Hybrid Volvo!

Sixty8panther

Check out this Swedish custom:

Pretty Sweet!

and you thought I was going to post the Prowler wannabe from a few years back. ^_^

Edited by Sixty8panther

I can find you pics of an old Saab 900 2 dor sedan in black with a mustnag 5.0L v-8 with plenty of "Edelbrock" upgrades under the hood.......... say... SLEEPER!

And ther's this other guy who decided not only to put the 5.oL mustnag engine in the c-900 but also the interior dash/seats/carpets... everything...

So I could drop a 3 cylinder Saab engine in to a 1959 Eldorado if I wanted to?

Shure you can! however, good luck going anywhere over 30 MP/H if you dont have any turbo or anything on there..... I think they were rated at something like 40-65 HP depending on the model an year!

I think there's a 70% chance that my 350 crate motor will find its way out fo my Camaro and into the Datsun sometime in the next two years. :)

I think there's a 70% chance that my 350 crate motor will find its way out fo my Camaro and into the Datsun sometime in the next two years. :)

But I thought you got the Datsun for fuel economy as a daily driver... Or by means you're getting the new Camaro??

Anyhow, it would've been better if they kept that Chevy badge off...

Edited by ToniCipriani

Yes I got the Datsun for good fuel economy.... well that was my excust to Marcia. In reality I had three V8 and all automatics. I was bored and needed an excuse to buy another car, manual as the only requirement. There were other reasons/logic but that's the gist of it. :P

But if I can stuff a 377 horsepoer motor into a car that is a blast to drive wiht a little 120HP Inline Six then I'll have a real sleeeper and therefore F*** gas.

I can always cut back on one of my other habits to save enough to feed that thirsty motor but the fun to be had with it will be priceless!

As far as the Camaro, it's a car I will always love but it's time to move on. I've had my fun wiht her and she needs a restoration more than she needs to keep doing burnouts and get abused at New England Dragway.

In order to afford my next Automotive goal.... a 1959 Buick hardtop of some sort, I have to let the Camaro go. I'll miss al the fun times I had in that little hardtop Scum-Rod but all good things must come to an end.

Since I can not part wiht it completely the motor is staying in my possesion untill I can shoehorn it into some other poor unsuspecting car.

Crazy. I would have wanted (if funding were available) to put the new 2.0L Ecotec Turbocharged I-4 from the new SAAB 9-3 into a/my Skyhawk ^_^ .

Yes I got the Datsun for good fuel economy.... well that was my excust to Marcia. In reality I had three V8 and all automatics. I was bored and needed an excuse to buy another car, manual as the only requirement. There were other reasons/logic but that's the gist of it. :P

But if I can stuff a 377 horsepoer motor into a car that is a blast to drive wiht a little 120HP Inline Six then I'll have a real sleeeper and therefore F*** gas.

I can always cut back on one of my other habits to save enough to feed that thirsty motor but the fun to be had with it will be priceless!

As far as the Camaro, it's a car I will always love but it's time to move on. I've had my fun wiht her and she needs a restoration more than she needs to keep doing burnouts and get abused at New England Dragway.

In order to afford my next Automotive goal.... a 1959 Buick hardtop of some sort, I have to let the Camaro go. I'll miss al the fun times I had in that little hardtop Scum-Rod but all good things must come to an end.

Since I can not part wiht it completely the motor is staying in my possesion untill I can shoehorn it into some other poor unsuspecting car.

illl tell ya right now id wait on the buick and sell the panther and keep the datsun and do a little transplant

do you rreally need 4 cars anyways? make a sacrifice stick with 2 or 3 and get a niiice 59 thats what id do

The STS will be traded soon for soemthing new-ish (by my standards) like a '96 Fleetwood or a brand new car like a 3.5 Charger.

Other than that my fleet now only consists of the '68 and the Datsun. The Volvo is just a demolition derby car so that's not really a part of the fleet.

I'd be happy wiht three:

Daily driver for me: Datsun, and my classic: '59 Buick

& a newish car for Marcia: perhsps a used GTO (I can always hope)

If and when we buy a house I might just junk the 240 and or part it out.