BMW 3-Series

HarleyEarl

Heh-heh, douchewagons. Shouldn't that be "douchewagens"? :P

Yeah, that might be a bad angle for the tail, but it does look kinda bulbous. And safer or not, those side-mirror turn-signals are horrible, they scream "JC Whitney".

Taking a closer look, parts of this pic look to be edited or otherwise fake- the lower nose and the pass. side mirror particularly. Just me?

Looks like someone took a current 3-series coupe, lowered it, put ugly aftermarket side mirrors on it, and an ugly front headlight conversion.

But then the whole dimensions of the thing look off. Looks like they put the shell of the car on about 6 inches too far back, and then just said "f it" and cut new holes of the wheels.

If that is truly it, then nice job raping what was once a perfect car you stupid douchewagons...

Man, do I agree with you. And the sedan too....it doesn't look right....it looks like a bargain basement car....there is a certain dullness about it.

The previous 3-series coupe was a classic. Especially the M3....this new one pales.

I hate to say it, but BMW is losing it's Germaness. Makes sense, really, Bangle is an American isn't he? This new 3-series looks like something GM would have done in years past. Not a good thing.

Edited by HarleyEarl

Yea, Adrian Van Hooydonk is the one responsible for introducing the "flame surface" styling theme (Z9 concept) and Bangle is the one responsible for executing it...It's so sad to see what BMW has become recently. The mechanicals are still there, but the designs have just gone out the window. When the e36 3 series was introduced it became a very controversial design from BMW. But the e36 ended up being a huge hit and future BMW design elements that strayed from the e36 ended up working very well for the rest of the BMW lineup. The bangled designs now are, imo, just horrid. They just don't do it for me. While some like these designs, many don't and they are much more highly controversial than what the e36 was. The e36 worked. These new designs do not.

Well, for all the harsh words, let's be fair and compare it to the CTS coupe. Oh, there isn't one. I guess BMW wins again.

The 3-Coupe is not that bad and the rear kind of reminds me of a Monte Carlo. (In the sense that its "off" somehow but defies explanation)

Edited by SoCalCTS

I don't think comparison should really be brought into this...I mean, MB doesn't really have a competitor for it either, unless you count the worthless c-class hatchback...Audi doesn't either. G35 coupe would be fair comparison I guess. To give the car the benefit of the doubt, it is a bad picture and the car is dirty...it's not even an official picture, so we'll see how it turns out...that still doesn't sway my previous posts any other way though.

Edit: I knew it looked fake before, and it is...this is a photo chop. This is not real.

I'd go here for the most up to date infor and spypics of this...

http://www.carspyshots.net/zerothread?id=12313&page=9

Edited by Nick

I thought bmw was moving all the 2-drs to even numbers and all the 4-drs would be odd numbers?

They were. But in the infinite wisdom of the BMW marketers, the 3-Series brand is to strong to have a 4-Series coupe. So, though we have a 6-Series, and will have a 2-Series, the 3-Series will continue. :huh:

One of the recent UK mags (Top Gear or Car, I think) has a pic of the rear...the taillights are more horizontal than the sedan.

I'm looking forward to seeing it in person, I've long liked the current E46 coupe.