So, I saw my first '06 Sedona today...

Flybrian

The new Sedona, Sonata, and Spectra are all indications that Hyundai/Kia have progressed to become a tier-one automaker, product-wise, IMO. The Sedona is now as good as the Japanese competition, no longer fighting the price wars with the domestic vans. I only wish it were more original... as competent as it may be, nothing stands out, so why not go for the established brands?

Um...I don't know how you say that as the Sedona literally just came out...

I mean as in "how good the product is", not how well they're selling. The Sedona is good enough that it shouldn't require insane rebates and so on.

Edited by empowah

I mean as in "how good the product is", not how well they're selling.

Ah I see. Well, the interior still needs work, IMO, and obviously the exterior. I can't find out how heavy this Kia is because I wonder if its any lighter than the hog of a Sedona the old one was.

Oh, and while the Odyssey's lines work well on the Odyssey, this thing looks ghastly on the road. Seriously. It just looks odd.

Ah I see. Well, the interior still needs work, IMO, and obviously the exterior. I can't find out how heavy this Kia is because I wonder if its any lighter than the hog of a Sedona the old one was.

It's no worse than the cheap plastics used by Toyota, Honda, or Nissan, IMO, though the second row buckets are a bit small, and the third row seat bottom is too low. The Odyssey is still by far the passenger-carrying benchmark, and probably fuel economy, acceleration, handling...

But, yeah, the Sedona is now "competitive."

And, yes, the new Sedona is lighter by ~500 pounds.

That's good. I know the last one was a hog because of that bad engine and its high gross weight. I just can't stand the design of the Sedona or most Hyundai/Kia products, even inside. I don't understand the cheapo black plastic extending aimlessly into the upper dash and I also don't understand why they can't use anything besides the same fifteen-cent pea green LCD travel clock they've been using since 1988.

Guest YellowJacket894

Ah! Wolf in sheep's clothing. It was Sciguy.

Damn scroll bar at the bottom of the page... I have got to get a better computer with a monitor featuring a resolution bigger than 800 x 600.