2006 NAIAS: 2007 Nissan Sentra

Regarding the "Sentra" name, I don't think it holds a lot of baggage. The old model was kind of dowdy and unremarkable, but it wasn't a bad car. Also, Nissan has proved that you can take the name of a mediocre car, the last-generation Altima, and make the next generation successful.

I hope Nissan continues going back to its performance roots and comes out with a NISMO or SE-R model.

Nissan I think is doing the worst job of all the Japanese. The interiors aren't being updated to nicer materials even if the layout is better.

It's weird. the versa was so cheap in comparison to the fit and Yaris. And everything feels light. I'm really unimpressed and they fall way down the list for me.

Although supposedly they're making that URGE.

You know....I disagree.

I haven't seen the Versa yet......but Nissan seems to do a great interior job on their cars....it's their trucks and SUVs that have really $h!ty materials and fit-and-finish.

I recently had an Altima rental.....and since they redid the interior, the plastics are much better and things like the center stack really mesh well with the rest of the dashboard.

Maxima quality inside is top-notch. NOW you may not like the LOOK of it, but they use really good materials and everything seems to fit.

Also, Murano has for the most part pretty good materials and a flashy design. You can't tell hard plastic from soft plastic unless you touch it....'cause it's all matte-finish and done in the same graining.

I'm hoping Sentra will follow suit....because the interior LOOKS good in pictures...

You know....I disagree.

I haven't seen the Versa yet......but Nissan seems to do a great interior job on their cars....it's their trucks and SUVs that have really $h!ty materials and fit-and-finish.

I recently had an Altima rental.....and since they redid the interior, the plastics are much better and things like the center stack really mesh well with the rest of the dashboard.

Maxima quality inside is top-notch.  NOW you may not like the LOOK of it, but they use really good materials and everything seems to fit.

Also, Murano has for the most part pretty good materials and a flashy design.  You can't tell hard plastic from soft plastic unless you touch it....'cause it's all matte-finish and done in the same graining.

I'm hoping Sentra will follow suit....because the interior LOOKS good in pictures...

I didn't say it was the worst car company I said worst of the Japanese. Big difference. But Mazda, Toyota, Honda and Mitsubishi all have nicer interiors. And all of those companies seem to have larger improvements to their interiors than Nissan. Infiniti obviously being an exception and I'm talking about the main companies only.

It's proportioned like that to maximize interior space.

I think the plood isn't that bad. It's better than a strip of pletal or bland plastic. The exterior's not bad, either. Nissan could have given it a look of its own (my preference) but it flows nicely into the existing lineup.

Exterior looks like a shrunken Altima and Maxima combined.....not attractive.  The "trucky" looking interiors are starting to get old Nissan....pretty much all Nissan interiors look identical.

Looks great to me... more refreshing than the traditional dark, burled stuff.

I agree. Looks clean, not blindingly shiny like others. And, people, this is a Sentra. Should the wood be the most incredible looking ever? No. Is it better than some? Yes. So I say thumbs up.

Good luck with the CVT..... I wish GM hadn't abandoned that idea. (As usual they were way ahead of the times, criticized for that innovation, and now will lag upon it's cancellation)

They cancelled it because it was too expensive to produce, plus they were exteremely problamatic, therefore eating away at warranties, etc...

And, sorry but Honda adopted the CVT tranny on their '97 Civic Coupe if I'm not mistaken...

They cancelled it because it was too expensive to produce, plus they were exteremely problamatic, therefore eating away at warranties, etc...

And, sorry but Honda adopted the CVT tranny on their '97 Civic Coupe if I'm not mistaken...

Only the lean-burn models, and they, too, were horribly unreliable.