Want a Camaro? Tell GM Here!!

tama z71

The Camaro is a legend.

The first generation ('67-69) is recognized by many as the world's greatest Muscle Car. Some of these cars go for over $200,000! They are legendary and amazing vehicles built with all heart.

The second generation ('70.5-81) was another building block in the masterpiece commonly referenced as Camaro. As another collector's car in the stable, many auto enthusiasts would love to own a second generation.

The third generation ('82-92) continued the legacy with harder-edged styling and in-your-face performance for its time.

The fourth generation ('93-02) was another amazing era of vehicles, but was short-handed being that it hailed from the previous generation's platform. However, it continued the legend, beating all its competition in speed, power, and quirkiness. It was ended in 2002 to begin a hiatus state, making many simply dream of owning another new Camaro.

However, GM, you have the chance to give us this opportunity! This concept Camaro, modelling the possibilities of the (highly anticipated and long awaited) 5th Gen in all its Camaro glory: 400 HP, 6 speed manual, amazing suspension, brakes to stop about anything on a dime, amazing curves, an amazing side-grille, sharp fenders, and luscious lines. Give us this opportunity to once again own a Camaro. I guarantee you my purchase of a 2009 SS model (in black, if you're taking notes). And you'll have my downpayment WELL before it hits the showroooms. I promise.

Build it GM!!-----Build it NOW!! This concept is more then I could have EVER hoped for. With its EVIL first gen. inspired looks combined with modern enginearing with IRS and V8 power!! Chevy/Camaro fans--GM--America and the WORLD NEEDS THIS!!----NOW!!

Drive your Chevrolet through the USA

America is waiting for you to come

Drive your Chevrolet through the USA

America's the greatest land of all

Whether travelin light or with a load that's heavy

performance is sweeter, nothin can beat her

Life is completer in a Chevy

So make a break today and see the USA

and see it in your Chevrolet.

CAMARO B)

I want this Camaro as is with the exception of the interior.  You can change that.  JUST DON'T cheap out on the interior materials.

What he said...

I've been a long time F-body enthusiast and had planned to own a fourth generation V8 model but with a PRODUCTION camaro looking as it the concept's exterior, I've selected my next purchase. The Interior I want something completly modern looking rather than retro but anything with quality materials and well put together will do for me.

Build the Camaro GM!! :chevy:

Edited by Decka

The following Camaros have been in my family's possesion at one time or another

1984 Z28

1987 IROC

1996 Z28

1998 Z28

2000 SS

I love the SS and I plan on keeping it as long as I can, but it's time a new Camaro comes along to let the SS rest.

My mustang driving girlfriend wants one.

My brother wants one.

I want one!

Pleas GM, give us a new Camaro.

Edited by AAS

GM BUILD THIS CAR! I have a personal love for the camaro. There is a 99 camaro SS in my garage right now and there will always be a camaro in my garage. Everyone who happens to glance at my screen as a pour over the pictures over and over asks "WHAT IS THAT!?" I proudly say "the new camaro". GM I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW BADLY YOU NEED TO BUILD THIS CAR. BUILD US THE CAMARO AND MAKE IT SOON

I owned an '86, TBI 305/5 speed base model Camaro, although I admit I haven't been a huge, huge fan of the car in the final years, before hiatus. Of course, this was due to a bit of neglect on GM's part. Ford kept up with Mustang development, and it showed.

But this is a new day.

This Camaro concept proves that GM still knows how to wow the public and trounce the competition. The concept is simply brilliant. I would love to own a production version, as soon as you can make it happen, GM, and as close in appearance as is practical. I am in love with this car. To ensure its longterm success, of course we must start off with a lively, nicely equipped 6 cylinder version, with the latest in transmissions to back it up... 6 speed manual, or 5 speed automatic. Then, at least two V8 versions. Pricing has to come very very close to Mustang, with the undeniable extra benefits afforded by GM's powertrain and styling mastery.

This concept is a stunner... an opportunity ripe for the picking. Build it, GM!

My list:

69 Camaro

88 Iroc Z

89 RS

79 Z28 one blue one red

81 Z28

92 RS

69 ragtop ratty mess all gone excpet-

69 My keeper still here

I think its so important to America to make this car. GM needs this. I am obviously biased, I am a huge GM fan but this car is really a smash hit, the car GM needs. This car will lead them into a new era, I am absolutely going to buy this car the second it can be ordered, I think my girl will too and my two brothers. The only time I saw something that captured my imagination like this was when I first saw my 69. I always used to wonder what the muscle car wars were like. Im only 31 so I missed the greatness of the late 60s early 70s, come on GM let us all experience it. I brought the pictures oif this car into work and every single persons jaw dropped. This thing is sick make it as fast as you can GM make it affordable and youll sell many of these cars.

I have owned an 83 Z-28 305 carbuerated, a 99 Z28 LS1 and my present car which I'm keeping forever and proudly I keep it in show room condition and I only have 5700 miles on her is my 2001 SS fully loaded 6 spd hurst black beauty. My dad has owned a 69 camaro Rally Sport with 350,420 HP 4 speed and 4:11 posi and he also has owned a 1LE equipped 87 Iroc Z 5 speed 305 TPI which was totalled a year later when my mom was t boned at an intersection but she was ok. My dad was a wreck over the car for over three months. Anyway GM, as soon as I have seen this beautiful sexxy piece of work, I immediately printed out the pics to show all of my family who are defenitely in awww of what a great job you did in combining retro with modern. Thank you so much for not ripping off any 1st gen camaro. I will indeed be in line to purchase a bad ass Z 28 or SS as long as it has that body style, the interior is close to what I see and I'll take mine with the 6 speed Hurst shifter please. GM you NEED to BUILD THIS NOW!!!!!!!! Still drooling at the mouth.

By 2009, I shall be looking for another car, too, and by that time, I should be able to afforda nice Z/28 or SS. GM, if you produce this, I guarantee you I will buy a 2009 or 2010 model. It is simply the sexiest vehicle I've laid eyes on. Don't tease us with this concept and leave us hanging.

BUILD IT!

I love GM like a family member... Always have.

I want them to thrive and prosper and make Toyota crawl back inot the depths from which it came.

SO natruyally I want to give them a new car sale... I've owned more than a dozen GM products even though I'm only 26 but all of them were bought used.

But by god I'll but this new Camaro even if I have to eat Mac&Cheese for a decade. If the production car is a true reflection of this concept I'll get into a knife fight just to put a depoist down. A (pillarless) hardtop and rwd is enough for me to buy it... nevermind the awsome loks and the performance this car will bring to the table.

Rememer GM, the important things are as follows:

HARDTOP

RWD

FULLY MANUAL TRANS option

KEEP THE STYLING for the production model

Thank You! :)

Let's see... how can I show GM how important this car is and how much I want one? Well, in 2 to 3 years, if anyone asks me about the cars I've owned I'ld like the list to look like this:

'83 Honda Civic S

'85 Honda CRX

'87 Honda Civic Si

'91 Nissan 240SX Se

'92 Mazda MX3 GS

'92 Mazda Miata

'02 Honda Civic Si

'09 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

This is the one car that could make me buy domestic.

MY wife and I have already discussed this. It has a back seat, and we are planning on having children, so it'll work.

She's always wanted a Camaro, and I have a 1969 Camaro at home. Baby will make two.

Make the damn thing, keep the price for a Z28 right around 20-25 thou, and I will buy one.

The Camaro is the single car that got me loving GM in the first place, and will always have a soft spot in my heart as my one true automobile love. I've shown this to friends who have said that if this car makes production, will do anything in their power to own one. Hell, my girlfriend told me if we got married it'd be my wedding present. If this car makes production, i WILL own one. Period. I dont care what it takes, but that car will be registered under my name if it makes production. There are cars that you "Settle" for. Then there are cars you crave and dream about. I have been buzzing about this car since I first saw the concept photos leaked, and then again when I saw it at NAIAS. I want this car. Now.

Let's see... how can I show GM how important this car is and how much I want one?  Well, in 2 to 3 years, if anyone asks me about the cars I've owned I'ld like the list to look like this:

'83 Honda Civic S

'85 Honda CRX

'87 Honda Civic Si

'91 Nissan 240SX Se

'92 Mazda MX3 GS

'92 Mazda Miata

'02 Honda Civic Si

'09 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

This is the one car that could make me buy domestic.

I'm not a Honda fan but I do think the CRX is a fascinating little bugger... the 240SX is understandably a good choice and I had my Girlfriend's 1992 Mazda MX3 GS for a daily driver for a couple of months after I bought the STS for her. That was an interesting little car. The size of a CRX but wiht a V6. Gotta love it. If only the MX3 GS was RWD it would have been an awsome pocket rocket.

build it GM!!! im a daimler chrysler fan but that camaro looks nice!!! the challenger and the mustang our gonna need some competition!!!

GM... build me my Fiero. What? This is for the Camaro concept? Pfft... who the hell wants a Camaro when you can have a Fiero? Right Sixty8? Damn... it sucks to know the one car I love more than anything will never be built again. Enjoy my depression, Camarocans.

Yes, GM, build it. Even though I will never buy one...

My mother wants one of these so theres someone else she said shes going to make my dad buy her a brand new one since he made her get rid of her 1989 Camaro!