OnStar: People call when they're lonely

Guest Josh

January 6, 2006 11:03 AM PST
LAS VEGAS--Customers who subscribe to GM's OnStar service mostly call when they need help unlocking a car or after an accident--but some call when they are lonely, said Chet Huber, president of the company.

"They call and ask them (the OnStar phone consultants) to contact their wife," he said. The social calls, however, have been dropping since the company integrated Verizon's cellular service with hands-free driving. During Hurricane Katrina, OnStar gave customers in Louisiana free cellular service. In some places, it was the only phone.

The company will come out with a new upgrade of its hardware in a month.

On a side note, the OnStar crowd stayed, by chance, in the same hotel favored by attendees from the Adult Entertainment Expo taking place here at the same time. "There are some different people here," Huber said.

Posted by Michael Kanellos

Source: http://news.com.com/2061-11727_3-6021877.h...21877&subj=news

One day I will get everyone in the nation with OnStar to push the OnStar button at once. Chaos will ensue.

[post="68942"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

\
I want to get everyone to flush their toilets all at once...don't know if it would do anything...but it would be cool.

\
I want to get everyone to flush their toilets all at once...don't know if it would do anything...but it would be cool.

[post="69010"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

After the final MASH episode the level of waterfolw in NYC increased by some 2 Million gallons all at once. That is the equivalent of like 1.5 Million flushing toilets. Looks like some people have already tried that.

I wonder how often someone sitting in traffic gets bored and this happens: OnStar Rep-Hello, how may I help you? Driver-Is your refrigerator running? OnStar Rep-Excuse me? Driver-Is your refigerator running? OnStar Rep-I assume it is sir, I'd have to go check Driver-Can you go do that OnStar rep-Yes, just one moment ...... OnStar Rep-Yes sir, our refrigerator is running Driver-We'll you'd better go catch it

I wonder how often someone sitting in traffic gets bored and this happens:

OnStar Rep-Hello, how may I help you?
Driver-Is your refrigerator running?
OnStar Rep-Excuse me?
Driver-Is your refigerator running?
OnStar Rep-I assume it is sir, I'd have to go check
Driver-Can you go do that
OnStar rep-Yes, just one moment
OnStar Rep-Yes sir, our refrigerator is running
Driver-We'll you'd better go catch it

[post="69178"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

lol! :lol: