is recognized all over the EU, so I'll be able to opt for a Final Project instead of a 'traditional' Thesis (*feels relieved*). I'm leaning towards my Final Project being a research note with a price target recommendation for my favourite car company. As you may have guessed already, that's GM :AH-HA_wink:

ZL-1, sounds great man. Thanks for the well wishes too!

My response to thread:

aureola

KC, what curriculum will you be doing in grad school?....having done that drill 3x :stupid: ...I sympathize but also applaud you...

ZL, I read somewhere that Salazar instructed them to give the Lisbon span as close as to the proportions of the GG that they could. I think it's only a little bit shorter, by a hair. However, the cross-bracing on the towers is nothing like the art-deco type "layering" of the GG's towers so, in that respect, it differs. Gosto muito do Ponte 25 de Abril e eu foi no ponte com o minho automovil alugado para visitar Cristo Rei, Caparica e Seisimbra no verao de 2005!

Edited by trinacriabob

My response to thread:

aureola

KC, what curriculum will you be doing in grad school?....having done that drill 3x :stupid: ...I sympathize but also applaud you...

ZL, I read somewhere that Salazar instructed them to give the Lisbon span as close as to the proportions of the GG that they could. I think it's only a little bit shorter, by a hair. However, the cross-bracing on the towers is nothing like the art-deco type "layering" of the GG's towers so, in that respect, it differs. Gosto muito do Ponte 25 de Abril e eu foi no ponte com o minho automovil alugado para visitar Cristo Rei, Caparica e Seisimbra no verao de 2005!

My response to thread: Body part

Bob, I am thinking of going into the world of education. Sure the pay is low, but I want to do something meaningful in my life before it's too late.