C&G First Scoop! Some Buick Enclave Details

Guest Josh

C&G is your official GM Enthusiast web-site from this years NAIAS' 06 and we have your first glimpse of the Buick Enclave! This image may not be in the best of quality but you get the idea. The Enclave was described as being "very elegant" with a very impressive interior. Stay with C&G throughout the course of the day as we provide you with information & imagery from GM's Heritage Center in Sterling Heights.

We're excited as ever!

Posted Image

Posted Image

OMG... it had to be only 10 minutes ago I was posting in another topic about how we had NO shots yet of the Enclave! LOL

Looks promising :)

I see a more of a cross between lucerne and velite cues in there rather than Centieme but maybe better pictures will show a better idea. I do like what i see so far.

is the 3.6 going to atleast be rated at aroudn 250/250?

and 4.7 uv8? what kind of power/mileage will we see with this? and will it be dohc or pushrod? (I miss pushrods :( )

If my parents buy an suv (they love the pacifica cause it's a crossover) I hope the 3.6 gets good milage, and over 245 hp (common my cousin has a murano, I gotta compete with him :lol: he also has a Z, but buick doesnt have $h! that can compare to that...hmm...now I gotta mod the century :lol:)

this brings another thing to mind, it is very possible that the lucerne super will have the uv8 is it not?

After looking at it more, does anyone think the headlights may be a bit too big? Maybe they just look so big because it's a close up of them and it could look fine when show with the rest of the vehicle, but they look overly large to me.

What do you know of the new 4.7L UV8?

The only thing we know is that it's OHC (probably DOHC) and should have all the goodies... VVT, direct injection, etc. It will eventually replace the Northstar from what we've heard, so that means it should be available in RWD and FWD versions.

After looking at it more, does anyone think the headlights may be a bit too big? Maybe they just look so big because it's a close up of them and it could look fine when show with the rest of the vehicle, but they look overly large to me.

I thought that when I first saw it, but I didn't want to pass judgement until I saw more pictures of the whole vehicle.

I was just checking the media.gm.com site and it said "Video Webcast: Buick Enclave Concept Vehicle at NAIAS, 2:10 p.m. Sunday, Jan 8, 2006." I went to the link and started the video stream under Buick. It says it's Eastern time, so that is 10 minutes from the time of this posting.

I was just checking the media.gm.com site and it said "Video Webcast: Buick Enclave Concept Vehicle at NAIAS, 2:10 p.m. Sunday, Jan 8, 2006." I went to the link and started the video stream under Buick. It says it's Eastern time, so that is 10 minutes from the time of this posting.

Thats like, now. :blink:

!!!

EDIT: go click buick...its streaming RIGHT NOW, about to begin!!!

Okay, it was that I was trying to open it in Firefox.. I went to IE and it opened fine. It's really beautiful... I just wish I could see the interior!