Return of the prodigal son

Camino LS6

To put it lightly... ALOT!!! :D

Let's see... My GA ran into loads of engine problems and I am now selling it, along with my ATV. It will most likely pay for a 91-93 Nissan 240SX (since I still can't get a Fiero) unless I find a 5th gen GA that I can afford. At the moment, that looks unlikely unless I get more money out of my GA by swapping in a good Quad4, but I don't want to put effort into the thing, or money for that matter incase something breaks... again. That and I don't really have the tools or the garage to do it. What else has happened with me? Hmm... just search for threads started by me in the lounge. Specifically ones not dealing with cars. Searching for the word depression or sexuality might help. As if that doesn't give you any hints... :P

Welcome back, though. Wasn't the same around here without some PA guy with an awesome Firehawk. B)

All things C&G and all things GM are what I'm wanting to catch-up on. No offense,BV, but personal stuff wasn't exactly what I meant.

So, hit me with the highlights and headlines. :AH-HA_wink:

BTW: Love the GT in your sig,91

GM's still improving, Ford's still lost, Toyota's still the Anti-Christ. :AH-HA_wink:

Uhhh, if you want any more details, just check out the NAIAS thread in the car show section. It's probably the best spot to find out about what's been going on.

And another thing: With the release of the Enclave and Camaro concept, Bob Lutz, in one fell swoop, dispelled the myth that he is bad for GM design. (One that until recently, I also believed.)

In a similarly abrupt turn of events in the design world, the Chrysler Imperial concept dispelled any belief that Trevor Creed and Co. over at Chrysler have any idea what the hell they're doing.

All things C&G and all things GM are what I'm wanting to catch-up on. No offense,BV, but personal stuff wasn't exactly what I meant.

So, hit me with the highlights and headlines. :AH-HA_wink:

BTW: Love the GT in your sig,91

Wish it were mine but alas I have a MC Z34. :(

Anyways lets see there were leaked pictures of the Tahoe, Escalade, Yukon about a month before they debuted. Then there were leaked pictures of the Camaro conept, in early design stages, about a week before it debuted. GM said they were pissed about both BUT I haven't heard that anything has been done.

There was a press preview about 3-4 months ago where the media and auto anaylsts got to see a look into GMs future. The next CTS, Malibu, Enclave (Buick Lambda crossover), Outlook (Saturn Lambda crossover), Acadia (GMC Lambda crossover), rumored to have been sketches of a 4 door Pontiac RWD coupe, and of course the GMT900s.

The next Malibu and CTS are supposed to have WOWed the people present. The next Malibu was pushed back a year or so to put it onto Epsilon II. The next Ion GMX002 was shown in 2 pics here and then the pics were pulled, if you need them you could say so and probably get them in an email :AH-HA_wink: . Apparently Delta II will not happen as GM Europe was not to happy with Delta I. The next gen of compact cars will ride on the global compact car chassis which will likely use parts from Delta and the current (albeit revised) T-body.

Camaro is a go from a source or two and likely are a couple of other RWD cars for NA. The most likely plant will be Willmington for the coupes with other RWD cars going to Oshawa. There is a survey on the Fastlane blog about future smaller cars being FWD or RWD and benefits and people's opinion, something that thegriffin hinted at about 3 months ago for the next G6 and having the GTO be a coupe version of that.

Also don't be upset if you see the next Holden Ute because there is a chance it could be sold in the states as well, could be built on the coupe line in Willmington.

BTW Welcome back, hope I gave you some good things to read and ponder about.

As far as C&G news, we were bought out by Toyota last month, so...yeah. Sorry, Camino.

Are you planning on entering the Avalon chop competition?

:CG_all:

Some things never change. :lol:

Fly you're the same old wiseguy. Might be fun to chop an Avalon... let me get my axe.

Thanks for the quick update, 91, I missed a few of those tidbits.

Oh yeah CD/BP is Chris Doane, I think I mis spelled that. Anyways he is a spy photographer and lets us know when and where his photos show up so we can see things rather quickly. He also shows us some photos for free on occasion, but usually we have to guess for 3-4 days to guess what it is.

Edit: Corrected Chris I hate it when people spell my name wrong so I won't do it to others.

Edited by 91z4me

Oh yeah CD/BP is Chris Doanne, I think I mis spelled that.  Anyways he is a spy photographer and lets us know when and where his photos show up so we can see things rather quickly.  He also shows us some photos for free on occasion, but usually we have to guess for 3-4 days to guess what it is.

Ermm...one "n". :)

(edit: haha oh you were close though)

Edited by CD/BP

Oh yeah CD/BP is Chris Doane, I think I mis spelled that.  Anyways he is a spy photographer and lets us know when and where his photos show up so we can see things rather quickly.  He also shows us some photos for free on occasion, but usually we have to guess for 3-4 days to guess what it is.

Edit: Corrected Chris I hate it when people spell my name wrong so I won't do it to others.

Used to be Mountain23, if memory serves.

WELCOME BACK!!! Camino. Next time I'm down in Penn hanging out wiht you remind me to put more ketchup on my scrapple. :D Mean time how do you like my Maxima sig. Never thought a Datsun came with RWD, 4dr station wagon body style, stick on wood paneling decals, wire hubcaps & a electronic girlfriend reminding you such things as:

Right Door is open

Fuel level ... is low

Lights ARE on! :P

A Datsun? It's a Datsun!

Yeah I know... you think they'd at least have a Cadillac.

--- Corvette Summer

Posted Image

"In fact, did you know a Chevrolet (small block) V8 with no oil in it and no water in it will last about two hours before it disintegrates? We did it twice. The first time it lasted an hour and 15 minutes and the second time it lasted two hours."

- Louis Cuttitta [GM engineer who worked on the SBC for over 30 years] -- Pg. 115 "Camaro" by Anthony Young

Edited by Sixty8panther