Official Chrysler Aspen Official Pictures

BrewSwillis

and you need to learn how to count

if i need to learn how to puntctaute and spelll, i think your boxers are on to tight and need to not be so prissy and worried about my spelling ;)

Edited by Chicken4U

Um... I can count. Try again. Anyways, your posts speak for themselves.

LIKE I SAID MY SPELLING AND GRAMMER HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH CARS, BUT OBVIOULSY I BETTER GET IT CORRECT OR GET CHEWED OUT.....

Anyways, GTO looks nothing like a Cavalier. After 2 years of comparing, I still don't see it.

Now I like the GTO....and the Cavalier for that matter......but I can't believe anyone wouldn't admit that they look "similar". Not exactly the same, but at least similar. If the Cavi had a thicker C pillar, they would even look that much more alike.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I don't like this one bit. The exterior (especially the front end) is a dog. The front end strikes me as being something straight out of the mid 1970s, let's say 1975.

*quick Google search*

Well, whatd'ya know...

Chrysler Aspen, meet...Chrysler Aspen.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's a little different, but I see some similarities in the headlight layout and grille.

As for the interior, is one of the vent covers starting to peel off already?

Posted Image

Those vents look straight out of the mid 1980s. The overall dash just looks plastic-tastic.

Posted Image

I don't know...I like the 300C, Charger, and Challenger, but everything else Chrysler seems to be coming out with these days is really turning me off.

wow its really hard for you diehards to admit the GTO looks like the cavalier

you have to be really ignorant to not notice

You'd have to be really ignorant not to notice the differences. Other than having two doors and being painted yellow, they look completely different to me.

Guest YellowJacket894

wow its really hard for you diehards to admit the GTO looks like the cavalier

you have to be really ignorant to not notice

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is for you (that is how you correctly spell that), Chicken4U.

Posted Image

Thank you. I'll be here all night.

(I will take that down at a moderator's consent.)

Edited by anorexorcist

there aren't too many similarities between the GTO and the cavalier to say one looks like the other. It would be like saying the new Tahoe looks like the Expedition because they have a similar overall stance. The GTO and Cavalier share a similar stance, beltline, roofline, and C-pillar. Other than that, they look NOTHING alike. Thier are similarities in the designs, mostly because both were released in the same decade in thier original iterations. They do NOT look like one another, just have some common DNA.

Heres the truth: The new Chrysler Aspen is an amazing looking suv.

I saw it first hand at the auto show and heard the guy talking about how nice of an suvis it, and of its nice features Later I even sat in the cockpit, and felt how nice the textures, and the overall layout was. In my opinion it's almost as good as that of the new Tahoe, being that the Tahoe's dash and seats textures, are a little "Grippy" and dont let you slide out in jeans, like in say and equinox or the old Tahoes seats, but rather lift out of it, and the dashboard, feels like material that belongs on the floor of a Bathtub to keep one from falling. There is no doubt the new Escalade is a better and well rounded vehicle, but with the popularity of the Chrysler brand after the 300C, if people decide the new Escalade dosen't fit their needs The new Chrysler Aspen will surley be Next on the List.

Wake me up when this fails.

What?  I hardly closed my eyes.

This is almost as good of a badge-job from the old Stratus/Cirrius/Breeze and Spirit/LeBaron/Acclaim

At least they weren't ugly- well, the cloud cars weren't

Saw the Aspen in person and they kinda fixed one of my complaints about the Durango.....the bad, hard, dash plastics....!

They put some soft-touch stuff on the dash which was quite nice and far better than the crap they have been using in Durango. Other areas remained hard (back of the dashboard, lower parts of dash and door panels) but it was nice to see them make an effort.

They did kinda like what Cadillac did to upgrade Escalade's materials over that of the Tahoe....

I think this is pleasant looking, though nothing interesting about it. It IS a utility vehicle. On the other hand, the Durango makes my eyes water, and I come close to losing my lunch. THAT is one horrendous, ugly, disgusting design. And I AM a Mopar fan!