Motor Trend Reviews the 07 Tahoe

mystik

Some lines from the new Motor Trend review: "Running almost on empy, General Motors digs deep with its new full size truck platform and strikes it big." "A first drive smackdown test on the track and in the field reveals that GM brought game" "The technological advances are compelling-but the Tahoe's most critical changes are the interior. It's nothing short of stunning, especially when compared with the previous generation's. Cabin materials are significantly improved, with softer surfaces and tighter gaps and tolerances on all panels, the center stack, and gauges. Even the carpet fasteners have been hidden, giving the floor a better finised, seamless appearance. Gauges have a more upscale look with LED back lighting and chrome details that highlight but dont overpower." "Its not just enough to get to the party on time anymore, you have to get tehre ahead of schedule and with more goodies than anyone else. To that challenge the new Tahoe delivers." "The Tahoe is exactly what GM needed-a bigger, stronger, safer, more fuel-efficient sport utility with a decent interior-finally. Lets hope this is indicative of a better planning and development approach thatll produce more competitive products from here on out. Next up? Another high profit, high volume but risk filled segment: full size pick-ups. GM knows the drill." Motor Trend likes it.

If Motor Trend says the interior is "nothing short of stunning", then it is truely a fantastic effort. I don't see how any competitors can top the T900s in the next 3 years, if not longer.

[post="69060"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I thoroughly inspected it in person, and to be honest, it wasn't anything spectacular. Hidden carpet fasteners should be a given in a $40K SUV, and it really could have benefitted from the Escalade's upgraded materials. With that said, it is nice looking and competitive, but don't expect to be amazed.

I thoroughly inspected it in person, and to be honest, it wasn't anything spectacular. Hidden carpet fasteners should be a given in a $40K SUV, and it really could have benefitted from the Escalade's upgraded materials. With that said, it is nice looking and competitive, but don't expect to be amazed.

[post="69219"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

so I guess they meant amazing for a Tahoe, and amazing for a GM.

it'll certainly be worthy. hard plastics and all, at least the design is nice and most of the materials should be well done.

Well

Looks like some people are already relegating the Tahoe to "It's nice, but..." status. Which is a given for any new GM these days.

After all it's what we've been told to do.

:rolleyes:

All I'm saying is, "nothing short of stunning" is a gross exaggeration in my book.

the magazine nit picked on some friggin' carpet fasteners or the lack of??!

give me a @!!*#!% break.

Motor Trend... YOU SUCK.  how much does Toyota or Honda pay you guys for idiotic comments like that?

Umm.... you might want to read that again:

The technological advances are compelling-but the Tahoe's most critical changes are the interior. It's nothing short of stunning, especially when compared with the previous generation's. Cabin materials are significantly improved, with softer surfaces and tighter gaps and tolerances on all panels, the center stack, and gauges. Even the carpet fasteners have been hidden, giving the floor a better finished, seamless appearance. Gauges have a more upscale look with LED back lighting and chrome details that highlight but dont overpower.

-RBB