FOROZA 3 Video game racing

NEXTEL CUP

Forza is Italian for "strength". Usually used when describing someone in an athletic competition. Also I love racing games, but only like against people online, because that is where the real challenge is. Does anyone play any online racing games? Please let me know I would be willing to pick one up.

Forza is Italian for "strength". Usually used when describing someone in an athletic competition. Also I love racing games, but only like against people online, because that is where the real challenge is. Does anyone play any online racing games? Please let me know I would be willing to pick one up.

Hmmm... and I actually know quite a bit of Italian... didn't know that one.

I played some GRiD online, but it seems like they turn into a demolition derby (even on the non-demolition derby track). Some guy gets nudged into the wall, either intentionally or not and then since his race is ruined purposely parks somewhere and rams the lapping cars. PITA.

That's why I'm leaning more towards getting a 360 than a PS3. I want a good racing game now, not 2 or 3 years from now.

GT5 is definitively coming early next year. Well...until it gets pushed out again I suppose.

Foroza is alot like GT3 or 4. Offline the car models and driving are Awesome. You can adjust the game from arcade to full simulation with real damage and even a manual with a clutch.

Online it is horrible in my opinion. To play Online you select a type of racing you want to do CIRCUIT, OVAL, DRIFTING. Then once you make a selection you select which class of cars you want to race in. Class A, Class B, or Class C, with Class A being the fastest cars. Then the online parts gets horrible. You get put in a lobby and the computer selects the track. You have the option to veto for another tack if you want. The tracks the computer selects from are very random and their are a large variety of tracks so becomeing familiar with tracks is hard when the computer selects your favorite track, but it is reversed and mirrored. So usually the guy who wins is the guy familiar with the track and has a custom set up for the reverse mirrored track. This option of custom setups makes the game hard to approach online for a casual gamer. If you dont invest 30 mins into tuning your car you will not be competetive. Also the race is usaully 5mins of 3 laps. So bascially you spent 30 mins workong on your setup and got 5 mins of game time.

Word on the internets is that Forza is going to change its online options, but wait and see.

• 2 months later...

My xbox live id is NEXTEL CUP . Send me a friend request if anyone wants to race online. Also we can compare setups. I believe in this game there is even a Clan option. So I guess we can start are own Cheers and Gears online Clan for Forza.

I'm in tomorrow as soon as I get the game setup. I know there are some other people here who have the game to! Speak up!