Granholm is so Effing Stupid!

NOS2006

She's sitting in front of the camera on Local 4 for the NAIAS Charity Preview. Well, she's with her husband and son. The reporters ask her (like 12 year old) son what his favoite vehicle here is and he says, "Well that one over there *pointing at some Jeep*" and Granholm just has to say, "Well he does have enough money for it."

Then they're asking her about why this show helps Detroit (read: Big 3) out so much. She responds by saying that it's both an "offensive and defensive strike. They're now seeing that the Chinese are huge competitors and are coming soon. They're going to really have to step their game up if they want to compete with the Chinese automakers."

What a douche!

What ? Shes not to good ? I just saw Oregon or Washington has a female governer too ?

I really dont see where taking note or making note of China coming is wrong or stupid, much more than note should be taken. You will see the future is not in American hands, you have been sodomized but the foreplay made you more accommodating.

What ? Shes not to good ? I just saw Oregon or Washington has a female governer too ?

I really dont see where taking note or making note of China coming is wrong or stupid, much more than note should be taken. You will see the future is not in American hands, you have been sodomized but the foreplay made you more accommodating.

Well it's not so much the foreplay as the lubric......nevermind.

That really is a truely dumbass comment. Where there a bunch of chinese cars there that really wowed her? Or is she just baa-ing along with the rest of the sheep and assuming because it comes from over the Magic Ocean Waves that it's flat out & amazingly "competitve" by default? You disgruntled Michiganers: find out what she drives.

Personally, everything I've every held in my hands that wasn't literally 'china' has broken in 1/100th of it's expected lifespan or been defective from the git go. My sons know from experience not to get upset when something they have breaks... if it says 'Made in China' on the bottom.

Edited by balthazar

agreed but dont you think we still need to worry ? We'll be flooded with these Chinese yugos until the last thread of American industrialization come squeeking to a hault..........then what ? We all wear T shirts that say

"Ive been sodomized"

"me and my family work for the Chinese"

"its OK because the Govs son can afford a Grand Cherokee...if he could find one"

Need to worry that the chinese makes will be competitive? Not initially. Worry that they'll be cheap and make inroads because people buy cheap crap all the time (look at how hyundai got going here)? Yes, absolutely. Worry that they'll make decent stuff eventually and really grab marketshare? Yes again. Hate the fact that they are even allowed in the U.S. market in the first place? Absolutely again. Hate the inevitable industry articles that'll bemoan the unavoidable marketshare slip of FoMoCo & GM because of a never-ending flood of foreign brands meanwhile NEVER attributing that slide to more competition and the very nature of statistics that compute marketshare? Absolutely cubed.

Who cares about it breaking when it's a POS product even when in 100% mint condition.

Most Chinese cars are gross and horrible... even if they WERE reliable I'd never buy one. Wake up people! It's a communist country. Christ, am I living in Bizaro world.

There seems to be a general consensus about Michigan citizens not particularly caring for Granholm.

I tend to agree, the economy here seems to be stagnating.

Uh-oh, there seems to be something vaguely political about the above.

Granny needs to lend a bit of aid or more support for the Big 3 (2).

The U.S. Definitely needs high tariffs for imported things (especially automobiles) that other nations seem to have.

There seems to be a general consensus about Michigan citizens not particularly caring for Granholm.

I tend to agree, the economy here seems to be stagnating.

Uh-oh, there seems to be something vaguely political about the above.

Granny needs to lend a bit of aid or more support for the Big 3 (2).

The U.S. Definitely needs high tariffs for imported things (especially automobiles) that other nations seem to have.

Stagnating?

House values are dropping...many, many layoffs are looming...

I would have to say Michigan could be in trouble...

It is a double edged sword. VW, GM, etc. are tripping over themselves to get a piece of the Chinese market. Like it or not, it is THE market of the future. China already has more than 300 million middle class people - more than the entire population of the U.S. You do realize that with 4 times the population, China only has to achieve 1/4 the per capita output of the U.S. to overtake the U.S. as the world's largest economy - and here on C&G we're worried about Toyota over taking GM!

Undoubtedly, China will one day vehicles to reckon with, but at least China is allowing (for now) foreign auto makers into their own domestic market - something that Japan has blocked and prevented for decades!

Chineese need to be watched... but they dont need to be feared... their products are inferior but cheap... as japans products were...

dont worry toyota has their eye on putting an axe on the chinese... and they are also watching hyundia closely...

Edited by Newbiewar

It will be interesting to see if MITI allows cheap Chinese cars into Japan.......