HHR

Minarets

well, i must admit....i was dissapointed when my wife said she wanted to turn the Trailblazer in on a HHR. she recently found out she was going to be transfered which will result in a 90 mile / day commute. i already have a 88 mile commute in the opposite direction.

the TB got about 18mpg combined....that wasnt gonna cut it. i am 25 and we have a 7 week old and wasting $$ on gas at this times just doesnt seem wise. i get roughly 25 mpg in my MAXima....

when my wife wanted a HHR i sorta scoffed. my father in law works for GM and we do get the employee discount, so that of course would be nice, but a HHR?

well.........i love it. i have been looking for a G35, TL, Lexus IS350...maybe a Saab 9-5,or Buick Lucerne for myself....obviosuly more costly cars and more "lux"

we bought a silver 2LT fully optioned HHR w/ chrome....i must say i am impressed. fit and finish for a $24,000 car is fantastic. XM radio, heated seats, remote start, ipod jack...not much else i could ask for...except for maybe NAV and HID's, but obviously not needed in this caliber car. good gas mileage is bonus. rides extremely well

only negatives: needs more power (and that would prolly negate the good gas mileage) and arm rests need to be bigger or 1 solid piece.

i like so much that when my Maxima croaks, i may get a black 2LT HHR.

i m impressed.

I kind of scoffed at the HHR at first as well.  But, it really makes a lot of sense in terms of utility and gas mileage.  I have a couple of kids surfboards that measure about 70 inches each.  Do you have any idea how long the cargo area is with the rear seats folded?

i do not. sorry, however the front passenger seat folds as well, for some added space

well, i must admit....i was dissapointed when my wife said she wanted to turn the Trailblazer in on a HHR. she recently found out she was going to be transfered which will result in a 90 mile / day commute. i already have a 88 mile commute in the opposite direction.

the TB got about 18mpg combined....that wasnt gonna cut it. i am 25 and we have a 7 week old and wasting $$ on gas at this times just doesnt seem wise. i get roughly 25 mpg in my MAXima....

when my wife wanted a HHR i sorta scoffed. my father in law works for GM and we do get the employee discount, so that of course would be nice, but a HHR?

well.........i love it. i have been looking for a G35, TL, Lexus IS350...maybe a Saab 9-5,or Buick Lucerne for myself....obviosuly more costly cars and more "lux"

we bought a silver 2LT fully optioned HHR w/ chrome....i must say i am impressed. fit and finish for a $24,000 car is fantastic. XM radio, heated seats, remote start, ipod jack...not much else i could ask for...except for maybe NAV and HID's, but obviously not needed in this caliber car. good gas mileage is bonus. rides extremely well

only negatives: needs more power (and that would prolly negate the good gas mileage) and arm rests need to be bigger or 1 solid piece.

i like so much that when my Maxima croaks, i may get a black 2LT HHR.

i m impressed.

With the 2LT you should have the 2.4L engine which is the hottest one available right now.

Rumor says that the Cobalt Turbo version may come later.

I kind of scoffed at the HHR at first as well.  But, it really makes a lot of sense in terms of utility and gas mileage.  I have a couple of kids surfboards that measure about 70 inches each.  Do you have any idea how long the cargo area is with the rear seats folded?

In the only factory brochure that I have seen to date, it says" with its seats folded flat, HHR can accommodate cargo items up to eight feet in length."

They do not show a picture with any dimensions on it, nor do they say if this

8 feet capacity is with the right front passenger seat folded as well, since it can do that. However, the front seat folded is not at the same elevation as the rest of the flat floor, it is higher.

Edited by rkmdogs

Congrats on your purchase and welcome aboard! I like the HHR-nice car (thanks for reminding me to order the brochure)-nice color array too-there's a Sandstone LS I see in town and it looks nice-all HHR needs is optional aluminum wheels for the base LS model, and for ABS to be across-the-board standard. How about the 2LT becomes LTZ, you know kind of like an SS but not, because its a 4-cylinder front-drive car.

• 5 weeks later...

I was pleasently surprised when I sat in one at the Chicago Auto Show. The windows dont seem so undersized when you are sitting in it. It does have more room than a lot of cars these days. I fit pretty well in the back. If you have large feet it is a little bit of a pain to get back there but once you are there it has plenty of back seat room. The cargo area is plenty big for what most people will use it for. As for the control positions I am used to some of it from having an Equinox. I know they give mileage ratings but I wonder what people are really getting that own these?